Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:22 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks! I look forward to it. I am currently finishing a large scale model for competition. I am headed for the AMA nationals this summer. My Aurora 9 is a good radio, but it just did not have the channels I need. I have been wanting voice modulation to call my maneuvers in practice for a while. That plus the expanded number of channels led me to my decision. I was sold on the DX 18, until I researched the Jeti. Also, I really like the aluminum frame/case. I have never liked the plastic radios, since my first Futaba TX had a metal case. They just always seemed like cheap toys to me. Should be fun learning a new system.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:44 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

went out to the local field yesterday just for a typical day of flying here at Ft Wayne. It was cool. Joe Smith had brought several of our Jeti Team Mates out for a "typical day of flying".. If you know Joe, there is nothing typical about his flying.. He is one of the most talented pilots I have ever seen fly.. there were Jets, 40% Extra's, Large and small scale, Quads, all sorts of stuff. The neat thing is that the high number of Jeti systems that were there, and the crowd's they draw when they are used to their potential..

Additionally, the telemetry saved a plane yesterday.. a BEC was acting up, but with the alarm, it kept bouncing the alarm.. got it home.. the board was fried( its 10 yrs 0ld).. It was cool to see the full potential of the Jeti system in action all day.. Several people are now interested..

I also got to fly some Jets that others let me fly..thanks guys!! This system rocks..
Old 05-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took bunch of screen shoots from the Jeti programming menu.

Zb/Jeti USA
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Screen002.bmp (225.1 KB, 90 views)
Screen004.bmp (225.1 KB, 43 views)
Screen005.bmp (225.1 KB, 28 views)
Screen006.bmp (225.1 KB, 22 views)
Screen007.bmp (225.1 KB, 51 views)
Screen008.bmp (225.1 KB, 21 views)
Screen009.bmp (225.1 KB, 35 views)
Screen010.bmp (225.1 KB, 18 views)
Screen011.bmp (225.1 KB, 39 views)
Screen012.bmp (225.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-04-2015, 12:47 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
went out to the local field yesterday just for a typical day of flying here at Ft Wayne. It was cool. Joe Smith had brought several of our Jeti Team Mates out for a "typical day of flying".. If you know Joe, there is nothing typical about his flying.. He is one of the most talented pilots I have ever seen fly.. there were Jets, 40% Extra's, Large and small scale, Quads, all sorts of stuff. The neat thing is that the high number of Jeti systems that were there, and the crowd's they draw when they are used to their potential..

Additionally, the telemetry saved a plane yesterday.. a BEC was acting up, but with the alarm, it kept bouncing the alarm.. got it home.. the board was fried( its 10 yrs 0ld).. It was cool to see the full potential of the Jeti system in action all day.. Several people are now interested..

I also got to fly some Jets that others let me fly..thanks guys!! This system rocks..
Goose, I have to say that I had the same experience last week on maiden of a new jet, the low voltage warning started annunciating "Warning Low Voltage 4.7V", Warning Low Voltage 4.6 V"... holy #$@!... land now!

Upon investigation we discovered that the flaps were deployed too soon (high air speed) and was drawing down the system buss though the regulator I had installed....
Needless to say I ordered a Jedi 20 AMP BEC after that, its too bad that Jedi didn't build in telemetry on the battery inputs, to rectify this I also ordered the 30A MUI ex so I can monitor the battery input.

I did run a load test on the regulator today with a digital load tester and found that with a 11A load it held line regulation within 4.5%.
In other words the output was set for 6 V, and under 11A load the output was 5.7 Volts, well within safety margins!

So bottom line is that the Telemetry help save a $10K jet!
Old 05-04-2015, 03:37 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Goose, I have to say that I had the same experience last week on maiden of a new jet, the low voltage warning started annunciating "Warning Low Voltage 4.7V", Warning Low Voltage 4.6 V"... holy #$@!... land now!

Upon investigation we discovered that the flaps were deployed too soon (high air speed) and was drawing down the system buss though the regulator I had installed....
Needless to say I ordered a Jedi 20 AMP BEC after that, its too bad that Jedi didn't build in telemetry on the battery inputs, to rectify this I also ordered the 30A MUI ex so I can monitor the battery input.

I did run a load test on the regulator today with a digital load tester and found that with a 11A load it held line regulation within 4.5%.
In other words the output was set for 6 V, and under 11A load the output was 5.7 Volts, well within safety margins!

So bottom line is that the Telemetry help save a $10K jet!
Too bad you do not have the geometry on your flaps to have zero load when deployed.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:48 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Too bad you do not have the geometry on your flaps to have zero load when deployed.
Unfortunately there is the transition during deployment... you are correct though this would help reduce the continuous loading after deployment

This is an issue with airframes design with external flap linkages like what is used for other surfaces, if the control horn has to exit the servo hatch then it is impossible to get the servo arm rotated in line with the linkage to relieve the load.
I had the same issue with a 2M Skymaster Viper Jet, the flap with external linkages would not hold, i.e. the servo would fold back (analog servo), switched to an internal linkage, problem solved.

Last edited by RCISFUN; 05-05-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:05 PM
vertical grimmace

Also, with the telemetry on the Jeti, slaved to a function, you can have your flaps set to not deploy over a certain speed. Of course you would have to have the airspeed telemetry to do this. If I am not mistaken, this can even be set auto, to where they deploy under a certain speed, and retract over a certain speed. Pretty cool stuff!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:35 PM
gooseF22

Yep, Im going to play around with the logical switches and airspeed this summer.. it would make the flap switch more of a consent switch..
Old 05-06-2015, 08:41 AM
Jeti USA

Jeti just released more info about Central Box 400, delivery time is expected by the end of the may. Manual is finished, price is set as well.

Sold in 3 versions:
Central Box 400 ($595.00)
Central Box 400 w/2x R3/RSW

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 05-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Could we please get the manual?

what the $ with 3 R3?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Mark Vandervelden

[QUOTE=Jeti USA;12034382]Jeti just released more info about Central Box 400, delivery time is expected by the end of the may. Manual is finished, price is set as well.

Sold in 3 versions:

That's "2" versions, typo?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-07-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:56 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Mark Vandervelden;12034424]
Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Jeti just released more info about Central Box 400, delivery time is expected by the end of the may. Manual is finished, price is set as well.

Sold in 3 versions:
Central Box 400 w/3x R3/RSW

That's "2" versions, typo?
Yup, sorry my bad.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 PM
vertical grimmace

Has anyone used the air pressure telemetry sensor? I was thinking of getting one of these as a safety device for my retracts. If I get a low pressure situation, have it drop my retracts before all is lost. I have to assume that this is what this device was designed for? Is there anything else required to use this device, or can I just plug it into my RX and air pressure system? Thanks for any info.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Colin Allen

I just ordered one, for my turbo prop as a gear up landing is way more serious on those. Just want a running indication for my own comfort. That said, it is not necessary to do this with telemetry - you just need to buy a gear failsafe (eg from Tamjets, or built into an Evo or the like). This monitors the air pressure on board and drops the gear at a predefined air pressure. I have them on several models.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:47 PM
vertical grimmace

I was aware of the Robart and the Tamjets fail safes, but I was wondering if this device can take it's place? I had a Robart failsafe on order, but they back ordered it on me after taking my order. If this one will work, I would prefer to use it. If I slave my retract servo to this device on the low pressure thresh hold, to extend the gear. I am also wonder what the temp sensor aspect of this device works? Can it have a probe installed to measure engine temps? Or does that require the other temp telemetry device?
Old 05-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Colin Allen

No reason why you cant do it that way, the only thing that might (potentially) be an issue is that in the event of a more rapid loss of pressure, there would be a delay between transmission of air pressure and return of gear down signal from the transmitter which may impact the ability of the gear to go down at all. Others more knowledgeable than me could comment on whether this concern is founded, I am yet to experiment with it. Another potential advantage is that you can't use a gear failsafe with a gear sequencer built into a Powerbox (eg Cockpit SRS), which has caused me to use a separate gear sequencer, whereas you could do it with air pressure telemetry.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:08 PM
vertical grimmace

Well, if you set the low pressure threshold plenty high enough as a safety margin, it may buy you some time. Maybe like 50-60 psi? If it works, it would be great because it is so small. I am still waiting for my radio to show up, but If I get some positive feed back on this issue, I will be ordering one for sure.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Originally Posted by Jeti USA

Is this a pic of the final version ?
I've seen some older pics with a second set of 2 multiplex connectors presumably for the direct voltage out. I prefer this one here with just two battery plug sockets "in" as I cant imagen what we as Jeti users would do with plugs for "power out" It is something the JR X-Bus, Futaba or Powerpox S-Bus use, systems that I really don't see any real advantages to or like.
If this is the final version can the CB400 can still do duel voltage but now by choosing which servo sockets or bank of servo sockets can deliver a particular voltage? That setup would be ideal for a install Im doing in a large Jet as I would like to use a mix of std voltage and some high voltage servos.

Most of the other Jeti Items have been priced very competitively but at £400 or £500ish with a pair R2 Sats its a bit more expensive than I was expecting. By using two CB200,s a CB200+CB100, or even a combination of RXs could I not achieve the same results with even better aerial diversity but at a lesser cost. Of course this only shows how versatile the Jeti system is already but apart from the simple one item install with the CB400 perhaps you could boast its merits over such an install.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-07-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:35 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, if you set the low pressure threshold plenty high enough as a safety margin, it may buy you some time. Maybe like 50-60 psi? If it works, it would be great because it is so small. I am still waiting for my radio to show up, but If I get some positive feed back on this issue, I will be ordering one for sure.
I have it setup in one of my jets and it works great. Dedicated gear fail-safes are fine but if you're using a DS16, with the addition of the air pressure sensor you have gear sequencing and fail-safe without any additional equipment.

Wayne
Old 05-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Jeti USA

I was aware of the Robart and the Tamjets fail safes, but I was wondering if this device can take it's place? I had a Robart failsafe on order, but they back ordered it on me after taking my order. If this one will work, I would prefer to use it. If I slave my retract servo to this device on the low pressure thresh hold, to extend the gear. I am also wonder what the temp sensor aspect of this device works? Can it have a probe installed to measure engine temps? Or does that require the other temp telemetry device?
That's a beauty of the Jeti radio system, you do not need any sequencer any fail-safes. If you combine Logical switch with the sequencer you can program complete emergency auto-sequence. And not just that you can create condition with speed sensor that will control your turbine as well, system will lower throttle wait for the speed to decrees and will execute emergency gear drop with additional FLAPS, SPOILERS............... you name it.

Check my application in Top Flite electric B-25J, Telemetry sensors MUI 150 gives me Amp, Voltage, Capacity, MBar - Temperature and Air Pressure.

Zb/Jeti USA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0225.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	2094484   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	2094485  
Old 05-07-2015, 07:38 AM
vertical grimmace

Thanks for the info guys. That is great as you get feedback as well telling you that you are getting low on pressure.

Another question: On the central box, does it regulate the voltage down for the correct servo voltage as well? I am not running high voltage servos, and noticed the Jeti battery packs are over 7 volts. I think that might be too much.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Puttputt maru

CB200 and 100 have no voltage regulator, the CB400 coming up will.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:51 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. That is great as you get feedback as well telling you that you are getting low on pressure.

Another question: On the central box, does it regulate the voltage down for the correct servo voltage as well? I am not running high voltage servos, and noticed the Jeti battery packs are over 7 volts. I think that might be too much.
The Jeti power ion batteries are lithium ion which is almost identical voltage to lipo so they need a regulator if used with servos that are not HV. They are not like life/A123 batteries.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:42 PM
gooseF22

Vertical
Yes, we are running the pressure switch as a gear failsafe now.. it takes programming a mix with a logical switch, and it works great.. just set up a logical switch based on the sensor, and mix that with the gear switch.. then use that logical switch to the gear function.. Make it keep the gear down below X psi.. it will take a KpA conversion..

You can also have it tell you the air pressure when you put the gear down, so you know you have brakes, or something cool like that..

different topic: I have had several people ask me about using two separate regulators plugged into the CB200.. Here is the issue.. The CB200 is designed to Share battery usage by using voltage thats the highest.. so its usually pulling from one under light loads and two under heavy loads.. its sensitive to voltage, so it uses the batteries up at a rate commensurate with their capacity.. For instance you can mix a 4000 Mah and a 1000 Mah, and it will draw them down about the same percentage due to the voltage curve..

But if you were to put different types in there, it would draw down the higher one until they equal out. Thats also how it senses a battery failure.

That said, if you put two separate regulators on the inputs, the batt/reg with the slightly higher voltage, will be drawn down ALL THE WAY, until the regulated voltage is the same.. It will manifest as a disparity in mah used, but eventually, you will draw one down all the way a long time before the other.. This applies to the CB200, as well as the Spectrum Powersafe receivers.. we figured this out about a two years ago, and put out a notice , but I recently looked at a pic of an install and saw two of the 6030 voltage regulators on the inputs to a power safe Rx, so I thought I would put out a reminder to the jeti crowd not to do that..

Instead use A123, Life, or Nickles for older servos, and Lion/Lipos for HV's..

The CB400 takes care of this issue as well..

Finally, if you have a battery sharing switch, that could be used too, such as the Wolverine, or the DSM switch..

The problem is that its almost impossible to get two regulators exactly the same. It works usually ok if there is no battery sharing circuit, but not with one.. The good news is the CB200 will tell you the MAH used, so if you are watching it, and have it alarmed, you will detect a battery issue quick.

The alarm saved my old trainer last week when the low volt alarm went off, as the BEC was smoking out and dying..

dave

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-07-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:32 PM
vertical grimmace

I run A123 bats now, and was just wanting to avoid having to solder on new connectors.

Pardon my naivety, but what is a "logical" switch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.