Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 04:53 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Okay Update: So I reset my radio/CB200/R3's, I hooked up the CB200 straight to the servo. It works correctly/smooth and no jitter/flutter in the movement or just sitting still. Now to let you know what wire I am using for my extension is the power box premium servo wire from DreamWorks (the red/white/blue wire). I made up an extension to the size that I have in the jet and what do you know it start to jitter just a little when turning left to right. So the next step was to hook it back up to the same extension in the jet, well it was worse just like it was in the videos. Now I wouldnt think that it would be bad wire but I know my ends are good on the wire. the extension is about 4.5 to 5 feet long. I wouldn't think that I would have issue with that. So now I will make another extension using a different brand and see what happens. If it fixes it then Man this sticks because now I have to take out the turbine/thrust tube/and maybe a few other things to get the wire run. I just don't understand because in the Elv. I have the same wire and same length to my JR8911HV's and I don't get that issue. I have another MKS 777 coming so next week I will be able to pin point it to the brand of wire or the servo just doesn't like that long extension on that brand of wire. does this sound crazy to anyone or is there something to this????
I've helped a couple of people track down this type of issue with MKS servos and in each case it was solved by replacing the servo lead. Apparently MKS servos are SUPER sensitive to any sort of noise on the signal wire. Hitec had a similar type of issue when they first introduced their 7950 servos but rather than vibrating as you are seeing with the MKS, they would periodically jump to their extreme travel. They decided that the problem was that certain receivers (most) put out a very low signal level and if there is the slightest bit of noise getting to the servo on the power line, it couldn't accurately tell the difference between the noise and a valid signal and as a result it would follow the noise. Hitec solved the problem by releasing a "buffer board". Basically you plugged the buffer card into your receiver and your servo lead into the buffer board. The buffer board filtered the power supply and I believe also put out a higher voltage signal level allowing the servo to see clean power / signal. This board completely eliminated the jumping issue with the Hitec 7950s and I suspect it would take care of the problem you're seeing with the MKS as well. I suspect this problem will only occur when the servos are on a long servo extension..

If I was having this problem, I would pick up one of these and install it between the CB200 and the servo lead to see if the problem goes away; http://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum...-booster-spmcp

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-15-2016 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:30 AM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I've helped a couple of people track down this type of issue with MKS servos and in each case it was solved by replacing the servo lead. Apparently MKS servos are SUPER sensitive to any sort of noise on the signal wire. Hitec had a similar type of issue when they first introduced their 7950 servos but rather than vibrating as you are seeing with the MKS, they would periodically jump to their extreme travel. They decided that the problem was that certain receivers (most) put out a very low signal level and if there is the slightest bit of noise getting to the servo on the power line, it couldn't accurately tell the difference between the noise and a valid signal and as a result it would follow the noise. Hitec solved the problem by releasing a "buffer board". Basically you plugged the buffer card into your receiver and your servo lead into the buffer board. The buffer board filtered the power supply and I believe also put out a higher voltage signal level allowing the servo to see clean power / signal. This board completely eliminated the jumping issue with the Hitec 7950s and I suspect it would take care of the problem you're seeing with the MKS as well. I suspect this problem will only occur when the servos are on a long servo extension..

If I was having this problem, I would pick up one of these and install it between the CB200 and the servo lead to see if the problem goes away; http://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum...-booster-spmcp

Thanks Wayne. I will try that. The only issue is; wouldn't it do it on the 12 channel receiver too? I would think that the signal and power coming out of the 12 channel and the CB200 would be the same. I will get one and test it out. I hope this works.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:00 PM
wfield0455

Thanks Wayne. I will try that. The only issue is; wouldn't it do it on the 12 channel receiver too? I would think that the signal and power coming out of the 12 channel and the CB200 would be the same. I will get one and test it out. I hope this works.
You would think both receivers would cause this same issue but perhaps simply moving the rudder servo extension to the R12 which is in a slightly different position moves the cable a bit further away from some source of electrical noise but that is just a wild guess.

I dug out my oscilloscope and compared the output from my spare CB200 and a spare R7 REX that I had on the bench and the signals from both are 3.4V and look identical so nothing obvious to explain why it works with your R12 and not the CB200.

After that I tried to reproduce the problem by connecting an MKs777 to my CB200 using a 6' extension but it worked fine with both of the MKS777s that I could easily get my hands on. Since I have a couple of those signal amplifiers on hand I figured if I could reproduce the problem I could see if the signal amplifier solved it but I couldn't reproduce it.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:42 PM
JoeJr1485

You would think both receivers would cause this same issue but perhaps simply moving the rudder servo extension to the R12 which is in a slightly different position moves the cable a bit further away from some source of electrical noise but that is just a wild guess.

I dug out my oscilloscope and compared the output from my spare CB200 and a spare R7 REX that I had on the bench and the signals from both are 3.4V and look identical so nothing obvious to explain why it works with your R12 and not the CB200.

After that I tried to reproduce the problem by connecting an MKs777 to my CB200 using a 6' extension but it worked fine with both of the MKS777s that I could easily get my hands on. Since I have a couple of those signal amplifiers on hand I figured if I could reproduce the problem I could see if the signal amplifier solved it but I couldn't reproduce it.

Thanks Wayne for trying to help me figure this out. I am going to try and get the sig booster today and see what happens. I am also going to use my different servo wire to make another extension. Once my new servo comes in I will try it as well. I am also going to put new connectors on the wire that is in the jet right now. if all fails then I will just get another JR and put it in there.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:43 PM
wfield0455

Thanks Wayne for trying to help me figure this out. I am going to try and get the sig booster today and see what happens. I am also going to use my different servo wire to make another extension. Once my new servo comes in I will try it as well. I am also going to put new connectors on the wire that is in the jet right now. if all fails then I will just get another JR and put it in there.
Between all those things I'm pretty sure you will get it taken care of. Just change one thing at a time so that once you get it sorted out you'll know exactly what it was.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:41 PM
JoeJr1485

Between all those things I'm pretty sure you will get it taken care of. Just change one thing at a time so that once you get it sorted out you'll know exactly what it was.

Here is a quote RCgroups to me:

Originally Posted by ltc Since the CB200 does it but a normal Jeti RX dies not, in would ask Zb for a replacement unit to try
BTW, are you running the external Rx(s) via Ex bus?
Do you have an inline servo current meter? I'm curious if there is something about these particular servos that is different from the others that you could easily measure
I doubt it is the port output current limiters causing this but again a new CB200 should confirm it

So I got it from Esprit Models so would I ask them for one or Zb? I have it setup using the 3 3R/SW EXBus, FS disabled in both of the RX's, auto on them for rates. the CB is set to 17ms I have tried all of them. I went and got a Spektrum Signal Line Voltage Booster which made the servo go CRAZY!!!!!! Left and Right like it was going to start flying. took it off. I made up a new servo extension wire from JR twisted and it did the same thing. I hooked up my extension wire that was on one of my JR8911's to the MKS 777 and it did it. Since this I am pretty sure that the servo maybe bad. But not sure it may be the CB200. I will have a new 777 in next week so I will try that one. I got the 777 from Esprit models too. I know that the servo has a warranty so I will call MSKUSA to see if they can send me a new one or fix this one. Yes I know its crazy that on a reg 12 channel Jeti receiver it doesn't do it all on any of the wire extension that I have. The guys at the hobby shop fill and believe that the CB200 is getting ALOT of interface some how. Not sure how. Is there a warranty on the CB200? I have to find out I hope Zb will chime in and let me know what I can do about this one.

Edit: So I just took out all my MKS servos and connected them to the same two wire (rudder/EL wire) and all of them are doing it. I took the Extension that I made up the PowerBox Prem wire and the JR wire made up the same length and what do you know... the same thing. So it is hard to believe that 3 MKS 777's and 1 MKS 1220 is doing the same thing. so now I am sure that its not the wire either and I am sure that the servos are just fine. They fine on the other wires made; MKS 777s to the flaps extensions= about 3 feet and the 1220 is about 10 inches. I don't think that an extra foot and half is going to make the servos do that. I'm going call Esprit for a replacement to test out. If others are not having issue with them and running the same setup I find it hard to believe that my servos are bad. Zb why does the servos work perfect on the 12 Channel Jeti receiver but not the CB200???? I need a replacement please.

Last edited by JoeJr1485; 04-15-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:45 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys

Has anyone any experience of older Jeti R-Sats?
I have just acquired two of these older R-Sats dated 2010 but just cant get them to bind with my DS14 or DS16 Tx or be recognised by my computer
They are slightly smaller (shorter) than the more recant R-Sats im used to and there lead is not the plug in type but are hard wired.
Could it be that my TXs are just to newer a software version to see them.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13052660_1077703685604212_133207471_o.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	2157582  
Old 04-16-2016, 12:41 PM
Jeti USA

Try updating firmware to 3.24

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 04-17-2016, 12:30 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
A quick note for all of the Jet Central users utilizing the new Jet Central SE electronics, Juan from Jet Central just posted a video demo using the new Jet Central Telemetry interface working with the Jeti radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPOwS4sRuxQ
This is great! Please let us know when the adapter is available.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Try updating firmware to 3.24

Zb/Jeti USA

Thanks Zb but I had already tried v3.25 then v3.24 without success. but you comment confirmed I was on the right track.
Taking the premise further by trying v3.06 this morning it seemed to "wake"them up and finally my computer "found" them.
I have now been able to update to the latest software, good to know that even the earliest Jeti hardware can be bought up to date
I am going to use these two older Sats with a CB 100 I bought for use in a small jet that needs just 6ch.
Not sure what to do with the hard-wired PPM leads now, just tuck them out the way as there kinda redundant?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 04-17-2016 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:51 AM
Jeti USA

This is what I like about Jeti, all parts, all receivers, whole system is backward compatible. All parts can be continuously used.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 04-19-2016, 02:01 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this topic has been discussed here but this thread has become too large to look for it
I have 2 - two channel receivers in double pad connected to a PowerBox, everything is working well but;
What are my options to add turbine telemetry?
Thanks
Old 04-19-2016, 02:05 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by jetmon
I know this topic has been discussed here but this thread has become too large to look for it
I have 2 - two channel receivers in double pad connected to a PowerBox, everything is working well but;
What are my options to add turbine telemetry?
Thanks
If the Ext ports on your receiver are free and you have a Jeti compatible ECU telemetry interface for your turbine, simply connect it to the EXT port of one of the receivers. If they're configured for dual path, you should be able to get telemetry from each receiver.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:49 PM
jetmon

Hello Wayne
Thats the thing, I´m using the EXT ports to connect to the PowerBox SRS as S-Bus, is there an other way to do it?
Old 04-19-2016, 02:59 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Jetmon

configure the receivers to "UDI out" instead of "EX Bus"! This will free up the ext port, because UDI will either be available at the SAT port or port 3 (depending on the type of receiver you use). Then configure the Powerbox SRS to accept either "UDI in" or "Multiplex M-Link in" (which are actually the same) depending on the software version of your Powerbox.

Thomas

Originally Posted by jetmon
Hello Wayne
Thats the thing, I´m using the EXT ports to connect to the PowerBox SRS as S-Bus, is there an other way to do it?
Old 04-20-2016, 05:35 AM
jetmon

Thanks Thomas
That´s what I need
Old 04-21-2016, 12:47 AM
madmodelman

Default Mixing issue

Hi Guys, need a bit of help please.
DS16/CB200/Rsat2's in Xcalibur+ (twin boom)
I have a mix of flap to rudders to bring them in to act as air brakes for short field operation.
Also a mix of rudders to steering.
When I select full flap the rudder throws are cut down to avoid binding resulting in reduced throw on the steering servo which can be a pain in x winds on landing.
I know there must be a simple work round to cure this but cannot find it.
I've tried getting rid of the rudder/steering mix but then I can't stop the steering operating when retracted, would a steering to steering mix do the trick?
Going round in circles here!
Thanks,
Gary.

Name:	jsm-xacalibur-raf-400.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2158317  
Old 04-21-2016, 01:02 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Gary, delete the rudder to steering mix. Create a new function called steering and assign it to the rudder stick (a stick can have more than one function, it can be rudder function and steering function at the same time), then re-assign your nosewheel servo to the new steering function. That way the steering has nothing to do with the rudders, and it can have expo and rates etc all to itself. To disable the servo when wheels are up, use the steering function dual rate to a rate of 0% assigned to the retract switch.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:12 AM
madmodelman

Thanks Harry, I'll try that now, it's the last bit that's the key I missed!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:25 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by madmodelman
Hi Guys, need a bit of help please.
DS16/CB200/Rsat2's in Xcalibur+ (twin boom)
I have a mix of flap to rudders to bring them in to act as air brakes for short field operation.
Also a mix of rudders to steering.
When I select full flap the rudder throws are cut down to avoid binding resulting in reduced throw on the steering servo which can be a pain in x winds on landing.
I know there must be a simple work round to cure this but cannot find it.
I've tried getting rid of the rudder/steering mix but then I can't stop the steering operating when retracted, would a steering to steering mix do the trick?
Going round in circles here!
Thanks,
Gary.
First, HarryC's suggestion to use the seteering function and dual rates controlled by the gear switch to disable steering when gear is retracted is a good one. That is how I do my nose wheel steer as well and it works great.

Second, if a mix is causing a control surface to bind, rather than reducing the mix value, use max positive limit and max negative limit to set to prevent the control surface from ever binding and and then set max positive and max negative to provide the max desired control surface travel.
In other words, if your control surface will travel 2" before binding but you only want 1.5" of travel, set max positive/max negative and max positive limit / max negative limits to their largest values and then reduce max positive limit/max negative limit until you get only 2" of travel and no binding. Once that is done, then reduce max positive/max negative until you get 1.5" of travel. This is of course all done with dual rates set to 100%. Once this is done, you will normally get your desired 1.5" of travel but no matter what mix values you add, the control surface will never go beyond the 2" limit at which binding occurs. Since you didn't need to reduce mix values, or rates to prevent binding, the mix slave operation remains the same.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:27 AM
madmodelman

Glad you came to Jeti, you're a star, works a treat! I'd actually tried that but overlooked the zero rate!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:30 AM
madmodelman

Thanks Wayne, all noted.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:53 PM
lxfly

In addition to the suggested answers:
I'm using 3 flight phases for flying, starting and landing so I'm free to manipulate all throws, dual rates, expo etc. for all separate phase. I use and additional switch for retract gear that also blocks my steering when retracted. And I have separate trims for all flight phase.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:45 AM
madmodelman

Thanks, I'm well aware of that, I use flight modes, the complication was in the rudders.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Mi-25

Folks - I'm trying to update the firmware on my R7 PLUS receivers. I downloaded the file from Espritmodel here: released APR 2016..

And after I connect my Rx I get these error messages;

Can anyone (ZB?) help me please - I've successfully updated my CB200's, Tx, and Rsat's...no problem...perhaps there's something wrong with the firmware?

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 10.41.51.png
Views:	723
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	2158730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 10.53.48.png
Views:	817
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	2158731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 10.54.10.png
Views:	777
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	2158732  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.