Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:27 AM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

ORIGINAL: KRO

The GPM chassis is pretty crappy , the front end will eventually loosen up and the holes where it mounts too the carbon fiber elongate , save your money and go brushless !
Price to get 18T brushless
MIP CVD’s (2) @ 20 per pair $40
Mamaba Performance @ $110 $110
MIP super diffs (2) @ $15 $30
GRAND FREEKY TOTAL $180

Old 03-19-2008, 01:33 AM
hollylx88

hey guys, sorry if this came up already, but i don't think i saw it here. anyways, steering slop. my 18mt's got a lot. it seems to be mostly the servo saver. i thought i remember seeing somewhere that this was a common thing or even came factory kinda loose. i'd like to tighten it up though, so what are some good steering upgrades? its a completely stock steering system.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: hollylx88

hey guys, sorry if this came up already, but i don't think i saw it here. anyways, steering slop. my 18mt's got a lot. it seems to be mostly the servo saver. i thought i remember seeing somewhere that this was a common thing or even came factory kinda loose. i'd like to tighten it up though, so what are some good steering upgrades? its a completely stock steering system.
dp draglink and metal servo saver bands[8D]
Old 03-20-2008, 12:29 AM
calvino

ok, biggg delema here, after talkin to one of the dudes at my LHS (geetin parts, ya know, hard to go in there with out strikin up a conversation ) and he says the 18B is wayyy better than the MT and the T, ok, I have an MT converted T, but want to know wether I should make it a buggy or not, here is the thingie, I don't bash that much, I do like to jump (3'+ aprox on the street) our track is slightly rocky, but mostly loose soil, and it is "backyard racing", since i am getting a reedy 19T motor for my truck, I was wondering if I should do the conversion or not , anyone got a price guess as well, I have proline dirt hawgz (save them maybe for bashing, sell, I have no clue), here is what I would need
shell
wing
wing mounts
tires (narrow and wide)
rims (narrow and wide)
new shock towers (sell the RPM ones I am getting and get the RPM buggy ones)
new top plate to mount shell on

ok, anyone got a price idea on that?????

just currious, posted it ok, biggg delema here, after talkin to one of the dudes at my LHS (geetin parts, ya know, hard to go in there with out strikin up a conversation ) and he says the 18B is wayyy better than the MT and the T, ok, I have an MT converted T, but want to know wether I should make it a buggy or not, here is the thingie, I don't bash that much, I do like to jump (3'+ aprox on the street) our track is slightly rocky, but mostly loose soil, and it is "backyard racing", since i am getting a reedy 19T motor for my truck, I was wondering if I should do the conversion or not , anyone got a price guess as well, I have proline dirt hawgz (save them maybe for bashing, sell, I have no clue), here is what I would need
shell
wing
wing mounts
tires (narrow and wide)
rims (narrow and wide)

ok, biggg delema here, after talkin to one of the dudes at my LHS (geetin parts, ya know, hard to go in there with out strikin up a conversation ) and he says the 18B is wayyy better than the MT and the T, ok, I have an MT converted T, but want to know wether I should make it a buggy or not, here is the thingie, I don't bash that much, I do like to jump (3'+ aprox on the street) our track is slightly rocky, but mostly loose soil, and it is "backyard racing", since i am getting a reedy 19T motor for my truck, I was wondering if I should do the conversion or not , anyone got a price guess as well, I have proline dirt hawgz (save them maybe for bashing, sell, I have no clue), here is what I would need
shell
wing
wing mounts
tires (narrow and wide)
rims (narrow and wide)

or is a buggy a bad idea???
Old 03-20-2008, 03:18 PM
patatchim

@calvino

Have you seen the conversion pdf that´s on the team associated site?
From the t to b there are only 6 parts that you need to change. Two of them are wheels...
I don´t think its an expensive conversion.
the rc18b doesn´t have to much ground clearance...

I have the r18b with the sp19 motor from reedy. Save your money and buy a brushless system. I bash a lot in dirt, cleaning the motor sucks!!!
You do notice performance changing after 3 or 4 runs.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:43 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: patatchim

@calvino

Have you seen the conversion pdf that´s on the team associated site?
From the t to b there are only 6 parts that you need to change. Two of them are wheels...
I don´t think its an expensive conversion.
the rc18b doesn´t have to much ground clearance...

I have the r18b with the sp19 motor from reedy. Save your money and buy a brushless system. I bash a lot in dirt, cleaning the motor sucks!!!
You do notice performance changing after 3 or 4 runs.
eh, Ill see, I like to take things in "stages" aka, get what I need when i need it, if it doesn't have the power i want, I can sell it to my sister, keep it or get a b-less, goin to check assocated for conversion[8D]
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 PM
bladeCX1464

I have the rc18t. i have the 8000kv mamba brushless and some aluminum. i have it set up for road and put a lipo battery in it and it will go unbelievably fast. i might also convert to buggy. but i custom make some of the parts. i made a rear shock tower and it can take so much. if it bends, i just bend it back. works great
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 PM
KRO

I think its a waste of money too convert too a buggy , why not buy hop ups on the way too a brushless system ?

Maybe do MIP super diffs and CVD's ? Then after a while get the brushless system .
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
calvino

I think its a waste of money too convert too a buggy , why not buy hop ups on the way too a brushless system ?

Maybe do MIP super diffs and CVD's ? Then after a while get the brushless system .
eh, me duno, ya, I am spendin to much money on this truck, now I am lookin at a DX2 (for it and another car, if I have $$$ to get one)
Old 03-20-2008, 11:21 PM
kryznic

just picked up one of these trucks tonight for my pops. this thing looks awesome. I am gonna "test it" and make sure everything works properly before I give it to him just in case so I dont have to drive alllllllll the way up to him to pick it up and alllllllllll the way back to return it. yea.........that's what i'm doin [>:]
Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
KRO

Just be careful with the rear diff , no forward to reverse wheelies !
Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 PM
calvino

RC18B FT Radio and Servo Combo $193
XPS ESC $50
DP Draglink $10
DP Gear Cover $13
Metal Diff Gears (2 pr.) $28
Total $284!!!!!!!!

RC18T $140
F & R AL shocks $24
Metal Diff gears (F & R) $28
DP Draglink (in mail) $10
DP Gear Cover $13
Steel Turnbuckles $8
Metal Servo Saver Bands $6
RPM towers and Arms $27
Total $256

my truck (bottom) vs the FT one[>:], kinda wish I got kit
Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 PM
kryznic

haha, thanks for the tip. Funny I had to read it a couple times to make sure I got what you were saying. I would never have thought about doing a wheelie that way. lol

Is there any weak points or parts I should expect my pop to be calling me a about that may break or are low quality to begin with? I figure I get some stuff before hand to keep him going.

I was thinking about a nice front bumper cuz no doubt its gonna hit some shiz. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

-chris
Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: kryznic

haha, thanks for the tip. Funny I had to read it a couple times to make sure I got what you were saying. I would never have thought about doing a wheelie that way. lol

Is there any weak points or parts I should expect my pop to be calling me a about that may break or are low quality to begin with? I figure I get some stuff before hand to keep him going.

I was thinking about a nice front bumper cuz no doubt its gonna hit some shiz. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

-chris
um, bumbr ya, gear cover so he doesn't say "why is my car clicking), metal diff gears, and a whole lota guts to watch him go "blindly" crash into stuff
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
kryznic

lol this should be fun. we've both had old tamiya's from back in the day so shouldnt be THAT bad. But I've broken my Mini and Micro Baja enough lately. it sucks
Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 AM
patatchim

@kryznic

I have tamiya, well a copy, a hbx bonzer, but since it broke almost all parts and i replaced it with tamiya parts, it´s now a tlo1b with monster truck wheels.

I must say that i like the rc18b, bought it two months ago and no part broke... I race it almost everyday, 4 times a day
Old 03-21-2008, 12:29 AM
kryznic

no thats what I like to hear, I've heard many people say they have race the RC18's regularly and have not broken anything. good stuff there.

and I love Tamiya stuff. It is what I grew up on and I just saw that 350 high lift Ford and my jaw hit the floor. That is my next serious RC.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:42 AM
KRO

If you leave it stock it should last quite a few runs before you have to start fixing and modding it .

The stock charger is pretty weak , might want to look into a Losi Mini Peak charger . Its cheap and mine works great for a 20 dollar wall charger .
Old 03-21-2008, 01:03 AM
patatchim

If you´re really into electric R/c i think should buy a good charger.
It will allow you to run different batteries types, also taking propper care of your batteries.

oh can anyone tell me how to post pictures here? I´ve recorded a 10min run with a e-logger
Old 03-21-2008, 01:06 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: patatchim

If you´re really into electric R/c i think should buy a good charger.
It will allow you to run different batteries types, also taking propper care of your batteries.

oh can anyone tell me how to post pictures here? I´ve recorded a 10min run with a e-logger
pics, there is a button "Click here to upload images and files!" and it shows you all the rest[8D], I am kinda considerin da buggy mod and kinda not??? hard to say, bummr i got the T towers instead of the B towers (better try and brake them so i can have em replaced at my LHS[8D])
Old 03-21-2008, 01:24 AM
patatchim

@calvino : thanks!!! i always use the fast reply :S

I´m using the stock battery (7.2v 1.1A), xps esc and the sp19. I´m not quit sure, but i think its a 13t pinion and 55t spur gear.

The recommend gear for this motor is 14/60 but i haven't bought the gears yet... it should reduce the current draw!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84561.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	909220  
Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 AM
kryznic

If you leave it stock it should last quite a few runs before you have to start fixing and modding it .

The stock charger is pretty weak , might want to look into a Losi Mini Peak charger . Its cheap and mine works great for a 20 dollar wall charger .
this was one thing I was concerned with. Knowing that I can use my Losi Mini Peak is a relief, its a good charger for 20 bucks. Just gotta get an extra battery for him now. Thnking one of those hopped up jobbies from cheapbatteries.com
Old 03-21-2008, 07:48 PM
bladeCX1464

before the rc18b came out, i had the rc18t and i installed a fin on the back. this did wonders for the handling. especially when i added the 8000kv mamba and lipo. only problem is, what body and servo should i use? i go through servers like i do helicopter blades
Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 PM
patatchim

@bladeCX1464:

check this post: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7247505/tm.htm[/link]
Old 03-21-2008, 08:59 PM
bladeCX1464

okay thank you. i decided i will go with the HS-65MG(metal gears) has anyone here used a metal gear servo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.