Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 07:59 PM
mecky33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

still has the nt-16, we haven't put the cars side by side, but he had is car radared at a whoppin 44 MPH. He said it could go faster, but he wasn't sure how much. If we do go head to head, I am going to be running it as an ATX buggy for stability reasons.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:07 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn an rtr monster truck that can hang with nitro onroad and with a few tweaks beat it and i own one cool
Old 02-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

watch the member bashing, guys. If you have a problem with a member, report the post to a mod. Do not resort to similar bashing in the forums.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:58 PM
nitromacguyver

th and just one thing about the gen. i really hope that they have some sort of protection for the 9th and 10th shocks on the top of the towers. and the gas tank sits way out ihope they have a better way of mounting it. any one agree w/me?
Old 02-03-2004, 01:29 PM
DaSHiKi

looking at those new pics i agree if you dont smash the shock you will definitley snap the plastic holding them on it's a huge truck but how do you compare htat to a savage? thats like saying a ford F-350 can haul more than a ford ranger the Gen. is huge you would need to compare it to a truckzilla not a .25 savage. I'd like to see someone do a durability review on this thing that shock looks very vulnerable. I'm sure that the tank can be protected.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:59 PM

in order to use the 4wheel steering the tank must be moved/modyfied to clear the tire put the tank in that spot and forget about it
Old 02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
genoracinx

interesting topic, but yet theres nothing but two pages of bickering brand loyalist. lets try it this way. forget about brand for a minute realize that there
are three general concepts of mts, truggie: momoth, pirate, etc. solid axal: xfactor, madforce, etc. and maxx style trucks independent susp. multy speed
trans, and in most cases 8 shocks and reverse. wich happen to be the most popular of concepts. lets use the tmaxx as a starting point because it obviously got the ball rolling for these styles of trucks. since its release there has been many other companies to build on this concept, and despite what their brand loyalist say no one truck dominates the concept but rather adds its own trait.
for instants the savage has added durability wich is a huge plus but is it really
different than a maxx? maxx can run any small block .12 thru .18 then you need exspensive coversion and diff work. savage big block .21 thru .27 then you will need expensive conversion and diff work. mgt well so far it appears
to have built in dual starting option and tranverse engine dont know whats it added besides associateds name. genesis vs savage well i already have two savages one outlaw .26 the other truckzilla .46 so i dont see anything that the
genesis would offer me or anyother savage owner other than other brand of the same concept. the first thing most performance concerned driver will shed will be the extra shocks followed by the oversized wheels and four wheel steering. then the only thing that separates the genesis and truckzilla would be the three speed wich im sure savage owners are already sizing up.

side note: anyone thinking of either truckzilla or genesis should at lease acknowledge that no company has truly successfully bridge the gap of heli to truck conversion. if the engines are what we all hope there are tourquie + big wheels big gears and melted clutches just ask the ek4 guys. just because the sell it dont mean its for everyone.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:31 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the Genesis is competeing with the truckzilla, since they are the only two trucks in this class. The Genesis is a RTR at $500, while the Zilla is a kit requiring you to buy the truck, then buy the kit, disassemble, then reassemble, all for much more money. That is what they have to offer over the savage.
Also you said that the performance minded driver would remove this and that etc. I don't think this will be the case. It's too big to race at most tracks and is designed as a basher mt, so what kind of performance minded person would remove the performance enhancing parts that are designed for this truck to help it do the things it was designed to do?
Old 02-04-2004, 02:34 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i want the genesis too cuz genesis looks like a savage set up and if ur goin to like either one i kno ur gonna end up getting both after a month or so...like i have 2 savages and now i want the genesis too ..but since its ur 1st truck id go with the current best the savage then maybe when the genesis gets tested by us then u can start saving for ur genesis
Old 02-04-2004, 08:48 AM
rcblaze

Mecky33 I assume you are comparing your car to a Ofna GTP. Please state all the facts. B/c Stock to Stock the MT2 will get smoked. And if you upgraded a GTP at all even just a 2 speed forget ever getting close to it with any MT. Anyway the Genesis looks good in the new pics I think I will try one. By the way the only speed demon truck is the menace. I raced on with my GTP and lost due to the 3rd gear. That thing is built for speed. GTP loses to an MT2 ha. Sorry had to defend my baby girl. Oh and mine has been clocked at 55 . Soon to be much faster.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Nitroaddict

jefx - you say that trickzilla and the genesis are the only two in this category. I would consider the Thunder Tiger EK4 int his cat as well. It does have a .70 - just my opinion though.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
mecky33

bcash, I was only basing what I said on the top speed my friend had acheived with his car. And since the ATX buggy is a stock fun factor style I can compare it. The only difference between the MT2 and ATX is about five MPH. If I put a different clutch bell, I can get about ten MPH. I am sure if the GTP had a two speed, it would never keep up. But we are comparing a stock GTP to a stock Fun Factor car.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Monster_Truck_Gurl

Wow, I missed alot being in classes. CEN Gen is gonna be 500? I want it now! Sweet! So, whats the bickering about anyway?
Old 02-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Nitroaddict

ORIGINAL: Fearless_4_Ever

Wow, I missed alot being in classes. CEN Gen is gonna be 500? I want it now! Sweet! So, whats the bickering about anyway?

Seems bickering always starts with the whole - "mine is better than yours" mentality.

500.00 seems pretty reasonable. Alot of truck for that price, although the gas tank placement worries me alot. Doesnt look to hard to fashion a simple cover though
Old 02-04-2004, 11:33 AM
monsterGT

Default RE: RE: RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25

I heard that associated was trying to comete with cen and AE might come out with a huge MT like the genises, but its just a rumor
Old 02-04-2004, 11:38 AM

i wonder what losi is gonna do CEN has made a totally new class and losi has no MT at all let alon a giant MT
Old 02-04-2004, 12:04 PM
mecky33

A little over a year ago, Cen didn't have an MT. Now they have one that is quickly proving its self and another that is causing quite a stir. Every company has to start somewhere, and sooner or later they will start manufacturing what sells. Right now, the MT's are getting a lot of attention, so every RC manufacturer will probably have an MT sooner or later.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:12 PM
jefx

Yes, it's $500. And now it won't be available 'till April. But you won't be able to get one then even, because the pre-orders are already back ordered. It'll be several months before you can just go and buy one.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:33 PM
genoracinx

Default RE: CEN Genesis VS Savage 25(in reply to jefx)

i dont disagree that the genesis is a good deal for the price. if your looking to buy a truck with a .46 get the genesis but if you have a savage getting the truckzilla is a better deal. anyone enterested in either truck should atleast check the midmad.com ek4 forum to weigh the pros/cons of heli trucks so to speak. as for proformance parts well 4 well tuned shocks usually
surfice on smaller trucks and eight is more than enough 10 is probably overkill. taller wheels on both or maybe just the truckzilla kit is a direct indication of the gearing limitations. but even
if there is enough room for let say a 21 tooth cb you would probably fry the clutch shoe before you fully break the engine in. the genesis does have a three speed wich should ease the pain of the clutch some but the lower first speed will probably reak havoc on the plastic sliders. only time will tell. consider this though the .46 will be the selling point for both kits and if for any reason it dosnt work out weather melting clutches distroying drive trains or just dont perform the way they should, then truckzilla owners can just just use stock wheels/engine and enjoy the beefed drive shafts and thicker extended tvp and its still a savage. genesis on the otherhand will have to shell out the $$$ for a different engine cluth setup maybe pipe and you might then want to shed those huge performace tires and you will still have a .... well a savage!! just something to think about. btw ran 5 breakin tank on my truckzilla in the garage and the clucthbell is already showing discoloration.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:25 PM
jefx

It is not a heli engine. Although it may be the same size as some heli engines, Cen designed this engine from the ground up specifically for this truck with the best interests of this trucks intended abilities. The same can be said for the rest of the truck surrounding the engine.
As far as 10 shocks being overkill, many people have bought the aftershock system for the Tmaxx to help reduce body roll. Considering that the Genesis will be far larger than the Tmaxx, how will this be overkill? 8 shocks is pretty standard for the current crop of popular mt's, and with the extra size and weight of the Genesis, the 2 extra shocks will help reduce the body roll in an already high CG'd TVP style chassis.
The clutch is in no doubt designed to match the 3-speed tranny and power/weight ratio of this truck. Cen has a lot riding on this truck, and with the constant "pushing-back" of the release date, I'm sure they are considering all possible "weak points".
The drive shafts are of a composite material, not plastic. A composite material is a blend of substances, that when combined correctly, can rival or best the strength of steel while weighing less.
I'm sure that they are not droping a .46 engine into a truck with Tmaxx cheap drive shafts. That would be the worst decision that they could make.
I still don't understand your idea of why people would want to drop the large tires in favor of smaller ones. This truck is not designed for a race track, but instead it's designed as the biggest and baddest RTR mt on the market.
Sure, if you already have a savage, it would be a cheaper route to buy and install the Zilla kit. But if you don't already have a savage (like me) then it is a cheaper route to buy an RTR (Genesis) truck of the same if not higher caliber as the Zilla.
And that is the advantage that Cen has over the Zilla, it's cheaper, it's RTR, and it's factory direct with customer service.
With the Zilla, you are buying one truck, and one aftermarket kit (not HPI) and building it into something that it was never designed to be. With no customer service.
Look, the Genesis isn't even available yet, so all you Zilla and savage owners need to get the sand out of your ______s. Lets wait and see what the thing will actually do.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:12 PM
sovietspyguy

Hm...I just have one question: How is this truck going to cost 500 dollars? I'm not saying it's too much, It actually seems like too little. Think about what it comes with...a .46 engine, aluminum tuned pipe, high-torque metal-gear (I think) servos with a complete radio system, the three speed, the ten reservoir shocks, the four brakes...it seems to me like 500 is pretty cheap for all this. Of course it's possibly or even likely that I'm wrong, but wouldn't they have to skimp somewhere?
Old 02-04-2004, 11:15 PM
sovietspyguy

One more thing...would the bumper on that thing even serve a purpose? From the pics I've seen it actually sits behind the front of the wheels. So if you were to hit something head on, instead of the bumper absorbing the impact, it would go straight to the a-arms/shocks. Considering the wheel size, the tires wouldn't be able to soak up much of the impact. Just wondering about this...
Old 02-04-2004, 11:20 PM
mecky33

Soviet, look at the MT2, it has all the speed of a maxx with the durability of a savage all for less than three hundred. Cen makes all of their own parts, that is how they keep costs low. Plus doing all of their own R&D helps. All of Cens products are much lower than competitors because of the above business practices. Also the bumper may be geared more for looks, but in a head on into something that isn't as wide as the tires, it would afford some protection. And big wheels or not, I know that Cen trucks can take a beating and it wont even phase them.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:23 PM
jefx

Ya, I wondered that same thing myself. I thought that it would easily cost 550 or 600 bucks, for everything that you get. But $499 is the msrp.
I think that it's because Cen is a smaller less known company, you're not paying for the name, in fact they are trying to get their name out there as a reputable R/C company. Plus I believe that they make their own parts, which cuts out the middle man.
I think (but I may be wrong) that Cen makes parts for other R/C companies, so they already have the means to produce.
Also, the Genesis is almost twice as much as their next-in-line mt, the MT2, food for thought.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:24 PM
jefx

Oops, Dan beat me to it, I'm a slow typer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.