Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 07:57 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
The target is is obvious, better telemetry data and functionality than you could ever image.
I know that but I'm waiting on the 24.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by afterburner
Has the DC-24's projected release been pushed back to the 3rd or 4th quarter? Thanks.
Realistically yes, I do not expect anything before Christmas. The DC-24 will be first, the DS-24 will follow.

We told many people get the DS-16 now, price can go only up. If the Euro goes up the price will increase, and we all know that it will. If you keep your radio is good shape you can sell it for whatever you bought it. The Receivers, Sensors, Switeches............ will stay with you.

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Jeti USA; 06-23-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Realistically yes, I do not expect anything before Christmas. The DC-24 will be first, the DS-24 will follow.

We told many people get the DS-16 now, price can go only up. If the Euro goes up the price will increase, and we all know that it will. If you keep your radio is good shape you can sell it for whatever you bought it. The Receivers, Sensors, Switeches............ will stay with you.

Zb/Jeti USA
Thanks.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by wfield0455
The 5 buttons directly under the display should be labeled Centr, Prop., Rev., Clr, Ok, while in the Select Input Control Menu. You get to the Select Input Control Menu by scrolling to a switch field and then clicking on it in menus such as Free Mix or Function Assignment, that have switches associated with them.

The Advanced Properties, Sticks/Switches Setup menu is also used to assign control functions, such elevator, rudder etc, the the appropriate control stick and also to assign trip points, where they will be considered On/Off, etc. For example, if you want to use your throttle stick being advanced above 25% to start a timer (or whatever), you would go to Sticks/Switches setup and select P3 (throttle for mode 2) and adjust the "Switch On" and "Switch Off" fields to select where you want it to turn on/off when used as a switch to control timers, etc.

Hope this helps.
Wayne
Thanks again Wayne. I do not show that 5 buttons (but NOT in the Sticks/Switches Setup menu)...I did find the 5 under "Free Mix or Function Assignments".If I explain my problem then perhaps you can help me out.

I'm using Sd (3 pos sw) to activate my Cortex gyro. I need the gyro to be OFF when the sw is selected fully away from me, then -50% in the middle position, and +50% when fully towards me. After going into Function Assignment I've managed to have OFF, then -25% and -50% using the 5 buttons.
I don't know how to change the software to give me -50% and +50% in the middle and second pos.

cheers,
Old 06-24-2015, 01:38 AM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Leon,
Go to function assignments. Then go to your 'Gyro function', select which switch activates the gyro (SD), when you select that switch, the menu underneath the LCD display gives you all of the options (centr,prop,rev etc).
Select how you want the switch to behave, ie: -100,0,+100.

Then to fine tune your gyro settings, go to the gyro, under fine tuning......
And simply put your rates in there. ie: select far left field and dial in the percentage you want. Done.
Cheers,
Mort
Old 06-24-2015, 02:57 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Thanks again Wayne. I do not show that 5 buttons (but NOT in the Sticks/Switches Setup menu)...I did find the 5 under "Free Mix or Function Assignments".If I explain my problem then perhaps you can help me out.

I'm using Sd (3 pos sw) to activate my Cortex gyro. I need the gyro to be OFF when the sw is selected fully away from me, then -50% in the middle position, and +50% when fully towards me. After going into Function Assignment I've managed to have OFF, then -25% and -50% using the 5 buttons.
I don't know how to change the software to give me -50% and +50% in the middle and second pos.

cheers,
For the gyro function all you really need is 3 unique switch positions. You can assign switch SD in Function Assignment and usiing values of 100/0/-100 should be fine.
Next go to Fine Tuning, Gyro settings, which should be available if you set "Use Gyro 1" to "Yes". In Gyro settings, select the switch position you want the gyro to be "off" and dial in a gain of 0, Next select the center switch position and dial in the desired gain (+50%), Final select the third switch position and dial in your -50% value.
If you want to be able to adgust the gain for the active switch positions, select one of the knobs in the tuning field and assign a percentage in the gyro sense field. By selecting the proper values, you can have knob p8, adjust the gain for the Cortex normal mode from 0 to assigned gain value and p7 do the same for the hold mode..
Old 06-24-2015, 03:09 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

The CB400 really does exist at last! I am now the owner of a CB400, got it yesterday, it is going in my English Electric Lightning to replace the Weatronic unit currently in there.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:46 AM
Mi-25

Thanks Mort....why didn't I think of that?...
cheers,
Old 06-24-2015, 04:48 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by wfield0455
For the gyro function all you really need is 3 unique switch positions. You can assign switch SD in Function Assignment and usiing values of 100/0/-100 should be fine.
Next go to Fine Tuning, Gyro settings, which should be available if you set "Use Gyro 1" to "Yes". In Gyro settings, select the switch position you want the gyro to be "off" and dial in a gain of 0, Next select the center switch position and dial in the desired gain (+50%), Final select the third switch position and dial in your -50% value.
If you want to be able to adgust the gain for the active switch positions, select one of the knobs in the tuning field and assign a percentage in the gyro sense field. By selecting the proper values, you can have knob p8, adjust the gain for the Cortex normal mode from 0 to assigned gain value and p7 do the same for the hold mode..
Thanks again Wayne, got it at last....
cheers,
Old 06-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Jeti USA

This so cool Central Box 400 is working in series with Central Box 100. Now we can have multiple small CB100 in the Wings or Tail and connect them with single power and signal lead, the rest of the model can be operated from CB400. Different Voltage Outputs, Redundancy, Power Consumption, Servo Pin Protections all built in one box.

With Jeti system you can mix anything with anything, you can set up different output voltages, different servo assignments and tons of other stuff directly from Transmitter. All devices are connected via EX Bus and they all do communicate wirelessly.

Zb/Esprit Model
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CB400 3xR3 Spodek MALA.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	2105490  
Old 06-24-2015, 12:43 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have just done that for real on a Paritech DG303 Glider. It is destined to have a turbine on its back in due course. Everything is clearly visible, and is easily set up in Device Explorer. Works like a charm.
John
Old 06-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I have seen it somewhere in here, does anyone know how to mix a telemetry function , i.e. airspeed , to the gyro gain channel? I think I have got it but I would like it if someone who has done it will chime in.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2015, 04:17 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Bobneal1
I know I have seen it somewhere in here, does anyone know how to mix a telemetry function , i.e. airspeed , to the gyro gain channel? I think I have got it but I would like it if someone who has done it will chime in.

Thanks
Look in the Advanced Properties, Telemetry Controls menu. Enable a control, Set type of control to proportional, set a range. Go to Gyro Settings Menu, select tuning and select the telemetry control you just defined.. I don't have a gyro so I can't say I've tried it but this is how I would start. I this sounds like what you've got then you should be on the right track. If you try it using a control, like RPM that doesn't require the airplane to be in flight to observe the behavior, you should be able to see the value in the gyro menu that is isn "()" vary as the telemetry value changes so you can debug your setup..

Hope this helps.

Wayne
Old 06-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Bobneal1

Thanks Wayne, That's about where I am now, I just need to test it out.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:21 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Bobneal1... I have my gyro gain adjusted on speed only during "cruise mode". Take off and landing have a fixed gain. It works perfect. Let me know if you are not able to achieve what you like I will post pictures of my telemetry control screen and gyro screen..

David
Old 06-29-2015, 06:53 AM
Bobneal1

David,
I have it working. When I blow into the airspeed pitot the gyro gain increases. I have gyro gain channel mixed to itself with the proportional switch but, I can not get it to decrease the gain with speed, only increase. Any tips?

Thanks,
Bob Neal
Old 06-29-2015, 07:40 AM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Crashed the first plane I used my new jeti TX in yesterday. Had new fully charged A123 battery for RX power. Flew fine for the first couple of minutes, then started getting a little twitchy. Decided to set up to land, as I knew something was wrong. In the downwind leg of approach, my plane just went into a roll, complete loss of control. After hitting the ground I got the signal loss alarm on my TX. Not too happy about this.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What was your setup? What plane? Need lots more info?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 AM
jonkoppisch

duplicate post?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:45 AM
LA jetguy

Bob... Im at work and don't have the transmitter with me (which I should ).. Jeti has a very nice Gyro menu so you don't have to mix the gyro gain channel. Once you are in the gyro menu in the left column you set the gain and in the right hand column you have "Tuning" once under the Tuning column set the MX (telemetry control switch) as the switch and toi the right the percentage of tuning you like...

Thats it...

Enjoy..
Old 06-29-2015, 08:00 AM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Crashed the first plane I used my new jeti TX in yesterday. Had new fully charged A123 battery for RX power. Flew fine for the first couple of minutes, then started getting a little twitchy. Decided to set up to land, as I knew something was wrong. In the downwind leg of approach, my plane just went into a roll, complete loss of control. After hitting the ground I got the signal loss alarm on my TX. Not too happy about this.
Vertical G.. So Sorry about your loss... give us more info and possibly the log file of that flight so we can see what happened... what setup you had CB200 or Receiver??

David..
Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

VG, sorry to read of your loss, you would get the signal loss error from the battery disconnecting when the model hit the ground.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:35 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Bobneal1
David,
I have it working. When I blow into the airspeed pitot the gyro gain increases. I have gyro gain channel mixed to itself with the proportional switch but, I can not get it to decrease the gain with speed, only increase. Any tips?

Thanks,
Bob Neal
Bob,

Select your MX controol in tuning and in the gyros sense field, select a negative value.

I don't have an airspeed sensor handy but tried it with a knob and if you watch the value in "()", the gain increases when the tuning control increases if the gyro sense is positive and the gain decreases as the tuning control increases if the gyro sense is negative..

Hope this helps
Wayne
Old 06-29-2015, 12:14 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Vertical G.. So Sorry about your loss... give us more info and possibly the log file of that flight so we can see what happened... what setup you had CB200 or Receiver??

David..
The airplane was a Sun Fli 5, Pattern plane similar to a Kaos. Had an OS .65 glow engine. I figured it would be a good test model to get a feel for the TX. I was using a 6L rx. It was the full range micro RX. a single 2600 mah A125 batt. It also had a 5th channel for retracts.

It just seemed as the flight went on, the control was becoming less and less positive. Like it was pixilated if you can imagine that. It just slowly got worse. I knew I had to get down, but did not soon enough before I lost control. The signal loss alarm was when the batt unplugged on impact.

I do not know how to check the log to find out what the event was. Never had a brand new radio fail me like this. Good thing I did not put it in one of my big scale warbirds.

Needless to say, I do not trust it, and will most like be selling. My experience has not been good over all.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:27 PM
jonkoppisch

Ouch. Did you happen to load test the battery? You mentioned it was new too. Sure sounds like the battery power was running down.

Here is a link on the JetI log file. It's down a page or two. http://file.espritmodel.com/firmware...seNotes_EN.pdf

Also, a screen shot on how to check the log file. It will tell the receiver voltage which will be helpful
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	699.5 KB
ID:	2106392  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.