Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech turbine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech turbine

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kingtech turbine

ORIGINAL: ftgti

Marty, I believe that the problem not is in the fuel line, when I go to accelerate slow it arrive the full 145000rpm, now when I to accelerate normal it stop, I will go to make a video.
thanks

Fernando
Fernando,
Can you please provide me with your "Run" parameters. Additionally, what fuel pump are you using with the engine?
Pump pulse width looks fine, I dont believe it is a fuel system issue but if it is a stock Kingtech pump, I would not rule it out completely.
Do you have the FADEC cable and software for downloading the engine data?
Todd
Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
ftgti

Hello Todd,

my "Run" parameters:
Full Power = 145,000 RPM
Idle Speed= 45,000 RPM
Stop Speed= 30,000 Rpm
Start/min Temp = 0100Âşc
Max Temperature= 0800Âşc
Acceleration Delay= 040
Deceleration Delay= 014
Stability Delay= 100
Pump Limit = 1020 (I placed pump limit to 0548 and finished problem, but the answer is very slow)
I am using the ful pump original of kingtech.
I don´t have the FADEC cable..

Thanks

Fernando
Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fernando, could you tell us how many hours you have on this engine?

Our engineers in Taiwan still suspect clogged injector(s) is the cause. If possible, please have it disassembled and use a compressor to blast out the gunk, otherwise, if you have it sent back to Kaohsiung, Taiwan, we will take care of it free of charge, except for the return shipping of course.

If you are sending it back to Taiwan, perhaps include your fuel pump and request for option to upgrade, #130 did come with the earlier version of the pump.

Good Luck,
Barry
www.kingtechusa.com

Old 02-03-2010, 01:15 AM
JET FX

Marty, I believe that the problem not is in the fuel line, when I go to accelerate slow it arrive the full 145000rpm, now when I to accelerate normal it stop, I will go to make a video.
thanks

Fernando
Fernando, I have never had any problems with the pumps at all since the K80 was introduced, neither have any of our long list of customers for that matter... there is nothing generally wrong or to be concerned about from my experiences with the stock K80 fuel pump as supplied from Kingtech, to insinuate otherwise would be misleading in my opinion. Any component on any turbine can obviously potentially fail at any time there is no track record of the K80's fuel pump or injectors being a concern more so than any other popular brand turbines. It is easy enough to check your fuel pumps smooth strong flow rate by simply plugging it directly into the ECU battery for brief running period ie 10sec with fuel lines in/out connected and submerged in bowl of kero so as to not run it dry, this would obviously eliminate the pump as potential cause. Refer to Page 18 and Page 25~26 in the K80 owners manual for pump adjustment referrence. Iam actually using a six cell 7.2V 2400mAh NiCd battery on my K80E and have not had any of these problems. Anyway Let us know how you go...

If this problem is 'infact' traced back to a a clogged fuel injector that would be the first time I have heard of this occuring with any K80... Iam sceptical at this stage that this is the cause and that it would actually be an injector, its possible but unlikely.

If your problems persist and fuel system does not show any apparent external visible restrictions after checking fuel line and fitting size's for blockage, vent line is open when running, no air leaking into fuel system including pump and all ECU parameters have been double checked as I previously suggested (pump flow rate checked). I would then recommend to send your K80 back to Kingtech for further factory inspection, they will take care of you very quickly and solve this concern. As a newly purchased K80 from Kingtech repairs or component replacement is of course still fully covered under the manufacturers warranty. Hope this helps....

Cheers- Marty
Old 02-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Fernando,

Settings don't look correct. Do this:

1) Leave the pump limit at 1020 like you have now.
2) Start the engine and increase the power to full speed. Once the engine running at 145K, anotate the reading of pump power (Pw=xx) .
3) Stop the engine.
4) Multiply the pump power you read by 1,15 (15% more). If the reading at 145.000 was 350, then 350 x 1,15= 402.
5) Set "pump limit" to the calculated value. Never touch again.
6) Start the engine. Set full power. First time it will take a bit to arrive to full rpm, don't worry, just wait.
7) Once the engine have arrived to full power, you can check acceleration and deceleration performance. If the engine is slow acceleration, decrease the "accel delay" (I would use a value of 15). But don't modify the "pump limit".
8) If the engine still flame out when accelerated quickly, then surely the engine have a problem in the injectors. I would recommend to find a value of accel delay that allow the engine to accelerate without flaming out, and then check what's the acceleration time, jet engines need a bit of time to accelerate, some more than others.

And last, check your fuel quality.

Gaspar
Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 AM
marquisvns

Marty, I am happy to hear you have such trouble free experience with the original KingTech pump.

K-80E that is shipped out after December of last year will come with the newer version of the fuel pump. One of the most important improvements is the increased stability of gears and shafts relations. This improvement takes the reliability of the older pumps to an even higher level.

Concerning the suspicion of the clogged injector(s), is the fact that there are different petroleum refinery standards and additive requirements worldwide.

Fernando, let’s rewind a bit, back to the pictures you sent. Although I am not suggesting it is definitely the cause, but those plastic ties are really asking for trouble especially if you aren’t double looped (double looping ensures 360 compression). If you look closely enough, the single loop like what you have will pinch the soft tygon tubing and often cause a leak. Perhaps that explains the air/fuel level in your UAT.

Anyway, I hope your K-80 is flawlessly back in action with your beautiful Velox sooner than later, as I have the exact same plane, same scheme, and of course, same engine.

All the Best,
Barry
www.kingtechusa.com
Old 02-03-2010, 05:47 AM
ftgti

Barry,

My second turbine is arriving today. What do you think if I to place this new turbine in my velox? I speak in change only the turbine, I using the same pump and valves of the old turbine.

Can be discovered the problem this in the turbine or in another piece

Thanks

Fernando

Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 AM
JET FX

ORIGINAL: marquisvns

Marty, I am happy to hear you have such trouble free experience with the original KingTech pump.

K-80E that is shipped out after December of last year will come with the newer version of the fuel pump. One of the most important improvements is the increased stability of gears and shafts relations. This improvement takes the reliability of the older pumps to an even higher level.

Concerning the suspicion of the clogged injector(s), is the fact that there are different petroleum refinery standards and additive requirements worldwide.

Fernando, let’s rewind a bit, back to the pictures you sent. Although I am not suggesting it is definitely the cause, but those plastic ties are really asking for trouble especially if you aren’t double looped (double looping ensures 360 compression). If you look closely enough, the single loop like what you have will pinch the soft tygon tubing and often cause a leak. Perhaps that explains the air/fuel level in your UAT.

Anyway, I hope your K-80 is flawlessly back in action with your beautiful Velox sooner than later, as I have the exact same plane, same scheme, and of course, same engine.

All the Best,
Barry
www.kingtechusa.com

Hi Barry, Hey how are you... Iam happy your happy too mate Your name is new to me so I would like to personally welcome to the RCU Jet forums. The K80/ Velox combo is a great match, heres my one...

Cheers- Marty
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51934.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	1370942  
Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 PM
marquisvns

Yes, Fernando, I think that’s a good idea, just to rule out other possibilities, please let us know the result.

I like your Aussie scheme too Marty, and thanks!

Barry
www.kingtechusa.com
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 PM
tony5548

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear Fernando ,

I think you Must change *start power*Data .start power→26.000.Start the engine is no problem.

I hope your K-80 Easy to start Like me.

Good Luck,

tony

Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
ftgti

Barry

I got to do to work without the cut, I increased the acelleration delay for 97.
The Turbine is slower more the important is that not this more cutting.

Thank very much the all the friends for the help in solve my problem...

Thanks

Fernando
Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
lov2flyrc

I have to disagree with Marty's statements regarding the stock kingtech pumps; our tests have shown weakness in the older version (pre December 09) fuel pumps. We have run these pumps for extensive periods and found gear train issues; thus creating engine performance issues. Kingtech has made some changes to the pump housing which testing has shown to greatly improve the reliability of the stock pump.
If Fernandos engine pump is the older version, I would certainly not rule out a pump issue at all.

Fernando, Bumping the Accel delay to 97 is NOT a solution I would want you to live with! Please contact me directly at [email protected] so we can rectify your engine issues immediately.
Todd
Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
marquisvns

Barry

I got to do to work without the cut, I increased the acelleration delay for 97.
The Turbine is slower more the important is that not this more cutting.

Thank very much the all the friends for the help in solve my problem...

Thanks

Fernando
Fernando, could you please put on the new pump to see if you could run the engine with proper Acceleration Delay say 020?

Thanks,
Barry
www.kingtechusa.com
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM
ftgti

Barry

I already placed the new pump and new fuel valve, and the problem continue

Thanks

Fernando
Old 02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I think it is worth to mention that Fernando´s is running the turbine at 4100 feet ASL in very hot and rainy (low pressure) summer days in Brazil. This kind of adjust is normal even at 3000 feet ASL (Curitiba) not only in the Kingtech, but in some models of other brands too.

Enrique
Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM
JET FX

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

I have to disagree with Marty's statements regarding the stock kingtech pumps; our tests have shown weakness in the older version (pre December 09) fuel pumps. We have run these pumps for extensive periods and found gear train issues; thus creating engine performance issues. Kingtech has made some changes to the pump housing which testing has shown to greatly improve the reliability of the stock pump.
If Fernandos engine pump is the older version, I would certainly not rule out a pump issue at all.

Fernando, Bumping the Accel delay to 97 is NOT a solution I would want you to live with! Please contact me directly at [email protected] so we can rectify your engine issues immediately.
Todd

Hmmm might have something to do with your location "Florida" you are close to the Burmuda triangle afterall.... How many pumps did you test??
Old 02-04-2010, 05:36 PM
lov2flyrc

ORIGINAL: JET FX

Hmmm might have something to do with your location ''Florida'' you are close to the Burmuda triangle afterall.... How many pumps did you test??
We had one pump failure almost immediately on the stand when first testing the Kingtech engines. We then took another pump and let it run at 2.1V for a solid 8 hrs (and noted some substantial fod in the fluid), then put it back on the stand and it had delivery issues.
We then ran a second which showed the same signs after around 10hrs.
I recently tested the latest version using the same method for over 30hrs, pump performed better than when pulled out of the box with very little FOD in the fluid. Seems they have fixed the problems with wear....
This is why we packaged the Kingtech with Flightworks pumps. The new Kingtech valves have proven very reliable as well.
Todd
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
mdeseve
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Todd is it possible to run the kingtech turbine on 2.5% oil mix, same as rabbit, if no what would be the consequence of doing that .
Thanks

Mike
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 AM
marquisvns

ORIGINAL: erbroens

I think it is worth to mention that Fernando´s is running the turbine at 4100 feet ASL in very hot and rainy (low pressure) summer days in Brazil. This kind of adjust is normal even at 3000 feet ASL (Curitiba) not only in the Kingtech, but in some models of other brands too.

Enrique
Thank you Enrique, as it is vital information, unfortunately we couldn’t pump cooler and dryer air to where Fernando is at a cosmic scale to increase its density : )

Fernando, I think you are on the right track by setting the acceleration delay at 97, until the weather becomes more favorable then decrease that value accordingly. At the same time we probably could conclude that it is not a fuel pump issue.

KingTech Taiwan already authorized me to replace a K-80 for you if you so decide to send one of yours to any one of our northern hemispheric locations (KingTech Taiwan, KingTech USA, Dreamworks) for evaluations/examinations. Meanwhile, we are striving to improve our engine designs to be even more tolerant.

Barry
www.kingtechusa.com
Old 02-05-2010, 02:50 AM
marquisvns

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

ORIGINAL: JET FX

Hmmm might have something to do with your location ''Florida'' you are close to the Burmuda triangle afterall.... How many pumps did you test??
We had one pump failure almost immediately on the stand when first testing the Kingtech engines. We then took another pump and let it run at 2.1V for a solid 8 hrs (and noted some substantial fod in the fluid), then put it back on the stand and it had delivery issues.
We then ran a second which showed the same signs after around 10hrs.
I recently tested the latest version using the same method for over 30hrs, pump performed better than when pulled out of the box with very little FOD in the fluid. Seems they have fixed the problems with wear....
This is why we packaged the Kingtech with Flightworks pumps. The new Kingtech valves have proven very reliable as well.
Todd
We ran the newer pump for up to 40 hours (near 2 service cycles). We achieved similar result as Todd did, stronger pump at an even lower voltage, then we put them on the stand with K-80 running, tapping on the pump to simulate vibrations - zero fluctuation to the RPM.

Barry
www.kingtechusa.com
Old 02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
rossi63

[quote]ORIGINAL: Gaspar

Just change:

Starter power at ignition: 070
Starter power at preheat: 070
Rpm 100% starter power: 30.000rpm

Gaspar

Hello. I had 3 sucsessfull start today after changing parameter to settings above advised from Gaspar. Thanks.
Thanks to all for advise.

Rossi
Old 02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Anytime.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
ftgti

Hello Barry,

I arrived of trip now..

Barry, do you think to have some problem I to use Accel Delay in 97?
Tomorrow I will be making a video with Delay of 40 and also with Delay of 97 for you sees. ok

Thanks

Fernando
Old 02-07-2010, 02:19 AM
marquisvns

Fernando:

Only if you feel comfortable enough to fly with the throttle response at 97, otherwise, please wait, as Chuang, our chief engineer, has a couple of ideas that might be the solution to the problem. He will be in touch with you very shortly.

Barry
www.kingtechusa.com
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 AM
vincedecaledo

hello......
i have also some problems with my pump......Ausjet in australia actually send me a new one......i just had around 1 hour of run time....
i had also a big leak on the pump (with fuel leak on the cables...
after disassembling......here is what i found....:

so actually waiting for a new pump.....

regards from new caledonia,
south pacific

Vince
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43647.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1373560  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.