RCU Forums - View Single Post - new saito 82 questions
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 06:39 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: new saito 82 questions

ORIGINAL: GarySS

I had to change the factory plug to a Fox Miracle plug on my Saito .91 before I could get a reliable idle. Also the OSMax 4 cycle plugs are very good in Saitos. You probably need to run at least 15% nitro for a good running engine and more nitro is incrementally better for power and incrementally worse for your pocketbook.[:@]

PS. you might enjoy reading through this previous thread regarding the .82 (Click on):

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_17..._1/key_/tm.htm

The standard plug that comes with the Saito is a good plug, the OS "F" plug is also good. True, 4-strokes tend to like higher nitro, but 15% is plenty, all synthetic oil is preferable to syn-castor blend. I alternate between SIG Syn Plus 15% nitro, 18% all synthetic oil, and Morgan Fuels "Cool Power" 15% nitro. One advantage to Cool Power is that you don't need to worry about after-run oil. When you sart running your engine, don't fool with the low-end needle for a while, Saito presets it for best performance during break-in. Run the high speed needle a little rich for a while-- best way is to adjust engine for top rpm (measure with a tach), and back the needle out (Richen) until rpms drop 1000-1500 from peak.

I have a .56 and a .65 saito, will never have anything else but Saito; great engines.