Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:13 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Very cool Rally Joecool!!! Keep us updated on how it performs. I did read where once the tires get a little wear they grip better. I was thinking they would be great with some Road Rage tires or something with some good street tread...iono??? There is a thread for the new Rally and one for the new Mini-Summit. If you haven't seen them already.

Also let me know feiago motor you have in your Merv. My VXL is running so darn hot with the MMP. That's one run on a 2S lipo. So if this new motor runs cooler that would be great.

I've on the other hand have got rid of all my beadlocks and went back to glueing my tires/wheels. I haven't had any problems. I did notice the tires I had on my beadlocks were a synch to glue because they were already preformed.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 AM
honda2237

Wait they make a mini summit now? i didn't know that. It sucks that the MMP are causing the motors to get hot, but i can see why. I think feiago tend to run hotter, but yet if its bigger than the vxl it probably will be better.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:22 AM
gforce2448

Yeah there is an officialthread for the Mini Summit already.It's not very impressive. It's basically a Merv with bigger tires and a Summit body. Unfortunately it doesn't have locking diffs or working lighting system like the bigger Summit. You can basically turn your Merv into one real easy without buying the Mini-Summit. They are closer in comparison than the Mini-Slash and Mini-Rally are.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
gforce2448

Hey, you know how alot of us have put front rocker arms on the rear of our Mervs to help the rear suspension. From the pics of the Mini-Summit, they have the longer rocker all the way around as well.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:36 AM
honda2237

ya that isn't too impressive, its cool looking but like you said, not really that different from the merv. I wish they would have actually made it exactly like the summit, that would have been cool.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

Hey guys. I'll try to answer all the comments recently posted: first the feiago motor I have is supposedly better than their older versions. The rc guy that sells them and special made lipos told me they run much cooler in the 1/16 class, especially with a better esc than the stock vxl. I will find out if it's true or not. I'll make sure to run it through a series of tests with my MMP and different lipos.

Second, the gladiators seem like they will do great in an offroad environment. I need to master tire glueing before I go back to glueing. I hate the weight of beadlocks, but everytime I try glueing, I go the sparingly route and it doesn't create a good enough seal, so then I try more glue and it results in too much glue.

Third, the rally is nice and alot fun already; but you can easily convert a mini slash or e revo to the rally. It does handle better with it's suspension, shocks and wheels than our merv's do. I will keep you posted on it's success as I drive it more. You can see my reports in the official Traxxas rally thread.

I can't wait to see the different bodies they will release for the rally. There's already a new boss 302 mustang body.

Fourth, I too am disappointed in the mini summit. Traxxas is going overboard with this 1/16 chassis design and applying it to everything. Next will be the mini e maxx. Noooooo.

Joe
Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM
honda237

I actually suggested an mini e-maxx, but have it based off the actual e-maxx chassis.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:32 PM
J0EC00L

I would agree with you Honda. A true mini e maxx; but Traxxas would use the merv platform as they did with the slash and rally.

I like the rally and the slash... But I would have liked a true slash mini just like the mini e revo is a true mini sized e revo
Old 10-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Krazy Chicken

the mini slash is basically a mini slayer but electric. they should have called it the mini e-slayer
ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

I would agree with you Honda. A true mini e maxx; but Traxxas would use the merv platform as they did with the slash and rally.

I like the rally and the slash... But I would have liked a true slash mini just like the mini e revo is a true mini sized e revo
Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
J0EC00L

Actually, the mini slash is just a mini e revo with different wheels, arms, shocks and driveshafts. It is not based of the larger successful 1/10 slash.

The chassis of the E Revo was such a huge success they decided to copy it in a smaller version and created the mini e revo vxl. It was more cost effective to male the slash from the mini e revo than to design a true scaled down version of slash.

I have a feeling Traxxas will continue to use the 1/16 chassis duet its huge success and how it saves them money in the longrun.

You'll all see when there are 5 different models all
Based on the same chassis.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Krazy Chicken

it isn't based off the slash at all. it is the mini e-revo, but the slash doesn't have the shocks like they are on the mini, the slayer has shocks like that.

Actually, the mini slash is just a mini e revo with different wheels, arms, shocks and driveshafts. It is not based of the larger successful 1/10 slash.

The chassis of the E Revo was such a huge success they decided to copy it in a smaller version and created the mini e revo vxl. It was more cost effective to male the slash from the mini e revo than to design a true scaled down version of slash.

I have a feeling Traxxas will continue to use the 1/16 chassis duet its huge success and how it saves them money in the longrun.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:43 AM
crunchNmunch

Don't worry, he won't get it no matter how you try and put it. He's into the more toy-RCs anyway, so doesn't really get it.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:29 PM
J0EC00L

Krazy chicken, I think were going in circles making the same point. The mini slash is NOT a miniature slash, but is a mini e revo with different suspension and wheels.

Ok onto a new subject. Guys, don't know if you knew RPM finally listened to us; but they have finally made the axle carriers/hubs we were wanting and they are made of their high quality plastic that's lighter than alum and even lighter than stock, but still manage to be tougher and more durable. I ordered a set of the red ones and will let y'all know how they fare. A set of 4 cost me 20.00!

Since the rally is basically a merv, these should also fit on it - I will install them on the merv though to test them out first.

You can find them on cheapbay right now.

Joe
Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
crunchNmunch

Exactly, I don't know what krazy's ranting on about.
Even the 1/10th slash wasn't a new vehicle, as they just basically bolted different wheels/tires and a SC body on an existing platform.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:39 AM
brianjskora

Joe, thanks for info on hubs, going to order some now
Old 10-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Krazy Chicken

sorry double post.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: Krazy Chicken

i guess you dont get my point. look at the slayer under body, then compare it to the mini slash, and you should see why i think they messed up the name. the slayer is based of the revo, the mini slash is based off the mini revo. hence my point.

Krazy chicken, I think were going in circles making the same point. The mini slash is NOT a miniature slash, but is a mini e revo with different suspension and wheels.

Ok onto a new subject. Guys, don't know if you knew RPM finally listened to us; but they have finally made the axle carriers/hubs we were wanting and they are made of their high quality plastic that's lighter than alum and even lighter than stock, but still manage to be tougher and more durable. I ordered a set of the red ones and will let y'all know how they fare. A set of 4 cost me 20.00!

Since the rally is basically a merv, these should also fit on it - I will install them on the merv though to test them out first.

You can find them on cheapbay right now.

Joe
Old 10-24-2010, 04:07 PM
J0EC00L

Krazy Chicken... I get your point! I too am SAYING THAT THE MINI SLASH IS BASED OF THE MINI E-REVO - WE ALL KNOW THAT! But I see what you mean about the Slayer - They should have called the Mini Slash, the Mini Slayer. I wish they would have made the Mini Slash a true Mini Slash like the bigger slash.

Ok I am about to post my videos of the Rally. The wife is recording with our point and shoot Sony Camera, so it's not HD quality, but it gets the point across. I did a run with 2S and 3S; but, never could get to top speed with the 3S.

Rally on 2S Lipo - [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ixdD9mOuw[/youtube]

Rally on 3S Lipo - [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ah3JbIxM8[/youtube]

Joe
Old 10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
J0EC00L

Heres some more runs with the Rally

2S Lipo - [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbrpROoZHdM[/youtube]

3S Lipo - [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGVYu2KvRNI[/youtube]
Old 10-24-2010, 05:20 PM
crunchNmunch

Krazy Chicken... I get your point! I too am SAYING THAT THE MINI SLASH IS BASED OF THE MINI E-REVO - WE ALL KNOW THAT! But I see what you mean about the Slayer - They should have called the Mini Slash, the Mini Slayer. I wish they would have made the Mini Slash a true Mini Slash like the bigger slash.
Joe
They sold a zillion-kabillion Slashes, 15 or 20 Slayers, and thus it seems they were trying to play off the popularity of the Slash along with taking advantage of the inherent abilities of 4wd over 2wd. At the same time not having to design a new 2wdtruck from the ground up, that might have not been any more popular than the less-than-stellar reception the 4wd MiniSlash, which would have been cost prohibitive and potentially have been a sales fiasco.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Krazy Chicken

both mini slash and mini erevo were released at the same time.
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch

Joe
They sold a zillion-kabillion Slashes, 15 or 20 Slayers, and thus it seems they were trying to play off the popularity of the Slash along with taking advantage of the inherent abilities of 4wd over 2wd. At the same time not having to design a new 2wdtruck from the ground up, that might have not been any more popular than the less-than-stellar reception the 4wd MiniSlash, which would have been cost prohibitive and potentially have been a sales fiasco.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
crunchNmunch

Um, no. Try again.
Still has nothing to do with my statement.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Krazy Chicken

they were both designed and released at the same time. but you haven't been around long enough to know that.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they were both designed and released at the same time. but you haven't been around long enough to know that.
Agree my MERV manual has both a slash and e-revo on it, along with layouts of both in the same book
Old 10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
crunchNmunch

I've been around long enough to know how to adjust a ball diff without asking for help (unlike yourself).
You meanwhile have proclaimed yourself an expert of everything RC in no time at all.

Still, your pointhas nothing to do with my statement in Post #3575.
And I don't know why you seek to be confrontational and argumentative about everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.