Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

1/2a War Bird Fun Fighters

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

1/2a War Bird Fun Fighters

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2a War Bird Fun Fighters

I thought the obligatory foot in the pic we see in so many threads
is just for a scale to reference the photo.

uh... thats why my socks end up in so many shots, for scale... yeah, scale
Old 01-15-2009, 01:53 PM
sir crashallot

thing is its a bad scale do go by as the feet are further away than the formers are to the camera
Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see, if your feet are for scale that thing must be micro, because your woman was just telling you the other night that it's true about feet matching other body parts!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:44 PM
sir crashallot

what where when who and why[X(]. this dryer is beating me up bad iv tried everything almost. hows your day been and what plane are we pulling to pieces tonight
Old 01-15-2009, 04:58 PM
planebuilder66

At the moment, 3 planes, quickie, jungmiester and that eagle II, the jung lower wing needs a little repair from over the years, but it could be covered by tonight, the top wing can be covered right away, after the removal of the covering, and the fuse has a few little dings in some of the formers, still need to make a mold for the wheel fenders too, I bought a new F/G cowl for it about 6 months ago, so that's all good. I need to find a header pipe and muffler for the enya .80, don't know where it is or where it went?![] The lower wing suffered the most damage though, it still has the bell crank setup for alerions, need to fix or change this to 2 servos, it would give me piece of mind knowing that 2 servos are splitting the loads of 4 alerions, and not one doing it all. I have to set up the pull-pull tubes in the fuse before covering as well as the antenna tube. So, I take it the house is clean and your back in action, what was the motivation, tripping over stuff, in laws visiting or did terri tell you to clean it up or the dog will be inside and you out.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
sir crashallot

didnt get past repairing the dryer[:@][:@][:@] iv checked everything still it refuses to heat up. theres no power to the fillament. having another 15 minutes checkin git then am giving it up as a bad job and moving onto the planes[:@] bloody things
Old 01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
planebuilder66

Well, if there's no power to the filament, what's before it, I'd bet it's a high limit for the heat, just incase the belt snaps and it's still running, it won't catch fire, sometime's they use that in conjunction with a air proving switch, to make sure the fan is moving air too, just trace the loss of power back till you find where you lost it. the high limit will look like a small disc that has 2 spade terminals, the air proving switch will look like a hockey puck with a rubber hose coming out of it and 2 spade terminals, or they can be a sail switch type, mounted in the ducts air flow to the vent pipe, I don't know why I'm telling you how to trouble shoot a dryer, I'd rather see you build planes and shoot the poop.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:29 PM
sir crashallot

thermostat for drum itself its near the door at the very front almost hidden. just tested it with the lighter and it didnt click where the 2 on the heater fillament did it. its also bowed in so its obviouse just looking on ebay £10 for full kit 2 rear and 1 front door thermmostat, better than £11 each from hotpoint. i realised when i was thinking well what happens if it gets too hot in the drum there has to be somthing there to stop it.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
sir crashallot

ugh got to clean my desk now so i can get working on somthing. those 2 f16's look tempting but havent got the fan units for them yet although i dare say a little 049 with a pusher prop on would get one up in the air
Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 PM
planebuilder66

Better yet, look on thebay for a kress .049 fan unit or even better than that, find a Kamdax fun unit with the norvel .061 on it, shold fly it fine as long as the planes light enough.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
sir crashallot

planes light enought its made from polystyrene and was designed for free flight before some bright spark thre servos in and did numerouse conversions, its had elec ducted fan front engined rear pusher co2 engine pusher free flight even been done as a glider. i had chance of one of them not long back and i was really tempted before the price shot up to £55. oh i havent told you i found a kit upstairs from long ago whent to look in attick for somthing and pulled a bin bag down with foam deckings in and plastic mouldings for the skymasters mig21 fishbed and the plans are there. i bought it years ago, so but im not sure what to do with it as the foam wings arnt there but fin and everything else is no wood as its a short kit i think they call it that anyway cost enough though at the time, il have to post some pics of it up when i get the time
Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
planebuilder66

I know that a hobby shop in CT has a kamdax fan unit NIB, I didn't check to see if it had a norvel in it, but if it has a 18-25" wingspan, it should fit. I just got done fixing the trailing edge on the jung, punched some old sheeting away on the top center of the lower wing and resheeted it and now, I'm refinishing(again) the elevator surfaces on the quickie, the eagle has a slight set back, I like the covering, but I messed up the top rear,[&o] you ever had one of those moments where you said just one more little wrinkle? guess what happened with the heatgun, yup, pulled the edge and f'd up the top blue stripe, I guess I have a option now, repair the covering, or recover the whole thing in some nice new colors, haven't decided yet. I'm thinking metallic wine and light metallic blue or metallic dark blue with yellow, trim of silver. Or I could go the easy route and fix 10 square inches of covering.
BTW, it's a small world after all, I PM'd a guy that lives in the town next door to where I use to live,about printing off plans, turns out he had a garage shop he rented across from mine in CT,USA. It also turns out he's the treasuer of the club about 10 minutes from my house, man if they only knew all the stupid stuff we did when we were there, they'd be proud of us!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
planebuilder66

Didn't you ask for surestart dimentions? You want them?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
sir crashallot

its a small world ok i was buying allot of radio stuff for them f16s off a bloke on ebay a week previouse i sold his son a set of alloy wheels for his car go on recover the whole thing
Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
sir crashallot

if you have them please, as i need to know where to make the firewall on the huricane hence why i havent done any more apart from cut all the parts out, few more wing ribs and them dimensions you have and i can start building
Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM
planebuilder66

I feel embarrased to give him a plain jane everyday dime-a-dozen arfs, he needs something that stands out and says I have something unique, but let me first cover the jungmister atleast and finish those stupid elevators for the quickie, they're starting to piss me off.

Do you have a tab on a surt start, or would you rather have an older version with out the choke tube, reason I'm asking is I'm planing on buying a few piston cylinder sets with bunch of replacement parts and build up and refurbish a pile of them I have, want one or two of them? I only need to keep a small handfull for replacements or for builds.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
sir crashallot

how much we talking, i was all wound up ealrier and was tempted to post the dam dryer to you so you could fix it then fill it full of balsa dust and send it back
Old 01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
planebuilder66

Well the more important question is, do you have any plans you want printed off, the old buddy of mine is going to print a few I want while I wait at his house, good time to crack the beers and B.S. about what's going on. I think he can print 24wide he said, just email me the plans and volia, done.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:19 PM
sir crashallot

none that i know of off hand. and dont ask me to go through them as you know il be here till next year. oh wait i know print me off a 5ft bullseye i can pin it to our lass and throw darts i love her really even thoughi get beat by her and her book
Old 01-15-2009, 07:43 PM
planebuilder66

I got plenty of bullseye's and 7.62x39 rounds for that job, the tough choice is weather or not to use the tracer rounds every 3rd shell! Sorry for the crappy quick drawings on the pics but I only spent about 3 minutes drawing on them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55252.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1111670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38638.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1111671  
Old 01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
planebuilder66

Hold on, let me reload the images after changing the font size in the pic's.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
sir crashallot

no probs there exactly what i needed. our lass says iv got to get to bed soon.[:@]. women. al go make a cupper and drink a cupper down here then go to bed il just use the iv just decorated the bedroom excuse well its true i have
Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM
planebuilder66

That's a little better, the dimentions I listed are for this engine, I'm sure alot of them out there will be anywhere within .010" of these sizes, this one has a stock low compression head, don't know if the high compression head is any shorter, I could go measure one of those out of the parts boxes as well, but it will probabily be the same hieght.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 PM
planebuilder66

Here's one with a tank, runs well for about 5-7 minutes.

And just to compair sizes, heres a .049 surestart next to a tee dee .09, the .09 is alot more metal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27523.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1111675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45832.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1111676  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 PM
sir crashallot

youve lost me now the dimensions are fine do tanks bolt onto these engines or can you have a little tank setup like we do on such as the ultimate but much more a scalled down version

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.