Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

my mini lst

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 AM
trdcorolla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my mini lst

ORIGINAL: AlexGT

I found this video on google about the MLST is it that good out of the box or did the guy do something to it, what do u think.

AlexGT

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...871&q=mini+lst

I'd say that thing is still stock.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Firefreak373

i wouldnt say its stock it made that jump with ease,
Old 12-06-2005, 03:31 PM
oldshoolclod

deffo more than stock. out the box they are pretty quick for an out-of-the-box kit, but i recon he at least has the upraded motors in it.....................
Old 12-06-2005, 04:22 PM
trdcorolla

Or maybe lipos?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Firefreak373

maby the insane 370s
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Bruno

What kind of AON motor did you get?

Bruno
ORIGINAL: trdcorolla

Got my aon!!! Will be testing shortly stay tuned!!!

Does anyone have any experience with the venom speed meter? Thinking of getting it so I can post some definate numbers and not guess.

[link=http://venom-racing.com/products/electronics/vsm/index.htm]Venom Speed Meter[/link]
Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: Bruno

What kind of AON motor did you get?

Bruno
ORIGINAL: trdcorolla

Got my aon!!! Will be testing shortly stay tuned!!!

Does anyone have any experience with the venom speed meter? Thinking of getting it so I can post some definate numbers and not guess.

[link=http://venom-racing.com/products/electronics/vsm/index.htm]Venom Speed Meter[/link]
I picked up the AON Thrust Series T2415-4900.

Their website is www.aonelectric.com
Old 12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
vidaparacristo

I guess what i'm really after is what kind of numbers is the AON 4900 gonna put out...what about the AOn5800?? Or would you run into cogging issues...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Capgun_Slim

I just ordered a set of larger aftermarket anodized hubs, anodized mod motor plate, and Hyperion YC-22 6000kv motor/Mamba 25. Should be fun. I don't even have the MLST in my hands yet. Should be here today or tomarrow I think. Now I just have to wait for Losi to come out with that spool and stronger diff, and driveshaft pinions.

BTW has anyone had the problem with the Losi hubs making the tire go out of round or warbly, due to the factory mistake of the hubs being to small for the rims? I read this somewhere.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Firefreak373

no they mis molded hem you can call them and theyll send you new ones i just bought a set of 4 for like 3 bucks, so it wasnt worth it to me. but its alot nicer with good ones
Old 12-07-2005, 07:38 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: vidaparacristo

I guess what i'm really after is what kind of numbers is the AON 4900 gonna put out...what about the AOn5800?? Or would you run into cogging issues...

Well I'm still waiting for my gears to come in, everywhere I looked (lhs and online) have them listed as out of stock. I really need that spool losi is working on so I can definately get some accurate readings (becase there is some bias in the center diff). Im also looking into that venom speed meter to get real numbers. Has anyone have any experience with the venom speed meter?

As for the aon 5800, I doubt it'll have some cogging issues because these motors arent the tiny 180 motor sizes, so they should have more than enough torque.

But I should also mention that I'm also waiting for pinions to arrive to I can try different gear ratios, being that the aon 4900 has so much torque I can try to gear it higher to achieve a higher top end. So stay tuned....

ALRIGHT!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM
pedester 99

Im also looking into that venom speed meter to get real numbers. Has anyone have any experience with the venom speed meter?
in the bigger trucks like revo's or savages the speed meters aren't as accurate as gps becuase they don't factor in tire ballooning at high speed. I have never seen a micro run so i am not sure if their tires balloon or not, other wise if you set them up right they should be relatively accurate. Also i am not sure if you guys test speed with gps or not ie: if it adds to much weight.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tires can also balloon on minis--that's one reason my Xray M18 has foams.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: pedester 99

Im also looking into that venom speed meter to get real numbers. Has anyone have any experience with the venom speed meter?
in the bigger trucks like revo's or savages the speed meters aren't as accurate as gps becuase they don't factor in tire ballooning at high speed. I have never seen a micro run so i am not sure if their tires balloon or not, other wise if you set them up right they should be relatively accurate. Also i am not sure if you guys test speed with gps or not ie: if it adds to much weight.

Thanks for the info. The micro tires do balloon, especially with bl motors.

Got a link to the gps? I'm kind of on a budget so dont want to go over board. Especially I'm not a racer I'm just a basher.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Capgun_Slim

ORIGINAL: vidaparacristo

Cogging can be fixed by programming the ESC via-phoenix link firmware. Also, since these brushless motors crave power, a 3 cell lipo will fix your cogging problem.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:56 AM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

I have used a Garmin Etrex GPS to trap top speed on my nitros... I just zip tie it on and trap the top speed. But it may be just a bit to heavy for the 1/18th scale for an accurate reading.
I did a test with the stock motors and I got 15.4, but Xtreme Rc Cars rated the MLST at 16.1. So the weight takes away alomst 1mph. But either way it will let me know "how much" any mods add based off of the starting MPH. I have not tested top speed with the Insane motors I mounted on... it is too cold and last night we got an ice storm... hopefully I can on Saturday.

[link=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00003WGP5/103-2904597-5669427?v=glance&n=172282]link to GPS on amazon[/link]
Old 12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
trdcorolla

Thanks for all the info guys! Now I've got one more question.

1. When the tires balloon, will it give a faster or slower reading?

ALRIGHT!
Old 12-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Firefreak373

i have a cheap gps but in the open it gives very acruate readings and it weighs less hen 8 oz.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:23 PM
pedester 99

1. When the tires balloon, will it give a faster or slower reading?
faster, the tires get bigger so they will travel more distance in one rotation, so if the ballooning tire is turning the same speed as a smaller tire they will go faster. Also, i am not sure if any of you guys over here have heard about this but on the bigger trucks people use duct tape to keep tires from ballooning, they will put the tape on the inside of the tire and it is supposed to keep them from balloning, and from what i hear it works like a charm. It should work on micro's as well. here is a link on how to do it on the bigger trucks(it'll be the exact same on micro's) [link=http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/tire-taping/g-taping-tires.asp]taping the tires[/link]
Old 12-08-2005, 05:28 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Yes, taping the tires works well. Take note that when jumping the car, this will mess your average speed up, because the tires spin freely through the air, and if you hold the throttle while holding the car off the ground, you can max out the speed.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:03 PM
trdcorolla

Ok in the mlst case, the front tires would spin faster than the rear during hard acclerations due to the center diff. So would it be safe to place the venom speed meter on the rear end because it spins slower (there is some power transfer bias, if you were to have the mlst rear wheels on the ground and lift the front ones in the air and give it full throttle the rear wont move and the front spins like crazy!) The way I look at it is, its better to say something is at a slower speed when in acutality its faster than to claim something is faster when its really slower?

LMK what you guys think.

Nitropower got a link to your CHEAP gps?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

trdcorolla - I agree with you. Better to under rate than over do it and not be able to really product the results.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: R_man_5k

trdcorolla - I agree with you. Better to under rate than over do it and not be able to really product the results.

ALRIGHT!!! Anyone else? Thanks R_man so looks like I'm getting the venom speed meter! Now can anyone help me with the diff gears? LOSI hurry up!!!

Old 12-08-2005, 09:24 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

yeah. put the magnet on the spur gear, not on the tires. this will give you a more accurate reading
Old 12-08-2005, 10:12 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

yeah. put the magnet on the spur gear, not on the tires. this will give you a more accurate reading
Spur gear? Is that possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.