Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

I want a mini.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
planefreak123
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want a mini.

yes, maybe we are a bit childish...but then again we are playing with toys again peronal opinion...you may mot like them but i think they are easier to tune!!!
[quote]ORIGINAL: mc4798

[quote]ORIGINAL: planefreak123

you are right, it is personal oninion, and in my personal opinion traxxas has overall better quality and tunibility! you forgot to say some are driving perfecty fine (duratrax owners) and they still break!

Wow, that makes me laugh.

I have never seen a traxxas that can be tuned except for running into mailboxes at 30mph. There its tuned.

Wonder why that is..........they wont steer

Enough of this pissing match.

Dude buy what you want. Be happy and have fun with it.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:07 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: Cika000

I have owned the Traxxas Revo and Slash VXL's, RC18b and t, Duratrax Vendetta buggy, and a Mini T. I would personally go for the Revo VXL but if not the Vendetta SCT. The Vendetta buggy is one of the best built mini's Ive ever owned. I regret getting rid of it all the time.

Sorry cika, but compared to the others you mentioned, i think thats just not true.My detta, has been the worst built.And my favorite car has durability issues....SO??? My favorite car has to run constantly and never break and be a super amazing built like a tank car?Where in the "Guide to picking a favorite rc" does it say that?And i kinda agree to the others.It is personal preference, but i have owned 3 duratrax, 2 nitro, 1 hasnt ran yet because it needs a pull start, the other was full of problems.Based on that, duratrax isnt the best brand, but its personal whether to believe they suck or not.And seriously, run whatever the hell you want and dont bash others because you read something on a forum or knew a guy that had one and complained about it.Jeez. And telling someone not to buy a brand because you read about someone breaking one, is absolute horrible advice.Like me telling you not to buy coke because once there was a guy that got sick from drinking it.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:20 PM
planefreak123
My Feedback: (5)

Well said! buy whatever you want, its not my money all i'm saying is that in my opinion nothing beats traxxas's durability! buy what fitts your style!
ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

I have owned theTraxxas Revo and Slash VXL's, RC18b and t, Duratrax Vendetta buggy, and a Mini T. I would personally go for the Revo VXL but if not the Vendetta SCT. The Vendetta buggy is one of the best built mini's Ive ever owned. I regret getting rid of it all the time.

Sorry cika, but compared to the others you mentioned, i think thats just not true.My detta, has been the worst built.And my favorite car has durability issues....SO??? My favorite car has to run constantly and never break and be a super amazing built like a tank car?Where in the "Guide to picking a favorite rc" does it say that?And i kinda agree to the others.It is personal preference, but i have owned 3 duratrax, 2 nitro, 1 hasnt ran yet because it needs a pull start, the other was full of problems.Based on that, duratrax isnt the best brand, but its personal whether to believe they suck or not.And seriously, run whatever the hell you want and dont bash others because you read something on a forum or knew a guy that had one and complained about it.Jeez. And telling someone not to buy a brand because you read about someone breaking one, is absolute horrible advice.Like me telling you not to buy coke because once there was a guy that got sick from drinking it.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
qoisdhc oqina

ORIGINAL: planefreak123

Well said! buy whatever you want, its not my money all i'm saying is that in my opinion nothing beats traxxas's durability! buy what fitts your style!

I have owned the Traxxas Revo and Slash VXL's, RC18b and t, Duratrax Vendetta buggy, and a Mini T. I would personally go for the Revo VXL but if not the Vendetta SCT. The Vendetta buggy is one of the best built mini's Ive ever owned. I regret getting rid of it all the time.

Sorry cika, but compared to the others you mentioned, i think thats just not true.My detta, has been the worst built.And my favorite car has durability issues....SO??? My favorite car has to run constantly and never break and be a super amazing built like a tank car?Where in the ''Guide to picking a favorite rc'' does it say that?And i kinda agree to the others.It is personal preference, but i have owned 3 duratrax, 2 nitro, 1 hasnt ran yet because it needs a pull start, the other was full of problems.Based on that, duratrax isnt the best brand, but its personal whether to believe they suck or not.And seriously, run whatever the hell you want and dont bash others because you read something on a forum or knew a guy that had one and complained about it.Jeez. And telling someone not to buy a brand because you read about someone breaking one, is absolute horrible advice.Like me telling you not to buy coke because once there was a guy that got sick from drinking it.

And i agree to a point.Lets see.

My slash, was my first hobby grade rc bought around 3 years ago.I saw exceed i believe nitros for $100 or so bucks, figured id go to the lhs to get one for my bday.Not knowing anything brand wise at all, they said theyre knockoffs.They showed me a few, some way out of my price range, and than he pulled out a rustler xl-5.I totally fell in love and bought it.6 or so months ago i turned it into a slash.Now, in both forms, combined over 3 or so years, it has had

2 broken a arms
few stripped spurs

Thats IT!I have put this thing through so much, whatever you can imagine, insane jumps, water, crashes to cars, poles you name it.Thats it.I love it too, definitely my second favorite.

Now lets take my emaxx for example.Had it since febuary, also my bday.

Snapped in half twice.
2 Arms.3 or so shock towers.Countless shock shafts, skid plates, bodies trashed, and all kinda of other broken parts.Yet, the jumps have been equal to or less than the ones the slash has been through, little water, and ive tried to go easy on it, especially after it snapped in half the first time.Its now in a back room, in half, waiting for me to get the money to fix it...AGAIN...ugh so tired of it.Definitely selling it when i fix it.

2 sides of the Traxxas durability case for ya
Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Redvanmafia

duratrax is a joke, I at one time was a fan of duratrax when the first evaders came out, it was an alright rig but holy **** was it ever brittle and cheap, it was alright if you didnt tap or nick anything but for any type of non perfect driving yielded you with broken parts/diffs and so on, the transmission was horrible to say the least., anyone who argues is a noob and doesnt deserve to speak on these forums, Misleading information does not in any way help a first time buyer therefore shouldnt be said. people saying traxxas is not strong are pure liers/daddys boys who has no sence for the words "waste of money", DURATRASH SUCKS +1
Old 06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
qoisdhc oqina

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

duratrax is a joke, I at one time was a fan of duratrax when the first evaders came out, it was an alright rig but holy **** was it ever brittle and cheap, it was alright if you didnt tap or nick anything but for any type of non perfect driving yielded you with broken parts/diffs and so on, the transmission was horrible to say the least., anyone who argues is a noob and doesnt deserve to speak on these forums, Misleading information does not in any way help a first time buyer therefore shouldnt be said. people saying traxxas is not strong are pure liers/daddys boys who has no sence for the words ''waste of money'', DURATRASH SUCKS +1

Yeah misleading information shouldnt be said...Like telling someone not to buy a car because you couldnt maintain it and it fell apart...
Old 06-06-2010, 04:41 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

duratrax is a joke, I at one time was a fan of duratrax when the first evaders came out, it was an alright rig but holy **** was it ever brittle and cheap, it was alright if you didnt tap or nick anything but for any type of non perfect driving yielded you with broken parts/diffs and so on, the transmission was horrible to say the least., anyone who argues is a noob and doesnt deserve to speak on these forums, Misleading information does not in any way help a first time buyer therefore shouldnt be said. people saying traxxas is not strong are pure liers/daddys boys who has no sence for the words ''waste of money'', DURATRASH SUCKS +1

Yeah misleading information shouldnt be said...Like telling someone not to buy a car because you couldnt maintain it and it fell apart...
Something Im afraidRedvan does all the time.

Yes Im sure duratrax nitros are problematic, But we are talking minis here. The last I looked the vendetta line is all electric.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:52 AM
rschoi_75

Oh snap!.... pwned.

I'm a duratrax (1/18 scale) fan boy. I admit it. So I guess I'm a noob.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
nickdude

i have a vendetta and what you have to know is that its the same buggy as the lrp and anderson mb4. its a very good buggy out the box. it has the aluminum upgrades standard that some cars come as option parts. i love my detta and i have had a bunch of buggies and cars (one of which is a ofna 1/8 scale buggy) and the detta has been the most reliable and fun car i have. the speed and handling out of that thing is incredible for a thing that comes from duratrax. i have been burned by duratrax b4 (i had a maximum st worlds most crappiest truck) but this little buggy is awesome. if you decide on the detta just invest in the cv shafts and the aluminum shocks and you will have a killer little buggy. also if you want after you get bored with the motor and esc just upgrade to brushless and then it will really come alive.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:06 PM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

no one has even mentioned the fact of easy gettable parts. I know I like to own ae products cuz my local hobby shop carries all the parts right there, no one runs a duratrax by me, not cuz of quality but cuz the shop owner doesnt deal with them. so I would say that should be a factor too. personally I have never owned a duratrax so I will not speak bad about them, i own a few traxxas trucks and love them, I race with associated cars though. just a matter of what you like and can get parts for.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
airmayle

You can break any brand of RC. I own Traxxas, Duratrax, and Associated and yes everyone has had to be repaired. I drive them hard and I do hit stuff. You must keep in mind that most of the guys on here has upgraded the models to some extent. People talk about Durtrax tranny problems but my Evader ST with a 4600kv has held up just fine. You also have to keep in mind what type of power are you going to put threw the RC. Are you going to stick with NiMh or go Lipo that will have a factor on durability. What amount of voltage will you use (more voltage will lead to more speed and power). What I'm trying to say is that a lot of things affect the durability of an RC.

Tomst-max is correct on parts availability. Do you like to order things on the computer and wait or due you need them now. That should be your first concern.

The only mini I own is an Associated rc18b and it is in pieces also it is all stock. I will say that I was disappointed in it in stock form. I'm planning on upgrading it a little and giving it to my 5 year old so they can run it at our local indoor track. Some upgrades to it and it will be a very good RC.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
smithjeeps

i used to run nitro and wawsnt about electric i sold my revo 3.3.last year and have been out of the hobby since i recently bought a slash two wheel drive but wasnt really happy with it. i traded itin and went with the slash 1/16 brushed 4x4, its not the fastest thing but its really fun to drive on my lhs little track. i am thinking about doing the brushless upgrade though, cause you can get more speed out of it and its a lot less maintanance. all in all i love my little slash like i said its a blast to drive on a short track but i would go with the brushless because i think you will want it.