Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 08:18 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
I buy all my bolt/screw/washer and nuts at boltdepot they ship fast and price right....
Originally Posted by Tip22v
Thx, your dimensions sound about right. I found some 2mm diameter bolts with the countersink head at McMaster-Carr that should work.
I got my 2mm bolts from McMaster-Car today, they are the correct diameter, I ordered them 6mm long, which is long enough to bolt the nose gear door to the hinge, but if I order more I’ll go with 8mm or even 10mm length to make them easier to mount.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:26 PM
clavin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
It may sound like a dumb question, but could I wanted to know if anyone able to the batteries in the nose of the plane on the T1. I am using a 160n turbine and trying to figure out where to place everything.
Thanks,
Tone
Man I fly with my battery packs (all 3) RIGHT in front of the Fuel Tank.. BUT my plane has Thrust vectoring ie it has an extra servo and thrust nozzle in the tail.. I ALSO fly with a 160 but have it as FAR forward as I could get iit...
Old 10-25-2019, 02:30 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

They all seem to vary....mine an earlier model (2017)....I have 2x 2S 3100mAh li-ion and 1x lipo 2S 1100mAh in the nose, my ECU 3s 2100mAh is beside the nose retract

I do have the fuel UAT and smoke UAT with 2 pumps just in front of the fuel/smaller tank....with a K140...
Old 10-25-2019, 02:41 AM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow, it really does seem to vary. . I must say that I am a little surprised that you have thrust vectoring with servo in the rear and still could not put your receiver batteries in the nose. Thank you all for the input gentleman.
Tone
Old 10-25-2019, 04:08 AM
smittymgs
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still waiting on mine (12wks) With a K140 and smoke system 2 X life receiver bats, and 3800Life ecu bat and two small Lipos for the landing lights, gear and smoke pump I was planning on putting all the batteries in the nose but I may have to re-evaluate that to get the CG in the 235-240 range. Of course this would be easier if I actually had the plane in my possession 😊

Matt
Old 10-25-2019, 04:08 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a K-160 with two hard case 4000 mah 2S LiPos under the nose cone. Have PBox Mercury under the deck. The rest of the stuff is mounted on the deck including the Nav light controller and the 2000 mah 2S LiPo flat Rxer pack to drive the lights. No other weight was needed. I roll it over, w/o gyro on, and it flies straight as an arrow.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:50 AM
gunradd

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

This plane has a huge CG range. I tend to fly mine a little more nose heavy then some of these guys because I don't like it getting squirrely when slow and I still train allot of first time turbine fliers on it.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:15 AM
smittymgs

Originally Posted by gunradd
This plane has a huge CG range. I tend to fly mine a little more nose heavy then some of these guys because I don't like it getting squirrely when slow and I still train allot of first time turbine fliers on it.
Where do you have your CG if you don’t mind me asking, sounds like a good place to start
Old 10-25-2019, 06:12 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by smittymgs

Where do you have your CG if you don’t mind me asking, sounds like a good place to start
I wanted to ask the same question. Also, what is the official cg range?
Thanks,
Tone
Old 10-25-2019, 11:19 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the front of the wing tube is a safe location to to start for the CG and move back as desired.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:25 PM
rfbenn

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I started at 250mm but moved back to the centre of the wing tube at 260mm, I found at this point it felt comfortable inverted with just a little push on the elevator stick.
As others have said c of g is not too critical
Rob
Old 10-26-2019, 06:55 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

In the process of reading the entire thread but have a couple questions..

Is it still up to the user to install the nose gear door or does it come done at the factory with a servo installed like the Mini?

Whats the current wait time if I order today?

Really debating between the factory electric gear or electrons, how are the factory gear holding up? I’m probably going to go with Electrons.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:40 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69
In the process of reading the entire thread but have a couple questions..

Is it still up to the user to install the nose gear door or does it come done at the factory with a servo installed like the Mini?

Whats the current wait time if I order today?

Really debating between the factory electric gear or electrons, how are the factory gear holding up? I’m probably going to go with Electrons.
1- Don’t know about the servo, but the door was installed on mine (2017) I don’t think that change.
2- Around 8weeks when I asked last month
3- Electron for sure...
Old 10-26-2019, 09:11 AM
clavin

Originally Posted by smittymgs
I am still waiting on mine (12wks) With a K140 and smoke system 2 X life receiver bats, and 3800Life ecu bat and two small Lipos for the landing lights, gear and smoke pump I was planning on putting all the batteries in the nose but I may have to re-evaluate that to get the CG in the 235-240 range. Of course this would be easier if I actually had the plane in my possession 😊

Matt
The way I cg (as a first feel) is my t1s and T3 all JUST ABOUT stay on the tail when you set them there with an Empty fuel tank and UAT full
Old 10-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Dansy

1- Don’t know about the servo, but the door was installed on mine (2017) I don’t think that change.
2- Around 8weeks when I asked last month
3- Electron for sure...
1- Received mine last month, it came with the door was installed with a servo.
2- Ordered my mid May, took about 16 weeks to receive it.
3- I ordered mine without retracts and went for the Electrons.
Tone
Old 10-26-2019, 10:30 AM
smittymgs

13 weeks and counting on mine
Old 10-26-2019, 11:17 AM
pattratt
My Feedback: (1)

Default T1 Delivery

T1 is a great flying aircraft but the company that makes them is very marginal as far as customer service is concerned. I ordered one when they first came out and finally cancelled it when the delivery time went to over 4 months. I then bought the first used T-1 to hit the market and absolutely loved the way it flew! Unfortunately I lost it due to the front nose cone departing the aircraft as a result of the "aluminum" small retainer nut stripping due to only two threads engaged the alumnium nut and not knowing that was all retaining the nose cone assembly! Aerodynamically it pulled the nose straight into the only rock pile within miles and totally destroyed aircraft, turbine and all electronics! Only thing salvageable was the electric gear (Electron), ecu, fuel pump and several servos! At the beginning of May I called Dirk and ordered a new replacement with a factory commitment from Dirk at 6 to 8 weeks! I received the aircraft 11 weeks later and uphon inspection found that both stabs and both both flaps had major paint issues on the top surfaces and was missing the turbine hatch latch! After waiting that long I was very unhappy to say the least! I contacted Dirk and he dealt with the factory and to their credit they agreed to replace all of the items and to keep what I had. Initially they said it would be several weeks before it would ship due to some delays in getting paint dimension they had to have from me I received the items 8 weeks later and they were perfect!
I want to make sure everyone understands that without Dirks "tireless efforts" I probably would haven given up and returned everything which he offered to do! His customer service is beyond reproach and on several occasions was told things by the factory that were false!! I will probably never deal with T-1 again but will always deal with Dirk where possible!
I make this post for three reasons:
1. At a minimum double the shipping time for anything coming from T-1 factory.
2. Be extremely cautious with the nose cone retainer! The way they install the aluminum it''s not easy to replace with a steel locking nut so check it often and use blue lock-tite and do not over tighten!
3. Without a doubt Pacific R C Jets and Dirk specifically is a straight shooter and will always go the extra mile for his customers!
Dick Mundee
Old 10-26-2019, 12:00 PM
clavin

Originally Posted by pattratt
T1 is a great flying aircraft but the company that makes them is very marginal as far as customer service is concerned. I ordered one when they first came out and finally cancelled it when the delivery time went to over 4 months. I then bought the first used T-1 to hit the market and absolutely loved the way it flew! Unfortunately I lost it due to the front nose cone departing the aircraft as a result of the "aluminum" small retainer nut stripping due to only two threads engaged the alumnium nut and not knowing that was all retaining the nose cone assembly! Aerodynamically it pulled the nose straight into the only rock pile within miles and totally destroyed aircraft, turbine and all electronics! Only thing salvageable was the electric gear (Electron), ecu, fuel pump and several servos! At the beginning of May I called Dirk and ordered a new replacement with a factory commitment from Dirk at 6 to 8 weeks! I received the aircraft 11 weeks later and uphon inspection found that both stabs and both both flaps had major paint issues on the top surfaces and was missing the turbine hatch latch! After waiting that long I was very unhappy to say the least! I contacted Dirk and he dealt with the factory and to their credit they agreed to replace all of the items and to keep what I had. Initially they said it would be several weeks before it would ship due to some delays in getting paint dimension they had to have from me I received the items 8 weeks later and they were perfect!
I want to make sure everyone understands that without Dirks "tireless efforts" I probably would haven given up and returned everything which he offered to do! His customer service is beyond reproach and on several occasions was told things by the factory that were false!! I will probably never deal with T-1 again but will always deal with Dirk where possible!
I make this post for three reasons:
1. At a minimum double the shipping time for anything coming from T-1 factory.
2. Be extremely cautious with the nose cone retainer! The way they install the aluminum it''s not easy to replace with a steel locking nut so check it often and use blue lock-tite and do not over tighten!
3. Without a doubt Pacific R C Jets and Dirk specifically is a straight shooter and will always go the extra mile for his customers!
Dick Mundee

+1 on the Dirk/Pacific/Customer service.....
Old 10-26-2019, 12:51 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

+2 on Dirk. He has always responded quickly and professionally to any question or issue I have had

Craig
Old 10-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by clavin
+1 on the Dirk/Pacific/Customer service.....
Originally Posted by cbk07
+2 on Dirk. He has always responded quickly and professionally to any question or issue I have had

Craig
make that +3
Tone
Old 10-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Agrav8ed

Still waiting for my thrust vectoring to arrive. In the meantime I got my plumbing completed, smoke installed, gps, 160n turbine, receiver and smoothflite installed. Can't go much further until I balance it and figure out were to put the batteries. I primarily went with the Smoothflite because it has a thrust vectoring feature that works with the gyro. Trying to wait for the new thrust vectoring set up so I wont have to balance twice but I may just go ahead and finish everything up
Tone.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:50 AM
gunradd

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

You got all the good stuff in that plane! Nice setup
Old 10-27-2019, 06:58 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by gunradd
You got all the good stuff in that plane! Nice setup
Thank you sir! Can't wait to try it out.
Tone
Old 10-28-2019, 07:04 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

If I order it without the lights, does it still come with the cutouts in the wings where the lights go and the lenses if I want to add lights later?

Getting ready to order, no gear, going to go with Electrons.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:55 PM
clavin

Originally Posted by camss69
If I order it without the lights, does it still come with the cutouts in the wings where the lights go and the lenses if I want to add lights later?

Getting ready to order, no gear, going to go with Electrons.
Yes I believe it does...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.