Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 06:08 PM
cartune
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many useable channels will I have with a rex7 assist hooked to a cb200? Thanks
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

I have successfully installed the Jeti Mspeed sensor on my 1/5 F-16. It works great and when selected on my DS-24 it gives me speed callouts to help make consistent approaches. My desire is just to have the speed number called. I achieved this by removing the "speed" and "mph" voice files from the Voice folder.

However, the Mspeed call out is made with a "point" for the decimal. So 85.5 mph is called out as "eighty five point five". I do not want or need the decimal call. Is there any way to remove the "point five" and just get the call with whole numbers?
I can not find any menu choice to tailor the Speed calls. Some on suggested a LUA app but I have no clue how that works.

Has anyone any idea how to make the speed call outs just whole numbers?
Thanks, Gary

Old 04-23-2018, 02:12 AM
Victory Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnipes
I have heard of someone having condensation on the inside of their screen but not “bubbles”. JS

I never had any condensation but there is one bubble under the screen that I am hoping goes away.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:05 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by cartune
How many useable channels will I have with a rex7 assist hooked to a cb200? Thanks
15 channels......2 of which Chan 14&15 could also be uses for telemetry....instead of servos giving you a total of 3 Telemetry channels.....or uses 15 for servos and connect a 2 or 4 port Telemetry expander in the EXT Port.....for up to 4 telemetry ports
Old 04-23-2018, 04:23 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
15 channels......2 of which Chan 14&15 could also be uses for telemetry....instead of servos giving you a total of 3 Telemetry channels.....or uses 15 for servos and connect a 2 or 4 port Telemetry expander in the EXT Port.....for up to 4 telemetry ports
how do you get 15 channels from a 7 channel receiver? or do you mean you have 7 channels on the receiver from which you can choose any of the 15 to use?
Old 04-23-2018, 04:26 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by warbird_1
how do you get 15 channels from a 7 channel receiver? or do you mean you have 7 channels on the receiver from which you can choose any of the 15 to use?
He asked connected to the CB200 which has 15 servo port, 1 ext (telemetry) 2 RX Ports and 1 Switch port so with EXBUS he can in fact you can get 24 channels......even on the DC/DS-16, you can also used the CB400 for more servo ports
Old 04-23-2018, 04:33 AM
warbird_1

He asked connected to the CB200 which has 15 servo port, 1 ext (telemetry) 2 RX Ports and 1 Switch port so with EXBUS he can in fact you can get 24 channels......even on the DC/DS-16, you can also used the CB400 for more servo ports
dan, i get that but i don't understand how you can get more than 7 channels from a 7 channel receiver. Sorry but i'm a newbie to jeti . WB_1
Old 04-23-2018, 04:37 AM
warbird_1

or do you mean 7 functions in which you can assign Multiple servos to any function up to 15 servos?
Old 04-23-2018, 04:52 AM
Dansy

On ExBus you always have at least 16 channels Fully proportional, and if you select this under the wireless screen you can get 24 channels to answer the other question all channels are fully proportional.

ADDED The only restriction on how many channels you have on a giving receiver is the number of ports, the signal is always 16 channels minimum....so by connecting that on a distribution box (CB's) you can use the full channels.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Screen000.bmp (225.1 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Dansy; 04-23-2018 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:56 AM
Dansy

that 16 or 24 channels that work as well with a simple R3 the reason most used to used 2 r3 and 1 more r3 as the switch....for the CB200/400 or any additional Jeti Switch (if it has a magnet switch it can be control by a R3)

One different thing about Jeti is......you can actually control proportionally ALL Servo's meaning all channel with a single stick or switch (of course thats not practical but demonstrate the flexibility of the system)
Old 04-23-2018, 05:25 AM
cartune

dan, i get that but i don't understand how you can get more than 7 channels from a 7 channel receiver. Sorry but i'm a newbie to jeti . WB_1
we can get all the channels because were using EXBUS. it is like running a r3 receiver using udi going into a mercury powerbox you can get 13 or so useable channels. that amount of channels is limited by the mercury. I was just asking because I'm new to the assist receiver.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:32 AM
cartune

thanks Dan
Old 04-23-2018, 07:37 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by cartune
we can get all the channels because were using EXBUS. it is like running a r3 receiver using udi going into a mercury powerbox you can get 13 or so useable channels. that amount of channels is limited by the mercury. I was just asking because I'm new to the assist receiver.
Yes your correct, while I only run JETI now days, so I don’t have those restriction.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Warbird, here is how I understand it:

Your Jeti transmitter (DS/C-24 and 16) can output UPTO 24 channels. This gets sent via radio waves to a Jeti receiver and it has a proprietary designation called "Ex-bus". PPM, and other designations, can be shared with non Jeti receivers like powerboxes, etc...But lets stick to Jeti, because my knowledge of PPM has just been exhausted!

Now, your 7 channel rx you have in your hand, can only out put 7 channels if you are using that receiver to plug in your servos for your airplane. As far as how much telemetry, input, output, I'm still learning, but you can have as many telemetry outputs as you like (40 is the max?) as you can daisy chain different telemetry output thing-a-ma-bobbles (that's an official term by the way, kidding, its sarcasm) together.

Here is where "Ex-bus" can really shine. Remember, "EX-bus" is just a fancy word made up by Jeti to call their radio wave that is transmitting, UPTO 24, channels, if you want.

Your 7 channel rx (and yes, just about ANY jeti rx) can pick this "EX-bus" signal and pass it along to another rx (these are usually the CB200 or the CB400) and now these rx's can output MORE channels than the rx you are using to pick up the "EX-bus" signal!

Since a small RX (ie the Ex R3 which is a small 3 channel rx) can pick up the "EX-bus" signal put out by your Jeti Tx just as good and efficiently as a bigger Rx, (not to mention the smaller Rx is cheaper) then it makes more sense to use a smaller Rx, CONNECTED, to something like a CB200 or CB400, to take advantage of the 24 channels! Specifically, the CB200 can only output 15 channels, while the CB400 can output the full 24 channels capable by the DS/C-24&16.

What is great about Jeti, is that the Tx, can output (in PARALLEL) an "EX-bus" signal and can talk to upto 3, yes 3 (two 2.4 Ghz Rx's and one 900 MgHz as a back up), at a time if needed! (In all fairness, "at the same time" maybe incorrect information, its probably more like separated by milli/micro-seconds, REALLY fast though, faster than eye blinks or the time it takes you to think something and have your finger move)

You could just hook up your one 7 channel Rx into a CB400 and get all 24 channels, but then you would be missing out on the redundant safety transmission capabilities of the Jeti system! And for the price (both monetary, weight and spatial arrangement) of another small 3 channel Rx, you can have both redundancy in transmission and reception, but also, you can take advantage of having another Rx, placed in a WHOLE, different way, to take advantage of spatial reception redundancy!

Well, that's how I understand it anyways. And I'm a FNG with Jeti too.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Dansy

I guess my explanation want good enough LOL
Old 04-23-2018, 03:38 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnipes
Goose, best videos I've seen yet for FM's and Flaps using butterfly. Thanks for posting! JS
Dave,

Ditto with JS. Many thanks for the video. It was the breakthrough for me understanding the check marks. I read your early post on the DS-16 thread and the one above and never understood about the check marks till I saw your video. Thanks again.

Now Im trying to understand LOGMAX but I can't find it anywhere and don't know what it does. Is I possible for you to do a short video about how to use it to control the butterfly settings for flaps in jet? I know there are several of us Jeti jet guys here in SC that would really appreciate your showing us how it works.

Thanks, Gary
Old 04-23-2018, 05:02 PM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by ravill
Warbird, here is how I understand it:

Your Jeti transmitter (DS/C-24 and 16) can output UPTO 24 channels. This gets sent via radio waves to a Jeti receiver and it has a proprietary designation called "Ex-bus". PPM, and other designations, can be shared with non Jeti receivers like powerboxes, etc...But lets stick to Jeti, because my knowledge of PPM has just been exhausted!

Now, your 7 channel rx you have in your hand, can only out put 7 channels if you are using that receiver to plug in your servos for your airplane. As far as how much telemetry, input, output, I'm still learning, but you can have as many telemetry outputs as you like (40 is the max?) as you can daisy chain different telemetry output thing-a-ma-bobbles (that's an official term by the way, kidding, its sarcasm) together.

Here is where "Ex-bus" can really shine. Remember, "EX-bus" is just a fancy word made up by Jeti to call their radio wave that is transmitting, UPTO 24, channels, if you want.

Your 7 channel rx (and yes, just about ANY jeti rx) can pick this "EX-bus" signal and pass it along to another rx (these are usually the CB200 or the CB400) and now these rx's can output MORE channels than the rx you are using to pick up the "EX-bus" signal!

Since a small RX (ie the Ex R3 which is a small 3 channel rx) can pick up the "EX-bus" signal put out by your Jeti Tx just as good and efficiently as a bigger Rx, (not to mention the smaller Rx is cheaper) then it makes more sense to use a smaller Rx, CONNECTED, to something like a CB200 or CB400, to take advantage of the 24 channels! Specifically, the CB200 can only output 15 channels, while the CB400 can output the full 24 channels capable by the DS/C-24&16.

What is great about Jeti, is that the Tx, can output (in PARALLEL) an "EX-bus" signal and can talk to upto 3, yes 3 (two 2.4 Ghz Rx's and one 900 MgHz as a back up), at a time if needed! (In all fairness, "at the same time" maybe incorrect information, its probably more like separated by milli/micro-seconds, REALLY fast though, faster than eye blinks or the time it takes you to think something and have your finger move)

You could just hook up your one 7 channel Rx into a CB400 and get all 24 channels, but then you would be missing out on the redundant safety transmission capabilities of the Jeti system! And for the price (both monetary, weight and spatial arrangement) of another small 3 channel Rx, you can have both redundancy in transmission and reception, but also, you can take advantage of having another Rx, placed in a WHOLE, different way, to take advantage of spatial reception redundancy!

Well, that's how I understand it anyways. And I'm a FNG with Jeti too.
ROFL i will have to read that 5 times before it sinks in but i get most of it . very well explained. i have rewire my brain coming from JR . i did play with the 24 today and it's not as bad as i thought it would be. but with some many options ,it gets a little overwhelming at first . BUT WHAT A FREAKING GREAT PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY !!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:04 PM
warbird_1

I guess my explanation want good enough LOL
lol HE JUST HAD TO ONE UP YOU DIDN'T HE LOL!!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Dave,

Ditto with JS. Many thanks for the video. It was the breakthrough for me understanding the check marks. I read your early post on the DS-16 thread and the one above and never understood about the check marks till I saw your video. Thanks again.

Now Im trying to understand LOGMAX but I can't find it anywhere and don't know what it does. Is I possible for you to do a short video about how to use it to control the butterfly settings for flaps in jet? I know there are several of us Jeti jet guys here in SC that would really appreciate your showing us how it works.

Thanks, Gary
When you are in the switch selection page where it recognizes the the switch automatically, before you do that, look in the lower left.. it says LOG.. touch that.. then scroll to the bottom of the logical switch menu.. there will be alot of blanks.. but the LAST entry in that list says LOGMAX.. select that.. this will work exactly the same as the check blocks
Old 04-23-2018, 06:58 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something else I had not fully grasped until today.. Remember when we use the CB200 in Dual path, you cannot buddy box unless you remapped to Default and clone. You would lose one of the transmitters TX2 to the Buddy box.. not so good idea on a Jet..with no backup channel..

NOW: with the DX24, you can set up the CB200 with RX1 in default, and the R900 as RX2 in the Central Box.. TX2 can then be used to Buddy box with a very reliable Backup of 900. The 900 is not supposed to buddy box but it will control the model from the master always.. So you dont give up alot this way

So with the CB200 and a 900 installed, I feel very comfortable buddy boxing new guys now. So I am telling new guys to jets flying the 24 that I suggest you get the 900 into RX2, and any receiver in default mode in RX1 of the CB200.. this way its a quick change to buddy box just like any other model ,and switch back. This is huge actually if you are a new jet guy needing to get the BB time done.. i dont want to get into a debate about BB, thats another day.. but most Jet guys starting out want to have a trainer of some sort until they get used to the speed and lag.

Fwiw..goose

Another reason I am moving away from dual path. If you go back years in our posts, we talked about this, but it has become more full circle as we understand more and more about the Jeti switchover.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:33 AM
warbird_1

what's the dx 24?
Old 04-24-2018, 03:47 AM
Dansy

what's the dx 24?
A Typo
Old 04-24-2018, 04:00 AM
warbird_1

Talking

A Typo
i am the king of typo's
Old 04-24-2018, 04:08 AM
warbird_1

What protocol does jeti use . i know's 2.4 SS but is it the same as spektrum? DMSS? i don't find any info on the system
Old 04-24-2018, 04:12 AM
Dansy

What protocol does jeti use . i know's 2.4 SS but is it the same as spektrum? DMSS? i don't find any info on the system
‘they have their own protocol i guess it’s called 2.4 Duplex..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.