Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF FW190 GIANT ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF FW190 GIANT ARF

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:43 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I few a couple weeks ago and on the second flight when I pulled back the throttle stick on landing roll out the DA 50 died. Mmmmm
I didn't fly again till later and on start-up any time I prought the throttle back it tried to die so I ran the trim way up till it would idle on the way to the runway. Took off and made a nice flight and on final approach the DA 50 was running to fast to land. So flaps up and go around while pulling back the throttle trim. Still too fast so flaps up and another go around till it sounded better. There were other flights in the air...noisy!
After that stress made a too high bad landing and broke the plastic cam. I haven't looked at it in my shop yet as the season is about done here.
So need to fix that gear and pull the big round cowl off AGAIN and see what the heck is with that throttle...Arm maybe???
Last month the red aluminum screws sheered off and the carb about fell off with a successful dead stick landing that time.
The DA50 now has real steel cap screws holding the carb on. What's with this motor? About three flight is all it can get out of it before something else goes wrong with it. DLE's for me next time.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 AM
gofaster48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loose muffler maybe
Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 AM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

MX240 I have 10 DA engines....all excellent machines. You may want to send it to DA for a look see, was it new when you bought it?
Old 10-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone know if Vailly are doing the glass fuz for the 90" FW-190 Anton? They mention one in the blub but do not see it listed in their website.

I'd get the TF ARF but too expensive to ship it here so might have to build one. Gl;ass fuz would certainly cut down the building time.

ta
Old 10-07-2015, 01:39 PM
kwik

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_OZ
anyone know if Vailly are doing the glass fuz for the 90" FW-190 Anton? They mention one in the blub but do not see it listed in their website.

I'd get the TF ARF but too expensive to ship it here so might have to build one. Gl;ass fuz would certainly cut down the building time.

ta
Yes, they do. Just send them a mail. Expensive to ship to Australia.

Doesnt take that much longer to get a fuse together.....Becaue there is a lot to do on a glass fuse as well.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:00 PM
jagdpanther9

REALLY! HUH! WHAT! this is the beginning of a rant but I have caught myself. obviously I have the "soft pins ' in my robart air retracts. JEBUS HEARLD H CRIPES!! right at the end of another butter smmoooth landing I turned into the wind @ maybe 10 mph and HUH! WHAT ! REALLY! yes I bent a pin. my turn,,, THESE RETRACTS ARE GARBAGE!!! wow it really didn't take anything for side loading to bend that pin. I'm sure I have some drill rod about that size around the shop............. other wise it flys great and I am really enjoying this model! =D
Old 10-07-2015, 04:02 PM
jagdpanther9

KWIK, you are just lucky...and have some good ones. =D
Old 10-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Originally Posted by kwik
Yes, they do. Just send them a mail. Expensive to ship to Australia.

Doesnt take that much longer to get a fuse together.....Becaue there is a lot to do on a glass fuse as well.

Kwik,
yes mate have emailed Roy so will see what he comes back with. Everything thing shipped here is bloody pricey and our dollar is crap at the moment, about $0.70USD

Got loads of projects and if I got one then I would need the spinner with fan, Sierra scale retracts and wheels, cockpit kit, pilot, blah blah blah oh a canopy too!

Nice to dream though.

cheers
me
Old 10-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Tommy_Gun

This why I use the mowed grass next to our runway to land my FW190.
For some reason it does not have the same tendency to want to veer off a straight line in the grass as it does on the hardtop.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:16 PM
jagdpanther9

I and most of the guys like the grass instead of the runway @ our club for their bigger models as they don't get as squirrelly on take off and not so bouncy on landing. they keep the field up real well @ SMMAC it is a real treat to fly there .
my retracts now have 1/4" (.247) drill rod instead of the soft metal pins that they came with. one of the few good things about working in welding shops for 17 years. it would be neat if someone would make a aluminum trunion for these retracts I'm sure that the stock polymer will be next to fail. I did fiberglass my inner gear areas and wing I also used a generous amount of thin ca to toughen the area.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:10 PM
kwik

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jagdpanther9
I'm sure that the stock polymer will be next to fail. I did fiberglass my inner gear areas and wing I also used a generous amount of thin ca to toughen the area.
I was on a new airfield a couple of weeks ago. The depot was in one end of the field, and it was 6 m/s 90 degrees crosswind.

So I stood outside the depot and flwe, and during landing, I forgot.

I'm used to standing in the middle of the field. So there wasnt many meters left for the rollout......
The plane rolled over a small ditch, and one of the pins was seriously bendt. And worse; A part of the plastic exploded and flew straight through the newly glassed wing.

Arrrrrggggghhhhh.

So I put a new trunion in, and it is probavly as soft as the others I read about here.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

I have two also and not much problem in a TF P-51. But this FW 190 motor??
I have never heard of using soft red anodized aluminum bolts to hold carbs on and I see red bolts holding the cylinder onto the case also. What little weight savings the six aluminum bolts would have over steel bolts is ?? Heck we all have to add nose wright anyways?
Both use carbon fiber Majusic (sp) black 22-10 props so vibration is not a big problem.

I don't remember what is on the P-51 DA 50 as it never gives me any problem. Just keeps running.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:39 AM
jagdpanther9

NOOOO, that's too bad about the wing after all of the work glassing it.
for me I think it is like sparky said as soon as the tail is down on roll out get ready to be on the rudder and ailerons. I will try to remember that next time out.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:25 AM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Hey guys... my nearly 400 flight FW190 was killed on the way back from the Warbirds over the Rockies event when the trailer came off the hitch at 70MPH. A toolbox started bouncing around and killed the fuse and wing... Last week I finished moving all the components to its replacement and instead of the DLE55RA I opted for the Saito FG60R3... I moved everything from the old airframe into the new one... including the JR gyro I had on the rudder... all servos in their same spots, etc.. What I didn't realize was the gain on the gyro in the old plane was way too high for this plane... take a look at this video...

https://youtu.be/dO94riC82wE
Old 10-09-2015, 08:59 AM
jagdpanther9

holy %*&^! I take it you were able to turn off the gyro or that was one hairy flight!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:05 AM
zadeda

Привет, Спарки! Чем закончился полет?)
Old 10-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Killed by a toolbox. An unglorious end to a fine aircraft. I'm sure the next one will be good for at least 800 flights.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Response from Roy on tghe glass fuz

The glass fuse is made to order. BUT
We will not ship these overseas.
They always get damaged and the shipping cost is more then the part cost.

Seriously if it is packed well it won't get damaged. I have gotten kits including glass fuz from all over the world.

So looks like it would be a build up fuz unless I can get a glass one on shipped from the US somehow.

Yes Dave I hear you, he has som many projects already, don't get him started . . . .
Old 10-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

I had a gyro on rudder in a small Tf P40, had the gain slaved to retract channel. Retracts up gain goes to zero, effectively off. Worked well. I only used about 50% gain.

JR 460T I think it was.

My 1/4 scale SIG Cub has one too and I turn it off by a switch once I'm climbing out. Don't need the gyro but I like gadgets.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Похоже, инструментарий сбил его! Da!
Old 10-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Peter Oz,

Excellent idea slaving the gyro on the rudder to the retract channel. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

no worries mate.

that will be $126 plus GST, VISA, Master card or paypal accepted hehehe
Old 10-12-2015, 02:02 AM
mirored

Originally Posted by Peter_OZ
Response from Roy on tghe glass fuz

The glass fuse is made to order. BUT
We will not ship these overseas.
They always get damaged and the shipping cost is more then the part cost.

Seriously if it is packed well it won't get damaged. I have gotten kits including glass fuz from all over the world.

So looks like it would be a build up fuz unless I can get a glass one on shipped from the US somehow.

Yes Dave I hear you, he has som many projects already, don't get him started . . . .
I find that there is always a way to get what I want. Just because they won't ship it doesn't mean that nobody will. If they sell to someone close to them and can be picked up, maybe someone will offer up to re-package it and ship it to you. May be more costly, some risk, but you get what you want. Just an idea.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yes well If I had somebody who could organise that over on your side of the pond I might do that.

I did manage to do that for a friend several years ago to get a CJ spitfire fuz for a mate of mine here, took a lot of effort and string pulling by people who knew somebody who could do something. Cost $150 even back then. Hate to think what it would cost now.

Anyway will just have to dream about this one for the moment.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:28 AM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Originally Posted by sparky4lawndart
Hey guys... my nearly 400 flight FW190 was killed on the way back from the Warbirds over the Rockies event when the trailer came off the hitch at 70MPH. A toolbox started bouncing around and killed the fuse and wing... Last week I finished moving all the components to its replacement and instead of the DLE55RA I opted for the Saito FG60R3... I moved everything from the old airframe into the new one... including the JR gyro I had on the rudder... all servos in their same spots, etc.. What I didn't realize was the gain on the gyro in the old plane was way too high for this plane... take a look at this video...

https://youtu.be/dO94riC82wE

You only lost one bird? What happened to trailer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.