RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm a Newby Again
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 05:18 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I'm a Newby Again

ORIGINAL: jlander

Thanks. Sorry I've not responded yet with my radio information. I'm a Florida State Trooper and because of those big accidents in Florida on I-75, for the last day and a half I've put in 24 hours and today I'm scheduled for 14.

I have a Futaba 6XA that is brand new in the box that was given to me. It is capable of mixing with the gear channel. I didn't know you could deactivate the gear controls, so that sounds like what I'm going to do. Since I have the channels available, and I've never had a programmable radio before, I'd like to give that option a try. The Y-adapter is an option I'll keep open though.

My model is not a trainer although it is trainer like. It is very large and flaps will be nice. I've posted a photo and there are more here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10926684/tm.htm if you know what this model is. Because I purchased it off Craigslist, I don't know much about it. It looks like it might be a wing from a Spook mated to something else.
Inhibiting switches is not always an option with lower end transmitters. Usually as the cost of a transmitter goes up, you get more channels and a wider variety of programming.