RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

brianjskora 02-15-2010 08:46 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Id say its worth the 15, the charger is so cheap anyway!

But, just an FYI, i got my buddy started with this charger and got a power supply that is PERFECT off of ebay for 12.99 and free shipping, and I had it in 2 days. I live in VA. Here is the item. It is everthing you need to supply the power (plugs into wall, and plugs into unit) http://cgi.ebay.com/AC-Power-Adapter...item4a9b6c6720

brianjskora 02-15-2010 08:49 PM

dang, didnt read enough, that sucks the charger is out of stock. I wanted to get one as a spare in case my onyx ever fails!

Topplayer 02-15-2010 08:50 PM

thanks brian!  I think im going to do it tonight. Im about to take my merv out in the snow now woot! How long will it take to charge the lipos in the new charger? Im trying to get the fastest charge time lol

brianjskora 02-15-2010 09:03 PM

When my2200's are completely dead, about an hour. I charge on 1C, 2.2 Amps.

The zippy's say you can charge at up to 2s, so 4.4 amps on the 2200s. This would probably be about a half hour or so. (these are estimates, I never really pay attention)

Slower the better in my opinion. These are GREAT batteries

Alex F450 02-15-2010 09:12 PM

is there any benefit to using the high speed pinion on single nimh pack other than more acceleration? i've been running it like this today just to see and it seems like i get a coupleminuteslonger run time. also wouldnt it be easier on the drivetrain as well?

piddlefoot 02-15-2010 09:27 PM

It will run cooler.
It will put less load on the batteries, and less heat through them.

unKnownCitizen 02-15-2010 09:40 PM

I took my mini out for a run in the snow today and half way thru a stock battery it started to cogg really bad and now it only seems to get past coggin an run  smooth when the wheels arnt touching the ground... any idea whats wrong?

bluesrt4ever 02-16-2010 04:59 PM

Make sure you are not in lipo mode. The light on your ESC should be red. Make sure your battery is good. Check your gear mesh on the pinion and spur.

J0EC00L 02-16-2010 07:51 PM

Ok,

so, i am about to get the 3s 1800 mAh lipos - to run in parallel. I have noticed my MERV is a little slower, since adding the beadlocks, steel rods and turnbuckles, and what not. I think that once i add the CVD's, the weight may even slightly more. It does feel a bit heavier than when it was bone stock.

Hopefully the 3S will produce enough power to bring it back up to speed, and even faster. someone said i need an LVC if i run parallel? How is that so, when the ESC can handle 3S - i would think the LVC would be beneficial if i run my 2S in series = 4S.

Also, i went ahead and installed the factory 23T pinion to see how that changes my performance... it will reduce top speed, but increase my accelleration; but most importantly, extend the life of my motor and esc by reducing heat and wear and tear... RIGHT?

honda2237 02-16-2010 09:23 PM

you don't need a low voltage cutoff, you will be fine with running in parallel because it only increase mah, not voltage, but it should be plenty fast enough since it is gaining around 4 volts.

bluesrt4ever 02-16-2010 10:11 PM

Right, thats the setup I run but with the stock batteries. Not once have i had the ESC shutdown from heat. Let us know how it does with the lipos. Gonna be a blast im sure till ya hit something really hard lol.

bluesrt4ever 02-16-2010 10:14 PM

O and your top speed with beadlocks will be just as fast as stock setup with 28T pinion :)

J0EC00L 02-17-2010 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the info Blue!

By the way; your name... I assume means you either own a blue dodge srt8, or want one?

I want a Dodge Challenger SRT8 in White, unfortunately they dn't offer that color yet for the srt. If not, i guess i'll have to settle for silver or blue. I can't even special order a white srt8 - according to the dealership.

Oh, have you seen the latest work on my MERV yet? Why not have everyone post some photos of their MERV's...

bluesrt4ever 02-17-2010 12:23 AM

Close, had a 04 blue SRT 4 (neon). Had to sale it a few months back. It was a garage queen with 7000 miles. The guy who bought it lives a few states away and had it shiped by covered truck and he will keep it as nice as I did. Even sold it for less than i wanted, but when you know its in good hands its worth it. The SRT8 is a very cool car and if you can get it in white, even if its in another country, I think if I were you id do anything to get it in white. Even if you have to wait a year, dont give up. I wanted blue and waited months to get it. I also didnt want one that was on the lot been test driven! so i got it unmolsted with 3 mi on it. It was worth the wait. Ok im gonna go cry now lol

J0EC00L 02-17-2010 12:25 AM

By the way, i had to fix my rear top a-arms. They were "upside down". silly me! That was why the push rod had a hard time fitting through to reach the rockers.

Not it's properly installed and i must say, after adding the 100K wt oil and the rods and turnbuckles, along with the beadlocks... definite cornering possibilities! Now it no longer flips on every turn... it's more like a flip every 7 turns now! :)

Oh, and the beadlocks outside metal clamp with the lettering are scratched and beat up already from one tumble... so much for fancy artwork - i wanted to paint the letters blue, to match my "corrrr - dinay - shunnnn"

you got to "corrrr-dinate!

Topplayer 02-17-2010 02:38 AM

well i cant sleep tonight, its like 230am here. I normally go to bed around 11. So i just burnt up the card ( whooops lol) , Titus Bead loc with dirt hawgs, and a Series conecter, i almost ordered lipos but hobbyking is out of the <span class="headingb">Turnigy Accucel-6 from both warehouses :(. im going to see if my lhs has associated shims, if not i will order them. My merv seems to only click when i turn??? its barley noticeable anyway.

BTW an air compressor makes cleaning this little guy super fast!  
</span>

z33guru 02-17-2010 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I only have one picture of my E-Revo VXL for now...Sadly this was right before the RPM arms after the stock ones broke again climbing out of a creekbed. Here it is with a T-Maxx I rebuilt, the GFs stampede after a crash, and Midnight Pumpkin with Revo 3.3

GIFTS 02-17-2010 03:32 PM

Just for people wondering that didnt know a bigger wheel like proline will not slow your car down it will actually have a higher top speed. And the added weight should be accounted for also. Now for the differentials i use 50k and for the center i use 60k. i havnt had the diff problems yet but i only been running a stock battery. But this diff problem should be taken care of by traxxas i guess they would lose too much money, go figure! Do they make other differentials for the mini or that would fit the mini!

J0EC00L 02-17-2010 03:41 PM

I'd love to own an air compressor that was small and portable enough where I didn't need a big shop to use it

Topplayer 02-17-2010 04:19 PM

^get a small 2 gallon one or a good eletric one with out a tank. there not that big and under 100 with some accessories

Topplayer 02-17-2010 05:15 PM

if you wait for a sale weekend you can get it much cheaper

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...5206000P?mv=rr

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...5310000P?mv=rr

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...350S172734391P

^21 bucks and small

Topplayer 02-17-2010 05:37 PM

how are people dieing their chassis black? any info on this?

edit: found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzPrNjE5o-w

bluesrt4ever 02-17-2010 08:06 PM

Tip for cleaning your truck with air compressor, learned it from a guy that has being into rc helis for many yesrs. Spray the whole truck with windex or any cleaner like that and then blow off and walla the truck looks new again. Dont forget to put a lil lube on all metal parts. I use a big medical syringe with a reg needle full of transmission fluid for this. I never get rust and its quick and clean to do, just be carefull and keep it away from kids and pets for sure!!!!!

Alex F450 02-17-2010 08:24 PM

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "><div style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">

ORIGINAL: Topplayer

how are people dieing their chassis black? any info on this?

</div></span>
go buy some rit dye at your local wally world and boil the chassis with the dye in some water.

This revosurprisesme every day with howdurableand fast it is. i cant wait to get some vids of it.

EDIT: You found it :)<br type="_moz" />

z33guru 02-17-2010 09:21 PM

DON'T get a tankless or a small air compressor if you want to clean your r/cs unless you absolutely can't afford anything else. If thats the case, get at minimum a 4 gallon. I have a 2 gallon one (the stacked campbell hausfeld linked above) and it runs CONSTANTLY when I use the air gun) It can't keep up w/ my air gun whatsoever. The only reason I deal with it is because I am in an apartment and can't have anything else. I feel bad everytime I start it because of the noise too lol. But in a house, a good 20 or 30 gal would be minimum to handle cleaning off your r/cs with the air gun. It does work better than anything else though! You can't beat the Traxxas method of a spray bottle of denatured alcohol and a good air compressor for cleaning off your stuff.