Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 AM
spec36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

yea the mix was right just needed more but i like it better without the mix just use rudder in the turn and all is well man this thing rocks .
Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

yea not using mix really helps cause some times you need less or more rudder and the mix is set to one thing. plus i feel and it's just my opoion, so no one jump on me, but i think mixs are silly and unnessary. especially 3-d planes cause with mixs you don;t learn as much, cuase in knife edge flight doing the coupling adjustments yourself will teach you so much, i understand on scale and other things like that were mixs come in but to really improve your 3-d and flying skills turn the mixs off and do it by hand!!! just my 2 cents!!!

mikey
Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 AM
spec36

Im thinking about putting the 65mg back in the ailerons. it works good in the yak54f and improved the roll rate alot.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:30 AM
spec36

IM with you on the mix mikey i like to feel what it takes to hold it and learn from it plus when you forget to take it out it can make a mess of things in a houver or TR JMO .
Old 05-17-2006, 09:32 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

i'm using a eflites75 on ailrons and using their 3-d arm and i have killer roll rate with the travel set to 150% and still have 25% more i can put in with the dual rates. i'm using 2 hitec 55's on the rudder and elevator. i'm using the eflite 3-d servo arms cause the s75 and the 55's have the same size shaft!!! but i tell you one thing i have learned making your arms too big can hurt you more than help!!! cause i once made a large arm for a plane and had tons of ailron movement and it rolled so slow, it was cause the ailrons wer moving so much they were acting like flaps, so i put a standard on and it rolled super fast!!!!

mikey
Old 05-17-2006, 09:38 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

oh yea you tring to tr and other things move when you move one thing a kick it all over the place, that why i like my 9303 cause i can put the mixs on switchs and turn them off and on for when i needed them. like i had a corsair that needed some down elevator on landings when the throttle was at low. so mixxed some down at low throttle and put it on a switch and when i set up for landings i would turn it on!!!
mixs are good some times!!! lol

Mikey
also i have had 2 of the QQ elfite yak 54f and i loved them. but when i set the ailrons to alot of throw it rolled slow, and when i turned the throws down the rolls sped up??? it's one of those mysterys the world may never figure out!!! lol i'm going to get anoher Yak 54f next month so that i have both of QQ foamies!! i'm going to use the high power outrunner setup QQ says to use. i used a hacker A20-20l on my others and had ways too much motor and weight!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:42 AM
spec36

yes you are right but if you look in my pic i have a standard arm on the ailerons but not on the rudder i have been flying all my yaks on this same setup and like the amount of travel i get on elevator &rudder it will do a real tight water fall and wall like crazy.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:45 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

i got so much throw on my elevator i had to cut the opening some so the servo wasn't binding on the foam, plus as many degrees of throw you can get makes killer wall, parachutes and waterfalls!!!

mikey
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 AM
spec36

i wish i had a way to post a video to show off the byp i have lots of vids but no way to post .need more software
Old 05-17-2006, 09:55 AM
spec36

like you said before dont look get one you will fall in love with the yak-byp the rest of my fleet is getting left in the shop for now .. thanks for the input mikey I will let you know when i get the vpp going on the other one it should be a blast ..Ill check back later its time to go fly nice and clam here and all the lipos are hot ......
Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Just got two of them...building them now. Pretty cool airplane. HUGE though. Glad to see e-flite tossed the 6mm wings and went for 3mm. Should be much better for indoor flying.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
HuckinChikn

What a great little biplane. I love the hell out of it. I see what you guys are saying about using the rudder in turns...i'm got used to that really quick I agree, i dont like to use mixes for something like that. Is anyone using the E-flite park400 outrunner for power??
Old 05-17-2006, 08:33 PM
spec36

i tried the 400 and it was good but went back to the 370 it is lighter and when mike said what vertical he was getting ,he was right again plenty with the 370 .. the more you fly it the better it gets I feel like a pro in just two days it does it all with ease and dont try to fall out of anything in less you make it Im using no mix at all just alittle expo .. mikey helped me out by bring my attention back to the CG I was close but with some fine tuning and making sure the lipo goes back in the same place man I could say it over and over Iv never flew anything like it. .need a video with the song bad to the bone
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
HuckinChikn

hehehe, get workin on that, i wanna see vids!
My 400 outrunner setup just feels really weak and i'm not sure why. it just seems like it should have alot more power than it does. straight up vertical is NOT very fast, and it hovers at about 3/4 throttle. Any help? I NEED MORE POWER!!!![:@]

e-flite 400 outrunner
e-flite 20-amp esc
new 3 cell 1050mAh LiPo and 860mAh also
apc 10x4.7 E-prop
13.2 oz with bigger battery.
shouldnt this setup have alot more power??
Old 05-17-2006, 09:14 PM
spec36

this last flight i used a thunder power 910 16c 3cell (fits nice)and it was plenty on a 10x3.8 prop..
Old 05-17-2006, 09:57 PM
HuckinChikn

hmmm...maybe it IS the battery. i'm flyin a couple of my planes tomorow(mainly the bypyak)
i'll try one of my buddie's lipos and see if that helps....
Old 05-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Get Real

ORIGINAL: 3D4EVER

hehehe, get workin on that, i wanna see vids!
My 400 outrunner setup just feels really weak and i'm not sure why. it just seems like it should have alot more power than it does. straight up vertical is NOT very fast, and it hovers at about 3/4 throttle. Any help? I NEED MORE POWER!!!![:@]

e-flite 400 outrunner
e-flite 20-amp esc
new 3 cell 1050mAh LiPo and 860mAh also
apc 10x4.7 E-prop
13.2 oz with bigger battery.
shouldnt this setup have alot more power??
Sounds like battery.. ive flown a similar set up in my yak 54f and ultimate fx 3d.. but with a e-flite 1200 lipo and a tp 1320 pro lite and a 11x4.7 sf apc prop.. night and day as far as punch out and top end. though you may save weight with lighter lipos you may lose some power to weight ratio due to lower amp ratings. i'll probally pick up the byp yak this weekend and i'll probally try both set ups.. 370 1080kv outrunner and 730 3 cell and 400 outrunner with 1320 lipo. looking forward to some videos/i started flying last august so im no 3d ace but i'll try and get some video posted when i can until then heres some video i put together recently http://media.putfile.com/Just-Fly .
Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
HuckinChikn

nice vid, GetReal! nicely done:-) yeah I definately think its my lipos. i took my outrunner apart, checked it all out and everything looked fine, so i dunno. sunday is the day for my trial and error
session......
Old 05-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Get Real

Hi all/ Picked up my byp yak today. its almost finished.. have to install radio gear and motor/should be done before weekend.

Set Up:
E-Flite 370 1080 kv outrunner
E-Flite 20 amp esc
Apc 10x4.7 prop
tp 730 3 cell
2 hitec hs 55
1 E-flite s75 on rudder until i get another hs 55
Old 05-22-2006, 03:25 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

i just got back from Joe Nall here in SC. and about every evening when open flying was opened i flew the Byp Yak. i had tons of questions and on lookers!!! i even flew it one night by spot light, i never got over 8 feet high and did mostly tr's and hovering and poeple went wild!!!! and i got QQ to sign the top wing!!!! so it has a little something extra!!!

Mikey
Old 05-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Get Real

had time tonight to finish up byp. initial impressions are good.. the depron seems fairly strong after handling it some more. i ran one strip of packaging tape on each side of fuselage/other than that its set up by the book. using the heavier 20 amp esc and 730 lipo my byp came out to 12.5 oz. auw. used qq set up for high rates. this plane is balanced perfect for hovering.. during some inside power checking i could let it go from my hand and it would pretty much stay there.. if throttle was low it would stay in hover and slowly fall without tipping a wing. if weather agrees i should be able to fly it sometime over weekend.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
HuckinChikn

finally got a couple pics of my BypYak sitting on my new hardwood floor!(whew, what a job that was!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14893.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	466453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39948.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	466454  
Old 05-25-2006, 04:31 PM
SuperKaos
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: 3D4EVER

finally got a couple pics of my BypYak sitting on my new hardwood floor!(whew, what a job that was!)
WoW! Super nice job for sure! Plane looks good too
Old 05-25-2006, 09:50 PM
HuckinChikn

hehe thanks!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:05 AM
JWolf
My Feedback: (1)

Has anbody had an issue with a warped fuse. Started putting mine together, after lining up bottom wing with servo holes in fuse, I checked the distance from wing tip to tail. There was almost a half inch difference from side to side. You could actually see the fuse curved just passed the rear servo cut out. Called Horizon, they said they would need to see it,so I shipped it to them. Generally they are good about sending a replacement. Maybe they wanted to see it because it's a new product? Anyway I hope they hurry and send a replacement, I've been wanting to get one in the air every since I saw one at the Efest in Champaign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.