RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hangar 9 60cc Corsair

Old 11-15-2018, 04:24 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I'm building a second one due to an unfortunate incident with the first one. I bought the replacement over a year ago and am just now getting to it. You may already be aware that Horizon appears to be fazing this model out. Looking at their web site some of the replacement parts are no longer available. I liked the way the first one flew and was really enjoying it. I hope the second one flies as well.
I'm a air operated retract builder. I've seen too many issues with the electrics. It's too easy to bend that actuator screw.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:34 PM
Herc Pilot
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Electric retracts

I would recommend staying away from the electric retracts if possible. We went through 3 tail wheel actuators and had to send one of the mains in for getting stuck half way up. All this after only 18 flights and no bad landings. That coupled with being underpowered with the Evo, it's now been sitting in the attic for a couple of seasons. Got it back out last week and was thinking about a motor swap, but a Moki wont fit, lol.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Denfly31

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was hoping to get one before there gone, and it would be nice to have spare parts. Not sure if Fiberglass Specialties would make a cowl if needed. Looks like the TF Corsair will be in stock soon, I would like to run the 90r3 so I would have to get the larger cowl for the TF. Would like to see If Sierra makes a set of retracts for the H9. Thanks for the reply's, I appreciate it!
Old 11-15-2018, 08:28 PM
spitfire66

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I read on one of the forums, I canít remember which, that horizon is looking for a new manufacturer for this plane as the original went out of business. Who knows if itís wishful thinking. They did bring back the 20cc p47 so itís not that far off of the relm of possibilities. Iíd like to have part supply as I begin flying it.

Pneumatic gear sounds like the best idea to me. Iím hoping ecash comes around on tower next week. If not Iíll order with the super saver discount.

Iím anxious to see how this engine combo goes. The flyinggiants dj72 forum has great reviews, videos, and prop numbers. I think it will work well with less vibration than the 80/85cc engines per the forum due to a Shorter stroke and bigger bore. I pinned the firewall and used a tube of hysol today on every accessible joint of the inside of the fuselage. Iíll may start the wing tomorrow.

Last edited by spitfire66; 11-15-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:37 AM
mirored
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Denfly31 View Post
I was hoping to get one before there gone, and it would be nice to have spare parts. Not sure if Fiberglass Specialties would make a cowl if needed. Looks like the TF Corsair will be in stock soon, I would like to run the 90r3 so I would have to get the larger cowl for the TF. Would like to see If Sierra makes a set of retracts for the H9. Thanks for the reply's, I appreciate it!
Sierra does make a set, I have two of them (yes, planes and retracts). Darrell doesn't always keep them in stock, but he had them when I needed them.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Denfly31

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes I see that Seagull Models makes a few of the H9 models maybe they will pick up the Corsair and P-51.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:24 AM
spitfire66

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are the Sierra's for the Corsair the same as the Hellcat? Did he ever change the mounting rail to make it longer to fit the length of the mount? All the pics I've seen are of older installations.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:53 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Denfly31 View Post
Yes I see that Seagull Models makes a few of the H9 models maybe they will pick up the Corsair and P-51.
What do you mean they make a few of the H9 models?

They have a 60cc Corsair but unless the defunct factory sold their drawings to another factory I would think its just another 60 size Corsair.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:48 AM
spitfire66

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Horizon/Hangar 9 still owns all the rights to the airplanes. They contract factories over in Asia to produce the planes. The factory they contracted to went out of business and shutdown. Horizon will therefore have to look for a new factory to resume manufacturing or let it go by the wayside. This is what they did with the 20cc P-47 with a few updates and different scheme.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:30 AM
Denfly31

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
What do you mean they make a few of the H9 models?

They have a 60cc Corsair but unless the defunct factory sold their drawings to another factory I would think its just another 60 size Corsair.
Looking at Seagull Models on there Facebook page, there are H9 Arfs in the Pictures, 30cc stick, 10cc stick And a few more. The 20cc P-51 I just bought has there address on the box I believe? So Iím thinking there building Planes for Horizon? Get what your saying they would have to start from scratch without plans for the 60cc Corsair. Also see that Phoenix Models has a 60cc Corsair, actually doesnít look to bad and comes with air retracts.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:40 PM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello folks...
selling my Hangar 9 Corsair.
if you know anyone interested check it out in the for sale page.
thanks
Old 12-07-2018, 10:03 AM
TJC333

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hangar 9's website now says this plane is no longer available.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Denfly31

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by TJC333 View Post
Hangar 9's website now says this plane is no longer available.
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the H9 Corsair. Interesting thing was when I pressed place order, I later went on the site and it showed no longer available. Info from HH says they are done and don't have a plan to find another manufacturer. The H9 60cc P-51 will be around for awhile as it is still imn production. Looks like there's still a few Corsairs around at some smaller online retailers though.