RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

honda2237 05-04-2010 06:45 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

ok joe, here is how you solder, its a little hard to hear. I hope this helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nAdbuJKSPE
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nAdbuJKSPE[/youtube]

brianjskora 05-04-2010 07:00 PM

Nice Honda... I've never used that flux stuff... where did you get it?? also, what solder iron is that? is it wireless? I love that setup!!

honda2237 05-04-2010 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

Nice Honda... I've never used that flux stuff... where did you get it?? also, what solder iron is that? is it wireless? I love that setup!!
Ya its really nice, and probably makes the best bonds out of any other solder, from the 3 years ago, i have never broke a connection. I got it at a local hardware shop. the soldering iron is a blue point butane soldering iron, its very nice.

honda2237 05-04-2010 07:06 PM

just scored a castle link brand new for $12.15 shipped.

cika 05-04-2010 07:12 PM

Anyone wanna buy 2 stock TRX servos? I'll list them for ya, if your interested. Ones used but working perfect and ones new pulled. I bought it to run the dual servo setup, but it never happined. ASking about $35 shipped. The used one is perfect. Has never givin me any problems. Im upgrading to Hitec  HS82MG. Just let me know and I'll list it and you can grab them first;)!  

brianjskora 05-04-2010 07:53 PM

if you dont get any bites ill do 30 shipped! Thanks!

cika 05-04-2010 09:09 PM

SOLD ! PM sent! I'll set up ad now.

J0EC00L 05-04-2010 11:48 PM

Honda,

thanks for the video bro! I need to get some flux! That looked easy :)

dang cika... I wanted one of those servos. I have a hitec hs82mg but haven't installed it because the stocker is still good to go. I've also read that trying to lign up the aftermarket servos can be a pain... Unless one of you knows a trick.

Also, I went to a great hobby shop in Miami today. They had a ton of traxxas stuff and were very knowledgeable. He explained that it is not wise to shorten any of the wires. Well in my case, he said that my length isn't too long, and folding the wires over as I have is fine the way it is. It is a definite no no to shorten motor wires.
So I guess I'll for go shortening my wires for now, u less some of you have done that and didn't notice any performance drop off. I atleast can solder traxxas plugs better when I try the flux paste. I've converted everything to traxxas plugs already, but in the future I will continue to do so, so having the soldering knowledge wi pay off :)

oh by the way, the shop manager had a merv with the mm pro and 9000kv big motor from castle. He's got foamies and a futaba servo. His car is defintely made for speed runs he says and has the 31t pinion and 50 or 55 spur. His top speed us around 82 or so he says. He saw my t bone bumpers and fell in love with them; he's going to start carrying t bone bumpers in his store now :)

Joe

cika 05-05-2010 12:14 AM

Well if he doesnt follow through with payment I'll sell you one. I sent over the invoice. I wasnt complaining about the rims or tires. There great! And upon removing all the broken parts I see that the bearing was cracked and started to dig into the carrier and locked into to plastic and the torque just ripped and snapped everything. And yea the servos are fine, I just wanted to upgrade it for the heck of it. Got me new bead locks and a new PL slipstream body comming FRi. so I figured I would grab up the servo as well. Gettin into this tread got me wanting to get back into the MERV. And when I called PL about the 6mm holes in the rim and the 4mm shaft they told me they created a fitting pack for that and they will send me it free of charge. You should call and get it. I told them I scored them used and they said any one who owns a set is available to recieve them.  
 Does anyone here have the GPM alum. shocks from the toys? One of mine is leaking BAD and I was wonering if anyone knows of a rebuild kit or a way to fix this? Any help would be great!

J0EC00L 05-05-2010 12:29 AM

No worries cika,

either way, you got a great deal on those beadlocks from me :) I still have a bead lock set with sand paws installed. I may call proline and ask. What exactly isnit again that they will send out to me? It is specifically designed to help secure the beadlocks onto the merv shaft? Correct? Cus you are the first on these boards to need an adapter... And maybe you noticed something with your beadlocks that none of us knew about.

I'm almost certain Brian or honda, whomever is buying the servos will come through 100%. They're both legit dudes. I think I'm gonna get the futaba s3102 servo anyways, and install the hs 82 in my vendetta.

By the way,

I'd like to know which lipos everyone is running. I've got the flightmax in 2s and 3s in many different mAh ratings for either my Berv or Merv. So far they have been solid for me; but I've never ran max amps before and I hear those are truly the best. Hopefully someone has and can compare the differencenin the budget lipos vs the high class lipos.

P.s. Anyone know how incould test my "c" rating - discharge rating; so that I know if I'm getting the true discharge rate the batteries state. I read that you take the c rating and multiply it times the mah to get a true amp rating. I dunno? I guess inshould have researched lipos alot more before I dove into them. I just did it cus rveyobe suggested it and they do out perform the nimhs by a milestone.

Joe

J0EC00L 05-05-2010 12:39 AM

Sorry for the mispells. Try typing on an iPhone in these boards and you'll understand. :)

cika 05-05-2010 01:34 AM

Yea they bolt right up fine. I just dont like the 1mm area around the shaft. When I put the bolt on it the tire is even an the chamber is good. But Im wierd about my rc's. EVERYTHING has to be perfect. But Im guessing it closes the gap around the shaft as you said. So its a tight fit there. When I called about it, they said they developed the parts after the release of the bead locks. There not for sale only to go with sets that  were sold befor hand. But it wasnt the rim that broke my truck ,it was a cracked bearing. Im guessing. I saw that Futaba your talking about. 75oz! Thats very strong for a truck this size! It would be great,but I gotta watch my budget. $20 is a good price for me.  Im hoppin up 4 trucks right now, so I gotta upgrade affordablly. I use Zippy packs in all my RC's. There sweet for there price. Im running Turnigy 2200mAh 25c 2s packs with excellent run times and good speed with a 23t pinion. I bought 1 and was very happy for $8 a pack! Well plus shipping. I just ordered 2 more and it came to $31 with shipping. I have read there under rated. There hard to get due to the stock is always low/empty. But I just check alot and grab them when I can. I get 20c 4000mAh 2s hardcase flightmax packs for $19 each! I like them as much as my 4100 SMC pack that cost me $90. I just ordered another one. I always check out chinese stuff on forums a buy one to start off. I bought 4 Tower Pro mg995 servos ahwile back to be VERY disapointed in them. I didnt use them at all. They where JUNK! Thin cheap plastic housing,didnt center well,very,very heavy, and "jerky" when turning wheels. So Im a bit more cautious when I buy stuff from China. But the Rhino,Flightmax and Turnigy are all Zippys with different wrap. But there great! Andd I found the Ezrun systems are a real good buy as well. I have the  60 amp sytems(not the cheaper finned motor comboes with 35A esc's) with the .5 turns(true 540 cans) in two of my trucks and there better running than my Castle MambaMax system. Cooler runs in the same truck, less cogging,  and just as fast. I was bashing at the local track and ran with a guy who had a nice 1/8 buggy with a $350 Tekin system and running a expensive "namebrand"  4s packs and ran right with him! I was using the EZrun and the Zippy pack. He was amazed with it. He said hes going to buy the 1/8 and the 1/10 systems. But I gotta get to ben now. Get with you guys tomarrow.

minimalistix 05-05-2010 06:57 AM

best gearing for 2s lipo ? stock motor and esc

what you think if i use stock pinion and spur ?

honda2237 05-05-2010 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Honda,

thanks for the video bro! I need to get some flux! That looked easy :)

dang cika... I wanted one of those servos. I have a hitec hs82mg but haven't installed it because the stocker is still good to go. I've also read that trying to lign up the aftermarket servos can be a pain... Unless one of you knows a trick.

Also, I went to a great hobby shop in Miami today. They had a ton of traxxas stuff and were very knowledgeable. He explained that it is not wise to shorten any of the wires. Well in my case, he said that my length isn't too long, and folding the wires over as I have is fine the way it is. It is a definite no no to shorten motor wires.
So I guess I'll for go shortening my wires for now, u less some of you have done that and didn't notice any performance drop off. I atleast can solder traxxas plugs better when I try the flux paste. I've converted everything to traxxas plugs already, but in the future I will continue to do so, so having the soldering knowledge wi pay off :)

oh by the way, the shop manager had a merv with the mm pro and 9000kv big motor from castle. He's got foamies and a futaba servo. His car is defintely made for speed runs he says and has the 31t pinion and 50 or 55 spur. His top speed us around 82 or so he says. He saw my t bone bumpers and fell in love with them; he's going to start carrying t bone bumpers in his store now :)

Joe
no problem, the flux does make a difference, its very easy. you will be very happy with that servo, i have the same one and its a beast.
For lipos, after having many different brands of lipos, i am very very impressed by the zippy packs, I have had integy, maxamps, zippy, kokam, and one other brand. I would have to say that the maxamps are just over priced name brand, Never noticed any real difference between them and my $20 kokam lipos, well besides runtime because the kokam was 3200mah, and the maxamps was 5000mah. Personally i would spend the money on maxamps batteries, they are way to expensive, exspecially when you can go to hobbycity and get the same battery for 1/4 of the cost.

Well yesterday, I had a crash where i over shot a jump and landed and came to a complete stop, well the car wouldn't go. So i took off the body and my mamba max was blinking a code, so i called castle because they were close to closing, and all they said it was broke and i need to send it in, they didn't even try to help, which i was disappointed. So i looked up the code and found out it was the receiver that broke, not the speed control. Which i am really confused how i broke the receiver, must have been g-force.

honda2237 05-05-2010 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: minimalistix

best gearing for 2s lipo ? stock motor and esc

what you think if i use stock pinion and spur ?
What stock motor? Brushless or brushed?

minimalistix 05-05-2010 09:14 AM

brushless sorry

honda2237 05-05-2010 09:28 AM

with stock tires, i would drop it 2 or 3 teeth, with bigger tires, i would drop it a few more. I am running 2s with some 2.2 tires and some upgrades and i am running a 20t and temps stay pretty low.

vierzwanzig 05-05-2010 12:45 PM

Well yesterday, I had a crash where i over shot a jump and landed and came to a complete stop, well the car wouldn't go. So i took off the body and my mamba max was blinking a code, so i called castle because they were close to closing, and all they said it was broke and i need to send it in, they didn't even try to help, which i was disappointed. So i looked up the code and found out it was the receiver that broke, not the speed control. Which i am really confused how i broke the receiver, must have been g-force. <span class="info"> </span><div style="border: medium none ; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;" id="TixyyLink">
Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8846989/mpage_121/key_/tm.htm#ixzz0n4u2xnPX</div>
I was just thinking that mabey you cracked your reciever crystal? Unless your runing 2.4. Do you have a spare crystal set or a buddies rc handy? I would test that out just for heck of it.

honda2237 05-05-2010 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: vierzwanzig

Well yesterday, I had a crash where i over shot a jump and landed and came to a complete stop, well the car wouldn't go. So i took off the body and my mamba max was blinking a code, so i called castle because they were close to closing, and all they said it was broke and i need to send it in, they didn't even try to help, which i was disappointed. So i looked up the code and found out it was the receiver that broke, not the speed control. Which i am really confused how i broke the receiver, must have been g-force. <span class=''info''> </span><div style=''border: medium none ; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;'' id=''TixyyLink''>
Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...#ixzz0n4u2xnPX</div>
I was just thinking that mabey you cracked your reciever crystal? Unless your runing 2.4. Do you have a spare crystal set or a buddies rc handy? I would test that out just for heck of it.

good thought but I'm running the 2.4ghz, but I wonder if there has been something wrong with it from the get go, because on this same receiver, I lost my servo and speed control at the same time.

J0EC00L 05-05-2010 06:04 PM

I sure hope there's not a problem with the recvr. That would mean there is potential for other rcvrs to be faulty.

I'm surprised castle was rude like that. You should callthem back and see what they say again. Maybe it was some kid who answered and he just wantedto get home in a hurry to play xbox and didn't care to help you out.

... Today's youth :)

no offense.

honda2237 05-05-2010 06:20 PM

Ya it's the receiver, tested it on two speed controls and the storm.

I know I was suprised by castle too, I am going to call tomorrow and talk with them and traxxas, I just can't believe it broke that easily.

gforce2148 05-05-2010 07:44 PM

Hey everyone!  I finally got around to installing some front rockers on the rear, that sure does make a difference.  Can't wait to try it out on the track.  I just bought stock front rockers.  Now to budget some other upgrades.

I came across these motor/ESC combos on Amain, from Speed Passion Emotion.  Never heard of them...wondering if any of you have?  I know the stock BL motor is great but if it were to go out or something, was wondering if these would be a decent replacment.  Here are the links, they have different motor capacities (7800KV, 6900KV or 5200KV) packaged with the ESC.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Combo-7800Kv

MuggyDude 05-05-2010 08:22 PM

I don't know if I would say the stpck motor is great..... But maby the 5200kv. Those motors might be worth a try. I ws also looking at novak 380 bl systems, might want to try one of those out.

J0EC00L 05-05-2010 08:44 PM

Dang, traxxas is starting to go cheap on us. :)

They issue out these link systems not too long ago, then they upgrade them to the 5ch claiming all link rcvrs work with link trxmtrs when, in fact, they don't. Only the new link trxmtrs work with the new 5ch rcvrs. Stupid marketing if you ask me. They made a mistake in releasing the 4ch rcvrs that can only bind to one trx at a time and only bind to the older trxmtrs at that! They should at least offer a trade up from the 4ch to the 5ch

but, then again, would I get a good rcvr or a potential bad one that could ruin other electronic components.

Joe

honda2237 05-06-2010 03:38 PM

Well after talking with traxxas a little bit, they said to try and rebind it and see if that work. Well after trying it, it did work so now my truck is up and running again.

I will be gettin some tan springs today, so I will tell you guys how it handles different than with black springs all around.