RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

Topplayer 02-17-2010 10:04 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

you really think tranny fluid is better than something like wd40 or white lithium grease spray. I never thought of using windex or 50/50 alcohol water mix before blowing it down with the compressor. Thats a great idea, thanks!
I maintain my r/cs in my basement so noise isnt much of a problem for me. i have a 2 gallon 150 psi. It works good, like z33 the motor is always going. I love taking out the merv in snow, mud, rain, whatever, and  I can just wash it  with a hose, dry it with the compresor, and give it a few wd40 sprays in the right spots. much easyer to clean then my buggys.

The only complaint I have with my merv is that i have to use 40% steering trim, and the front is to light(lifts up too much for turning). When i get my rods, buckles and wheels I hope the merv will be perfect.

J0EC00L 02-17-2010 10:12 PM

I think a good 3 gallon or 4 galon will be fine. I don't need hurricane force winds, i just need enough to blow the rc off with.

I'm good for 100 bones or so to spend.

By the way, has anyone installed cvd's on their traxxas yet? i want to install some, but not sure whether or not i should go with the 50$ traxxas or the 25$ integy? Also, i saw some new swing shafts that are alluminum... may be too heavy compared to the cvd's, but i like the swing shaft idea like the stock plastic.

Someone please help! CVD's Help!!!!!!

Alex F450 02-17-2010 10:16 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on these parts?

Shocks: Traxxas GTR or something else
Wing: is there an rpm replacement? i don't think aluminum is good for it.
Knuckle: GPM has aluminum ones so i think they are good.<br type="_moz" />

Topplayer 02-17-2010 10:23 PM

Alex
Shocks: Traxxas GTR or something else || GTR are good but pricy GPM have good reviews best bang for your buck
Wing: is there an rpm replacement? i don't think aluminum is good for it. || alum is a waste of time, just got a stock, or a stock carbon fiber(looking) :D
Knuckle: GPM has aluminum ones so i think they are good. || I have been reading alot of great reviews for the HR ones from the traxxas site

Joe
Integy CVD vs traxxas CVD Seems like the integy ones are a direct copy of the traxxas some packing foam and everything
if your not racing is the cvds a worth while up grade?

What gears are you guys running with bead locs + dirt hawgs??

Alex F450 02-17-2010 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Topplayer

Alex
Shocks: Traxxas GTR or something else || GTR are good but pricy GPM have good reviews best bang for your buck
Wing: is there an rpm replacement? i don't think aluminum is good for it. || alum is a waste of time, just got a stock, or a stock carbon fiber(looking) :D
Knuckle: GPM has aluminum ones so i think they are good. || I have been reading alot of great reviews for the HR ones from the traxxas site

Joe
Integy CVD vs traxxas CVD Seems like the integy ones are a direct copy of the traxxas some packing foam and everything
if your not racing is the cvds a worth while up grade?

What gears are you guys running with bead locs + dirt hawgs??

found out the GPM ones delrin nuts come out over time so ill be going HR. a wheelie bar would fix the wind problem but they are all aluminumhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../sad_smile.gif

EDIT: Actually the new GPM's come with new locking nuts so ill be getting those so they match the the rest of the red
<br type="_moz" />

J0EC00L 02-17-2010 11:19 PM

Hey topps..

I am running the 23T (recommended speed pinion) - though, it actually is slower than the stock pinion in terms of top speed; but, i was told the 23t will extend the life of esc and motor... so why not?

I do plan on racing this RC on the dirt track, but not in tournaments. I plan on just using it for fun; but, serious enough to beat all my buddies if i can. I've never really ran it on a dirt track yet, so i have to learn how to drive it properly. apparently there is alot more to racing these things than just throttle and steering!

So, you think the integy will be better quality, even though they are 25$ cheaper? I like to think one would "pay for what they get"; which, usually that philospohy works, but how well in the R/C business? I figure all of it is made in china, so maybe one set goes into a traxxas bag - stamped with traxxas part number; while another set from the same assembly line gets thrown into a GPM or Integy Bag.

i guess we'll never know :(

Joe

Topplayer 02-18-2010 12:02 AM

I dont know, I was thinking of getting cvds but what are the real benefits? It is adding weight. Honestly I would wait until some more people post in the traxxas thread. Best way to get info. I also agree that you get what you pay for. Id rather pay a little more once than pay a little less twice.

GIFTS 02-18-2010 08:57 AM

The benefits are they dont break under stress and it grabbes immeadiately and i dont feel like going into detail on this but the traxxas cvd's are the best to get. I did my research on all of them. Meaning i put every  pair on my truck and traxxas is the way to go in this area!

honda2237 02-18-2010 09:06 AM

is the toyz ever going to get more stock in? And i am pissed, i waited a couple of days to order from hobbyking and now the charger and powersupply is out, great now i have to wait for that.

Topplayer 02-18-2010 09:45 AM

^ i know! i wanted to get that charger but its out of stock [:o]

Raguvian 02-18-2010 10:44 AM

You can get a Dynam DC6 from hobbypartz for $35 with $5 shipping and a power supply for $10 shipped off of ebay... it will be faster and cheaper than getting it from hobbyking.

honda2237 02-18-2010 11:23 AM

ya but i am still getting 2 lipos, 2 parallel connector, 10 traxxas plugs, and the chargers and power supply. it would be a lot cheaper going to hobbycity for me.

GIFTS 02-18-2010 12:22 PM

The toyz is overpriced look up www.toadztoyz.com his prices against the toyz.com beats them in every category

gforce2148 02-18-2010 12:22 PM

Got all my battteries charged up last night.  It's a sunny day out today.  My Merv is ready for the R/C dirt track after work today.  Going to test out the PL Dirt Hawg tires with the 19T pinion installed.  I will post my results later.

honda2237 02-18-2010 12:25 PM

^ shut up:D, its sunny here but there is still snow on the ground[:@], i can't wait for spring to come.

Topplayer 02-18-2010 01:13 PM

^same, there is too much snow for the merv by me. I did use a old buggy bored and wood and flatend out a large area of snow, then used the buggy bored as a ramp. It was fun for awhile but then the merv kept getting berried. Cant wait for the muddy spring WOOT!

honda2237 02-18-2010 01:22 PM

will these actually do anything?
http://www.toadztoyz.com/Shop/Contro...39242247242251

J0EC00L 02-18-2010 02:01 PM

yeah... i have noticed toadztoys is beating the toyz in every category... however, have you also put the sqrl10 code in at the end? It saves you 10% off your purchase; so, when its all said and done, who is cheaper? Toadztoys or thetoyz?

I will do a mock invoice with both websites - focusing on products both have in stock and something most of us have already purchased or intend on purchasing

My next post will have the details of about 5 items both carry and we would buy as necessary or wanted items for our MERV's

- Joe

z33guru 02-18-2010 02:24 PM

I couldn't help it, I like my MERV so much that today I ordered a big scale E-Revo, Brushless Edition!! So now I own a total of 3 Revos. :D

gforce2148 02-18-2010 02:49 PM

Well here in the Portland area we get one day of snow a winter (and that's about 1/2 inch). lol Otherwise we have a rainy and muddy winter. It's suppose to be sunny through the weekend so I am taking advantage of it, although the track will still be muddy from the rain last week I am sure.

Not that I am not use to the snow...we moved from Spokane, WA (where Iam from) about 5 years ago which they get several feet accumulation each winter. But, I don't miss it one bit!!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Raguvian 02-18-2010 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: honda2237

ya but i am still getting 2 lipos, 2 parallel connector, 10 traxxas plugs, and the chargers and power supply. it would be a lot cheaper going to hobbycity for me.
Actually HK charges shipping by weight so you will be saving a lot more on shipping. You should price out both ways and see what's cheaper though.

J0EC00L 02-18-2010 03:17 PM

Lucky you brotha! Lucky You!

I've seen some sick videos on the big brother. If you google top speed, you'll see a youtube video where they get their E-Revo up to 93 mph! That is just ridiculous!

Ok, now my next post will be the website price wars!

J0EC00L 02-18-2010 03:21 PM

Ok, so we all want to know where to get the best parts for the best price... right?

We can always shop cheapbay and hope for a lucky auction or a whacko who has no clue what the true value is of his R/C parts/car; but, for the most part, we spend our time bouncing from thetoyz.com, to hobbyking.com, to toadztoyz.com and amainhobbies.com

well, this will be the first part of my research. i chose basic items, we have all discussed about getting or already have. Please don't be too judgemental on my choices, i had to pick some things both carry; though, thetoys is actually out of stock on two of these! By the way, thetoyz does not have the promotional sqrl10 code; so no 10% off!!! Bummer!!!

here goes:

1: Traxxas GTR Hard Annodized Shocks
2: RPM Front Arm Set
3: Progressive Spring Damper set (Red, Black, Silver)
4: Traxxas Constant Velocity CVD's
5: Chrome Beadlocks (set of 4 - w/o tires)

The Toyz Prices on each:

1: Traxxas GTR Hard Annodized Shocks - 44.99
2: RPM Front Arms - 10.99
3: Progrssive Springs - 12.99
4: Traxxas Constant Velocity CVD's - 56.99
5: Beadlocks w/o tires - 47.99

Total: 173.95
Shipping: ~ 10.00 (first class shipping)
Out the Door Total: 183.95

Now Toadztoyz Prices:

1: Traxxas GTR Hard Annodized Shocks - 39.54
2: RPM Front Arms - 12.53
3: Progrssive Springs - 10.88
4: Traxxas Constant Velocity CVD's - 44.29
5: Beadlocks w/o tires - 46.56

Total: 153.80
Shipping: ~ 10.00 (first class shipping)
Out the Door Total: 163.80

One thing i did notice was a few differences in other typical parts... sometimes thetoyz was actually cheaper; but, many times Toadztoys was anywhere from .25 to 2.00 cheaper on average. Some of the parts listed are on a special sale from Toadztoyz, but it's only a few dollars off. If i were to do their normal price, the toal would be about 8.00 more. Yo still save much more from toadztoys! I may start shopping with them from now, since they list only what they have in stock!

However, if thetoyz had everything in stock, they would be the better option for the harder or more unique items we want: ie. rollcage, delrin rockers, bodies, heatsinks, etc.

Joe
Ya'll be the judge, but the proof is in the puddin'!

z33guru 02-18-2010 03:27 PM

This is good info. How about including tower hobbies and their membership coupons? Thats where I do 90% of my RC shopping.

J0EC00L 02-18-2010 03:47 PM

yeah, Z...

i forgot to include them in the top search list of websites we use. I need to do a product price comparison with them too. Maybe amainhobbie vs towerhobbies.

It was actually time consuming... well, more than i really wanted to do. constantly switching from window to window and having to refresh the list to show more items per page.

Maybe you can do a comparisson on towerhobbies. Do they offer coupons to everyone, or just frequent buyers?

I need to scope them out too i guess. I want to get the GTR hard annodized shocks, some progrssive springs, the traxxas constant velocity cvd's, 3S lipos, and Dirt hawgs mounted on pro-line beadlocks... or i can just get dirt hawgs and mount them myself. But won't that be too much? Shouldn't i just be lazy and go with the extra beadlocks?
I'm trying to price all of that out, and still get this casterracing F18T i keep hearing great buzz about. Here's a link to their website and product. It's a great deal for a 1/18th scale R/C RTR and brushless! Total after promo is 135! not bad

http://casterracingusa.com/product.p...1&bestseller=Y

Joe