Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL TeamVTX Truggy/Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL TeamVTX Truggy/Buggy Thread

I figured i would open a thread to eliminate all the other smaller nonsense threads. I have bought and recieved the "truggy" version today and here is my review upon opening it.
Pictures will come later.

-----

I recieved the truggy today. First impression pulling it out of the box was WOW it just seemed like a larger scale briliantly scaled down, and seeing all the silver alloy was very EYE appealing to say the least.specialy the polished header and pipe i loved. ONE thing i noticed is the play in the steering but i bought the vulcan its the same thing on that as well. because of the alloy not fitting as snug as the plastic versions. BOTH still very nice cars i just thought the VTX is a better deal in my opinion! BUT the irc customer support is very good as well!

the front and rear shock towers are very thick not sure on the mm but i wanna say almsot 3mm, the motor seems to pack some compression as well.

LOOKS MORE LIKE THE NEXT BUT SIMILAR TO THE VULCAN SE ETC.... now the advantage buying the vtx cars are for $229 buggy u get the upgraded 2 speed, Metal difs, and all the alloy and polished header and pipe for almost same price as the regular vulcan rc. it seems like a steal to me! the vulcan se doesnt even come with the 2speed etc.. and its well over $325

also the motor says .06 and after talking to a tech at TEAM vtx he said the vtx version packs a little more punch then the vulcans motor. They .05 so i dunno if thats anyones marketing plan to say 06 etc...

I know alot of people question the quality alloy used. but we are not talking a $500 car either most of the time the alloy upgrades u buy from places like ebay etc are no better , SOME may be and they will state that. but for the most part the vulcan and the vtx buggies look very decent to me. but the vtx was a better dollar value etc...

Next i will break it in and run it and see how things go!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Irlsh

Default RE: OFFICIAL TeamVTX Truggy/Buggy Thread

After reviewing the buggies side by side comparison. the VTX truggy looks more like the trinity NEXT being a truggy version,

In my opnion still the vtx is the bargain deal out of the bunch. the next does look good as well. and the .095 motor is suposed to pack alot more punch and claiming the largest displacment of power in a 1.16 scale.

after now owning both the vulcan SE and the truggy i just got today im not sure i will have to buy the next but if most of you know me i might just have to just to test it out lol..

but for the VTX the advatages as far as getting more for your buck are as followed..

the alloy upgrades
metal dif gears
2 speed tranny
polished pipe and header
alloy shocks (vulcan rtr non SE) doesnt have,

Old 11-11-2006, 04:44 AM
skimfisher

Thanks for the review. I'd really like to hear how it performs after you break it in and run it.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:39 PM
irenaslavo

Another thanks for your review.... you highlight important point added to the steel diff and 2 gear, PRICE ...we believe Vulcan SE are over priced but they was the first offering 1/16 nitro then we all buy it .
I hope VTX didn’t have same steering servos or 2 speed gear in Vulcan which if anyone is lucky spur gear last for 5 min.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Irlsh

They offer a metal spur gear as well... i will be breaking it in tomarrow. and put some pics up..
Old 11-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Irlsh

Here it is sitting with the nt18 and the rc18t didnt have good light in here. but ill get better pics up later but you can def see the size comparison, the truggy is a tad longer and wider then the vulcan btw... they tell you that on the site to..

And just to add that the truggy is actually like a 1 1/2 inch wider then the buggy version...

Old 11-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Irlsh

Ok in this picture you can see how much wider the front end "arms" are on the truggy compared to the vulcan front end "buggy" version see pic below..
Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Irlsh

Ok here is my review of the truggy after 3 tanks of break in. firstly, the engine seems to pack (to much of my surprise) a great punch! it is not so quiet sounds more like a .10-.12 engine. with the help of the header i'm sure. but it feels like a larger scale when you apply gas. NOW the most impressive thing is THE motor IS NOT LEAKING ANYTHING yet even after 3 tanks. either im getting lucky or it will come later. but I do know my x-ray nt18 motor hasn't started leaking even after 25 tanks I ran so that has impressed me that it is not leaking yet! even my vulcanSE is leaking minimal! here are couple pics after 3 tanks of break in. the only thing leaking is the oil after burn coming out of the tube from the breather on the pipe. which is no big deal at all notice how dry the chassis is with no residue. im very impressed with this truggy so far, the only thing I noticed for a RTR setup i.e. stock radio and servos etc. the turning radius was a bit weak but im sure with a little tweaking I can work on that!,

The Bad = make sure you either tighten or put some thread lock on the screws that go into alloy. this happens on alot of alloy parts they can vibrate loose. i had the front left hub lower screw vibrate loose luckily i caught before it came all the way out. that would have ruined my fun tryn to find that screw and resest washer etc..

The Good= It started RIGHT up after i got fuel in the line and in the carb. 2 pulls and it was running it was colder out so i had to turn the idle up on radio to get it warm BUt it didnt die any of the 3 tanks i ran. ofcourse after breakin prolly a good idea to change the plug.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:10 AM
andrewtexas123

I need a vid of this puppy!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Irlsh

Ill do a vid couple days etc...

So I made some changes. the receiver box on the VTX truggy is downside and since it isn't a close box I wanted to change it so what I did was
order the trinity NEXT radio receiver box, and it wasn't a direct fit in obvious etc. so here is what I did.

I got the box. marked off the new holes from the NEXT box. 3 of 4 holes will only be used since 1 will overlap the hole in the chassis.

so once I marked the holes I drilled them and installed the box after the box was installed I then realized that the throttle servo wire was to short to reach the location of the receiver while in the box. so then I had to reverse the servo and adjust the servo horn and linkage to set it.

after those 2 things I now have the trinity's NEXT radio box installed and not only serves better purpose of being a sealed box but also looks better then the original VTX box which wasn't really a box but a cover that went over the battery and receiver . not very secure etc.

so here are the pictures of the screw holes I had to make and the box installed. I also bought the rear bumper and installed it on the VTX with no modification and its also larger to help from getting bumped from behind etc...

total the parts were $7 (very cheap and well needed MOD)
$3.99 for the receiver box
$2.99 for the rear bumper

(YELLOW arrow indicates the new holes)

(here is a picture of the old box which was just a molded plastic cover that sat ontop..

Old 11-18-2006, 12:54 PM
andrewtexas123

I really want a video! (Still wating)
Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I just ordered my VTX today, I cannot wait till it comes
Old 11-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Irlsh

Awsome, did you order the buggy or truggy? its preety good the only thing is make sure you check all your screws that thread into alloy they will losen the first time also the 2 speed will be adjusted at high rpm switch. rfer back to team vtx forum for help if u need to!

www.teamvtx.com
Old 12-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Irlsh

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

I just ordered my VTX today, I cannot wait till it comes

Well? you get it yet? POST up some info or pics/videos :P
Old 12-20-2006, 08:31 AM
evilrs4guy

Actually the Schumacher Rascal has the largest displacement for a 1/16 scale. It comes with an .18. I'm getting one for Christmas and I can't wait. Nice looking VTX-MTS tho. I really like all the alloy hop ups that it comes with.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43882.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	580645  
Old 12-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Irlsh

ORIGINAL: evilrs4guy

Actually the Schumacher Rascal has the largest displacement for a 1/16 scale. It comes with an .18. I'm getting one for Christmas and I can't wait. Nice looking VTX-MTS tho. I really like all the alloy hop ups that it comes with.

yea that rascal prolly fast etc.. but i didnt want a 2wd buggy and something that was legal for 1/16th class racing which that is not.. but if your just bashing and like 2wd thats cool!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
UNITED RC

This Thread is Great!!!

I am considering the truggy as well......I was going to wait for the CRT .5 to come out...but know one can give me an estimated date.

For $240, you cant beat it! Especially after I put FM RX in it.....

Anyone one know of any good upgrades or future upgrades for it?

URC
Old 12-27-2006, 04:40 PM
UNITED RC

Well..I just ordered the Truggy version from RC-nation.com. $220 delivered to my door.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Dokioto

This truggy looks awesome! It dose look very similar to the NEXT.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
UNITED RC

IMO, Trinity did a VERY CRAPPY job of designing the body...the front looks horrible. I think it was the same designer who did the Itsy spider. Overall...the TVX body and "under the body" looks the most impressive from everthing i have seen that is "released".

URC
Old 01-16-2007, 09:15 PM
stewtheman

This truggy is an absolute blast! I was a little worried about the power of the engine but this thing is pretty fast! I was also very impressed with how well it handles. I just haven't figured out how to shift into second gear yet. Could anyone help with that?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
1badmaro

Wow you are lucky my motor is leaking out of the front bearing bad. Its very messy and making it hard to tune. Looks like i will have to replace the front bearing. is this hard to do? Does the whole motor have to come apart?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:35 PM
1badmaro

Had the same problem with mine. I made the mistake of turning the adjustment screw all the way in and that pushed the check ball into the spring. So I had to take the whole 2spd apart to fix it. So what you want to do is turn the set screw out till it stops then turn it in a 1/2 turn at a time (this worked for me) till the shift point is were you like it. More info can be found at www.teamvtx.com forum in the FQA. hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:35 PM
UNITED RC

Everyone,

I just installed the Trinity .095 Drake Motor...fits like a glove! Waiting on some fuel tubing so I can break it in.

I will let you know how it goes and the increase in performance.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
-Inverted-

While your waiting for some fuel tubing send me out a Krystal, I need one to do a beta test with!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.