Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 10:53 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tucson
Wayne,
I am using a switch on the transmitter to turn the engine on and off. The switch actually turns the throttle trim on and off. So I could not use that switch to reset the fuel counter.
Stan
Stan,

Whether or not you can use a transmitter switch to reset a telemetry value depends on whether or not that device is supported in Device Explorer. In the case of the Mflow fuel sensor, I've never seen one in person so I don't know if it's supported in Device Explorer or not. For example, the Central Box 200 is supported in device explorer and if you select it one of the options is to reset telemetry values. This option also allows you to assign a switch to that function so you can simply flip the assigned switch to reset the rx battery current / capacity values internal to the central box 200. If the Mflow actually shows up in the device explorer the way the CB200 does, it may well allow you to assign a switch to reset the Mflow values. The turbine run/stop switch probably wouldn't be a good switch choice for this type of operation if you are using a taxi tank since flipping that switch to reset your starting fuel value would also involve either staring or stopping the turbine which you wouldn't want to do after disconnecting your taxi tank.

If you used an MUI to monitor current / voltage to the fuel pump and estimate fuel usage then since I don't think the MUI shows up in device explorer I don't think you will be able to reset it directly using a transmitter switch. Still, since the MUI resets each time it is power cycled so any sort of switch that actually kills power to the MUI, allowing you to power cycle it after the taxi tank is disconnected would work ok.

Sorry for rambling and hope this makes sense..

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-31-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:32 AM
Reever45
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just switched over to the Jeti DS-16, and i have a CB200 setup. I have a Xicoy telemetry adapter, I have it hooked up to a Jet Central power pack,and it works fine i can see the 6 turbine telemetry options in sensors menu. But i wanted to have the info as seen on the gsu also, i have chosen to display the jetibox under displayed telemetry and it shows and option of jetibox 1 or 2. Anyways i can see the CB200 when looking at the radio screen but not seeing the main screen of gsu, any ideas?

Thanks

I should say I can find the CB200 when looking thru the Jetibox display on the TX , but not the turbine info

Last edited by Reever45; 04-01-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Mi-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

??

Last edited by Mi-25; 04-01-2016 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Posted in error
Old 04-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by Reever45
I just switched over to the Jeti DS-16, and i have a CB200 setup. I have a Xicoy telemetry adapter, I have it hooked up to a Jet Central power pack,and it works fine i can see the 6 turbine telemetry options in sensors menu. But i wanted to have the info as seen on the gsu also, i have chosen to display the jetibox under displayed telemetry and it shows and option of jetibox 1 or 2. Anyways i can see the CB200 when looking at the radio screen but not seeing the main screen of gsu, any ideas?

Thanks

I should say I can find the CB200 when looking thru the Jetibox display on the TX , but not the turbine info
Hi, agreed, it's not very intuitive to find the Xicoy telemetry of the GSU on the Tx...here are the steps I use...I've included screenshots 1-7 to help you.

1) Main screen Pg1...
[ATTACH]2155477[/IMG]

2) Use the right Arrow button to scroll until you see this page (my page 3);
[ATTACH]2155478[/IMG]

3) Press ESC to expand the arrow button selection at the bottom of the page;
[ATTACH]2155479[/IMG]

4) Press Right Arrow twice to show the Mx screen options;
[ATTACH]2155480[/IMG]

5) Press Down once;
[ATTACH]2155481[/IMG]

6) Press Right TWICE and you should see the GSU data screen;
[ATTACH]2155482[/IMG]

7) Press ESC to return the page menu to only Left/Right arrows and now you can scroll left/right through the pages, page 1 shown;
[ATTACH]2155477[/IMG]

Switch Tx ON, Model On and remember that this Xicoy GSU function is only available after about 40s after power up...notice the green blinking LED light on the Xicoy device.

Hope this helps,
If anyone knows a better/shorter method please let me know...
cheers,

Meant to mention that I have the GSU displayed on pg 3 (my choice)...you can move it around under 'displayed telemetry'...to any page...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Screen000.bmp (225.1 KB, 74 views)
Screen001.bmp (225.1 KB, 48 views)
Screen002.bmp (225.1 KB, 38 views)
Screen003.bmp (225.1 KB, 34 views)
Screen004.bmp (225.1 KB, 55 views)
Screen005.bmp (225.1 KB, 42 views)
Screen006.bmp (225.1 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Mi-25; 04-01-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:15 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Reever45

Thanks

I do some things a bit different from Mi25 and I think the exact process varies a bit depending on what you have installed in the system. To be honest, while I can always get to the main GSU screen from the Jetibox application, the response is slow enough that it is pretty difficult to use so I simply don't. If I'm having issues where I feel I really need the GSU instead of simply looking at RPM, EGT, PUMP, etc then I actually connect the GSU. I made sure to place the adapter where I could get at it easily enough to connect the GSU if needed.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:02 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I do some things a bit different from Mi25 and I think the exact process varies a bit depending on what you have installed in the system. To be honest, while I can always get to the main GSU screen from the Jetibox application, the response is slow enough that it is pretty difficult to use so I simply don't. If I'm having issues where I feel I really need the GSU instead of simply looking at RPM, EGT, PUMP, etc then I actually connect the GSU. I made sure to place the adapter where I could get at it easily enough to connect the GSU if needed.
Agreed Wayne - absolutely - all about personal preference. I display Fuel % and Pump voltage on pg1, and then RPM and EGT pg2 etc....I only use the GSU feature during start....

All the best...
Cheers
Old 04-03-2016, 05:52 AM
Reever45
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the help
Old 04-04-2016, 08:59 AM
ravewithmein

Default MFlow Turbine EX

I need some help,

I have MFlow Turbine EX, I need to find out where I have to install it!!!.

Can I install it before the air trap tank ? or I need to install it after or before the pump, if so am not going to have air problems with Mflow?

can I mount it vertical?

I really don't want to have flame out problems !!!

Thank you

Al
Old 04-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by tucson
I am using the ECU Protocol Data Converter JJXC-EX in my Avanti works great (JC 140). I started a Carf Viper and am looking for something different.
The only problem I have is if I use a Taxi tank the unit starts counting as soon as the turbine starts, so it's not a true amount of usage as the main tank is full when the taxi tank is removed. Is there a way to put the counter on a switch so I can start the count when I remove the taxi tank?

Thanks,
Stan
Tucson unfortunetly this is still one caveat with the use of the Mflow, no reset menu with a switch and it is not supported by the Device Explorer but only with the JetiBox.

The fastest way to reset it is by creating a shortcut of the JetiBox under Display Telemetry that will appear in one of your main menu page that way you can access the MFlow menu faster, one or two clicks and you get auto reset for the MFlow after unplugging the taxi tank and before take off.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by ravewithmein
I need some help,

I have MFlow Turbine EX, I need to find out where I have to install it!!!.

Can I install it before the air trap tank ? or I need to install it after or before the pump, if so am not going to have air problems with Mflow?

can I mount it vertical?

I really don't want to have flame out problems !!!

Thank you

Al
A lot of turbine now have the feature with Xicoy or others that will give you the fuel flow. I have a 2 Behotec and I had to use the MFlow for them but not anymore since VSpeak offer it now. But if you need still an MFlow:

From GooseF22, Mine was installed that way too.

I would not install anything before the fuel pump.. only after..
the pressure drop during suction across any meter could cause bubbling in the turbine fuel line..
I even install my fuel filters after the pump... I filter the fuel also as it goes into the jet..

I don't want anything to cause the release of pressure bubbles or suck air.. crashed my first jet that way..

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 04-04-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:38 AM
ravewithmein

Thank you for your reply, I will do it exact same way you have done it, but does it matter if you install it vertical or horizontal?

Thank you

Al
Old 04-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by ravewithmein
Thank you for your reply, I will do it exact same way you have done it, but does it matter if you install it vertical or horizontal?

Thank you

Al
A tough one to answer since I have never seen it done. The Jeti instructions for the MFlow specify to put it horizontal.
My initial feeling would have been that it does not matter since airplanes do fly in all orientation, so in flight it would not make sense to have a sensor that needs to be horizontal, but some sensors are susceptible to orientation to initialize properly, this might be the case.

Send an email to Jeti to make sure but if and when in doubt I would not take the chance especially on a jet.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:36 AM
lonestoner

Hey all,
lifelong futaba user here , today I'm going to purchase my first jeti magnetic switch for a new project that is almost complete.
im liking the the dual power feeds for a backup battery.
The jeti dps 40
Old 04-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Puttputt maru

That is the one I use on my helicopters with the optipower ultraguard as my backup, working great.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:21 AM
lonestoner

Was needing to up my game as I grow my size aircraft,
The switch will be going in my ultra sport 1000 , then next up will be gas,
Old 04-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Mi-25

Folks, I ran into an unusual problem the other day - need some experienced help please;

I'm using a DS-16, CB200 and 2x Rsat2's running in "Double Path". I use the Xicoy turbine telemetry and the MSpeed Mx devices.

After all the necessary ground runs and checks (range check included) I took off, and immediately I lost the Airspeed indication on my Tx..(as well as my helpers Profi Box)...both dropped to Zero indication. Once the jet was pointing in my direction the speed returned but it was really wrong and erroneous. During hi-speed flight it was indicating about 80kmph..(way wrong cause the jet was faster than 200kmph).
Anyways the speed reading returned and disappeared constantly throughout the flight...didn't work correctly even on final approach. After landing I checked to pitot action by connecting a pipe blowing softly into it...bingo...the MSpeed seemed to work fine.
During the following two flights the MSpeed was erroneous/inaccurate or didn't work at all.
I checked the log files and noticed that the speed graph indicates and then drops to zero indicating that there was no telemetry coming from the plane (I think anyway).
The antenna Q's indicated a range varying from nearly 100% to as low as 30%. When one was 30% the other was higher at around 75-80%.

Can anyone give me ANY idea why this happened? I have used the same setup on two other planes with NO PROBLEMS...

thanks...
Old 04-09-2016, 08:38 AM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mi-25
How have you got the devices connected? Directly into Rsat EXT Ports or CB200 EXT Port or through an Expander?
Locate which Rsat was falling to 30% and relocate it to a better position in the aircraft. At low signal strength the telemetry is also affected, it may be possible that although it was reading low it wasnt reading in real time or close to real time.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Jgwright

I had a similar problem that was caused by the Rx battery sagging under load. It was not enough to affect the receiver but stopped the display on the Profi box.

It would be worth checking the data in the FCL and see what voltage the battery was dropping to.

john
Old 04-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by philjac94
Mi-25
How have you got the devices connected? Directly into Rsat EXT Ports or CB200 EXT Port or through an Expander?
Locate which Rsat was falling to 30% and relocate it to a better position in the aircraft. At low signal strength the telemetry is also affected, it may be possible that although it was reading low it wasnt reading in real time or close to real time.
Hi Phil, appreciate your reply:
into the CB200 = Rsat2's into Rx1 and Rx2, Xicoy into Ext1, and the MSpeed into channel 15/Ext2....alternative ports set to Ext/telemetry. I take your point about the positioning of the Rsat2 antenna's....I've used them previously in two other jets with no problems.

I use a Powerbox Baselog...so voltage regulated at 5.9V into CB200....2x batteries.

General Q:
Each Rsat2 has 2 antennae. Does anyone know...when we read Q and Q2 on the Tx...(antenna strengths)....I assume we are reading the AVERAGE Q for EACH Rsat2?....keeping in mind that when we view the datalog file....we only "see" 2 antennas....but in reality I have 4!

Last edited by Mi-25; 04-09-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by Jgwright
I had a similar problem that was caused by the Rx battery sagging under load. It was not enough to affect the receiver but stopped the display on the Profi box.

It would be worth checking the data in the FCL and see what voltage the battery was dropping to.

john
Thanks John - great info - by FCL do you mean the flights Logfile?

Also, I've checked the voltage and amps during the flights - nothing out of the ordinary it seems...

Last edited by Mi-25; 04-09-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:14 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Folks, I ran into an unusual problem the other day - need some experienced help please;

I'm using a DS-16, CB200 and 2x Rsat2's running in "Double Path". I use the Xicoy turbine telemetry and the MSpeed Mx devices.

After all the necessary ground runs and checks (range check included) I took off, and immediately I lost the Airspeed indication on my Tx..(as well as my helpers Profi Box)...both dropped to Zero indication. Once the jet was pointing in my direction the speed returned but it was really wrong and erroneous. During hi-speed flight it was indicating about 80kmph..(way wrong cause the jet was faster than 200kmph).
Anyways the speed reading returned and disappeared constantly throughout the flight...didn't work correctly even on final approach. After landing I checked to pitot action by connecting a pipe blowing softly into it...bingo...the MSpeed seemed to work fine.
During the following two flights the MSpeed was erroneous/inaccurate or didn't work at all.
I checked the log files and noticed that the speed graph indicates and then drops to zero indicating that there was no telemetry coming from the plane (I think anyway).
The antenna Q's indicated a range varying from nearly 100% to as low as 30%. When one was 30% the other was higher at around 75-80%.

Can anyone give me ANY idea why this happened? I have used the same setup on two other planes with NO PROBLEMS...

thanks...
This really sounds like a defective MSPEED to me. If any telemetry information is being displayed and updated properly (A1,A2, Rx Voltage, Q, etc) the problem is not related to signal quality or the telemetry link. Since the MSPEED sends Velocity data to the transmitter and the transmitter simply displays it, wildly inaccurate MSPEED data most likely indicates a defective MSPEED.

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-10-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:15 AM
Puttputt maru

General Q:
Each Rsat2 has 2 antennae. Does anyone know...when we read Q and Q2 on the Tx...(antenna strengths)....I assume we are reading the AVERAGE Q for EACH Rsat2?....keeping in mind that when we view the datalog file....we only "see" 2 antennas....but in reality I have 4!
In the telemetry display menu increase the size of you display to double and you will see all 4 antennas
Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 AM
Mi-25

That's great info - what about the Logfile for Q and Q2 signal strength - any way to see all 4 antennas?

Many thanks...
Old 04-10-2016, 07:38 AM
Puttputt maru

That's great info - what about the Logfile for Q and Q2 signal strength - any way to see all 4 antennas?

Many thanks...
Not that I am aware of.

But in my opinion,Q being the signal packets, it is actually not relevant to the antenna but to the Rx itself decoding "x" number of packets, so I think you would only get one reading per Rx. But I could be wrong.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Mi-25

Nope - looks like your absolutely correct...
Check out the screenshot below...this screen displays whenever I disconnect only (1 of) the Rsat2's...all 4 antennas indicate zero. The model still functions normally using the connected Rx.
If I reconnect and then disconnect the other Rx same thing. I am using Double Path. It's strange that the "Active" Rx antennas are not displayed?

[ATTACH]2156786[/IMG]
Attached Images
Only ONE Rx disconnected.bmp (9.4 KB, 49 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.