Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
hickox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite BYP-YAK by QQ

Hey guys need some help with the program mixes. I have been trying to get them right but having trouble. I have a futaba 9Caps. I tried to convert the jr but not got it yet. If any one has a futaba radio and are using programing mixes. Please post the setup for me. Thank you for your time....Matt
Old 05-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Get Real

flew mine today.. forcast said 10 mph winds. it was windy and gusty.. knocked my mini edge around at nearly double the weight. its a little light and under powered with my set up for those types of conditions. it does seem to float very well and with better conditions im sure it will be a lot more fun.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Get Real

weather report calls for 15-20mph winds today.. so i decided to try and beat the wind. at 6am local weather said 7 mph winds. the byp did better today and i got to feel it out a little more than first flight. considering its an indoor set up it handled lighter wind better than first flight. wasnt nearly as gusty this morning. it harrierd very well/did nice elevators/hovered easier than any other plane i have.. you get it vertical and add throttle and its locked in without looking for a sweet spot and takes very little imput to stay in hover/tons of rudder authority like yak 54f and it does quick stall turns/tryed knife edge a couple times and ended up doing knife edge climbs with little rudder imput.. i need to get used to how light it is. parachutes were cool also/flew about 7 or 8 minutes.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
HuckinChikn

i think my favorite thing to do with my bypyak is a nice low and slow knife edge while wagging the tail up and down the runway
Old 05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
SS2P

GetReal,

If u want to fly in calm winds, go at the moring or evening. I usually go right before the sun goes down.
I also go to fly when sun rises.

Paul
Old 05-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Get Real

havent been able to get any video of byp yet.. heres some video of the stuff i fly in half the time http://media.putfile.com/Windy-Day-W...-wmv-5-29-2006 it was way to windy to get the byp yak on video this time.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
HuckinChikn

i'm still waiting on my digi camera so i can take videos. my wife doesnt like all my airplane pics on her camera so i gotta buy my own!
Old 06-02-2006, 02:28 PM
icrashbipes
My Feedback: (18)

i dont fly electric, tried it in the past with a 46 size glow conversion ans spent a fortune getting it to perform as well as the glow set up. i have never owned or flown a fomie... until now. picked up one of these at the LHS the other day. i must confess, this is the most fun ive had flying r/c in 10 years. absolutely a blast, the plane made me look like QQ himself, tackling every conceivable 3D maneuver 5 feet off the deck. i love this little plane. after the first trip to the field I stopped by the LHS and bought another for a back up because i'm 100% certain I am gonna destroy it the way I've been flying it. do not hesitate to pick up one of these planes if you are shopping them. my 30 & 33% gassers are gonna get a nice long rest as long as the winds stay calm this summer.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:04 PM
3D-Kid

My dad just picked me up one of these, said it was the last one on the shelf. Looks to be a hot item and found nothing but positive things to say about it. Im most likely going to use QQ setup considering well its QQ LOL. I just finished his original Yak-54f and just maidened it today, WOW....very nice plane to fly!!! floats in the air like nothing, flys like a giant scale gasser. Which brings me to high expectations for the Byp yak build and flying characteristics coming up!

Joe
Old 06-02-2006, 09:36 PM
HuckinChikn

Joe, you will NOT be dissapointed!! I cant say enough about the BypYak. I also had the yak54 and i thought IT was the best flying foamy( i put her in HARD...), until i saw the bypyak fly for the first time.....wow!
if you use the QQ recommended setup, you will be flying knife-edge square loops right it front of your face! (CRAZY knife edge abilities!) Even with my heavier setup,(around 13 to 131/2 oz)
the damn thing flies KE slower than walking pace. unbelievable!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:58 PM
3D-Kid

Hey 3D good deal.....I really cant wait now, ahh well Im gonna break in the yak and put some $ in the piggy bank for the motor and servos, I believe i read earlier your using the Park400 ountrunner?? How is it? Im either thinking of the 370 QQ used, the 400, or AXI I got with a couple new Thunder Powers. Glad its flying good, really looking forward to the build!![sm=cool.gif]

Joe
ORIGINAL: 3D4EVER

Joe, you will NOT be dissapointed!! I cant say enough about the BypYak. I also had the yak54 and i thought IT was the best flying foamy( i put her in HARD...), until i saw the bypyak fly for the first time.....wow!
if you use the QQ recommended setup, you will be flying knife-edge square loops right it front of your face! (CRAZY knife edge abilities!) Even with my heavier setup,(around 13 to 131/2 oz)
the damn thing flies KE slower than walking pace. unbelievable!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:07 AM
stangevil29
My Feedback: (1)

To all,
So do you think that a E-flite 400 O.R. , E-flite 20 ESC and T.P. 1320's are to much for this plane? I would use E-flite servos as well. Thanks in advance.
Stangevil29
Old 06-03-2006, 11:36 AM
icrashbipes
My Feedback: (18)

depends on if you already have that set-up in hand and it's gonna keep you from having to buy more stuff, I'm no electric expert (this is my first fomie) but I'm using 370 w/ 20A eflite SC and it is all that is needed. also using 1200 thunder's and an electrify 1500.

flew again this morning with the dewbusters and had a blast. i really look like i know what i'm doing with this plane, too much fun...
Old 06-03-2006, 02:12 PM
3D-Kid

Well thats what I was wondering too, I am running the same T.P packs you are and im probaly gonna use the eflite servos they reccomend for it (Pretty Strong Servo, my E-flite CX Heli comes with them and that seems to be the boasting feature of that helis setup). For the motor setup Im leaning towards buying the E-flite 370 outrunner over the 400. The 370 is lighter and a perfect match for this models weight and size, IMO. But do your thing, what works, works. Still cant wait to build it though. My dad wants me to throw him together a foamy he got while back so we can fuss around outback and work up the confidence for the giant scales this year.

Joe
ORIGINAL: stangevil29

To all,
So do you think that a E-flite 400 O.R. , E-flite 20 ESC and T.P. 1320's are to much for this plane? I would use E-flite servos as well. Thanks in advance.
Stangevil29
Old 06-03-2006, 06:20 PM
HuckinChikn

ahh the 400 to the 370 question....[8D] Well my setup is the 400 outrunner, the 20-amp esc(eflite),
gws 6-ch reciever, and 4 hitec hs-55 servos. The Hs-55s are the best micro servos i've ever used, but then again, i havent used the e-flite s75 servos, but the next batch i buy will be the e-flite ones....I just gotta try them!!!
now, my power setup is a little strange... Like i mentioned in an earlier post, my setup seems really underpowered for what it is. its either a bad motor, or my lipos wich are still pretty new. i dont really know yet. i had the same setup in my eflite yak54 and it was the same way. i think i'll try a bigger prop and maybe a bigger battery, if that doesnt make it better i might just ship the motor to E-flite and have them take a look at it
Old 06-04-2006, 04:38 AM
Get Real

Third time out with byp... i cant get over how well this plane hovers/flew 2 packs at 2am in softball diamond. it was really nice flying in no wind and i think i'll be doing a lot more night flying with the byp. i even had it in a hover and took one hand off the transmitter for a few seconds/im not that good but the byp hovers that well. i switched radios to a standard jr 4 channel... dont have the big throws that i had with spektrum cranked to 150% but have plenty for most 3D type stuff.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:53 PM
HuckinChikn

Has anyone had a problem with the elevator halves being warped? my bypyak would fly perfectly straight and level while upright, but when i flipped inverted, the thing would start going up without any elevator input. Well I was looking around trying to figure out the problem, and i noticed that both elevator halves were curved pretty bad. I got them straightened out and i'm going out to fly now and see if it fixed the problem. just wondering if mine was the only one like that?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Get Real

my elevator halves were bowed also.. the byp wanted to climb when elevator was trimmed level even during higher speed flight. i needed down trim to fly level even though cg was at manuals suggested area.. it was nice having the small hole in upper wing to check from. the material this yaks made of is much more resilant it seems.. you can bend it back straight easily without it cracking. i'll probally end up getting a couple more flights on it tonight along with my blade cp.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Get Real

went flying at 1am.. slight breeze/flags at softball diamond were blowing a little. once again its so easy to hover this plane. i had been keeping it around 3 to 5 feet up.. it recovers so well even if you get out of shape.. so i decided to bring it all the way down... touched the tail and hit full throttle and watched the dust fly from field... if i could only hover my other planes like that. the more i fly it the more i like it.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:43 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

if may of you will look back to the first pages of this post you will see my comments on the motor setup questions. a buddy of mine flew mine and fell in love with the plane ang got himself one. he tried a motor he had that weighed the saame as the park 400 and we flew our planes at the same time and you could really tell how much lighter mine flew thru the air. ( once again i'm using the park 370) even thougth it flew pretty good he still wanted the same performance as mine, so he ordered the park 370 1080kv used the same servos and esc as me and now is very happy with it's performance. another friend of mine got one and put a extreme flight torque motor in it and it weighs only a few grams more than mine and he loves his byp yak too!!! we have been working on formation flying the past week or two and at our clubs electric flyin saturday we did a couple flights of formation flying with side by side tr'ing, also we did where i would tr and he would do loops around me, i would hover up right and he hovered inverted right over me and we got so slow with it we touched wing tops!!!!!! him and I got QQ to sign our Byp Yaks own at Joe Nall!!!!! but one thing we did that looked real good was we did rolling circles when i flew a smaller circle and he was right on my wing tips just outside of me. we had the poeple going wild!!!!

mikey
Old 06-05-2006, 04:19 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received one with a warped fuse. The replacement fuse was crushed by UPS. I'm just glad I didn't want to put it in the air as soon as I got it. LOL! I have always been happy with Horizon, and think they will make it right, but I wish I could put it in the air........a little sooner.

turbo
Old 06-06-2006, 09:35 PM
spec36

thats cool mike wish you had a video and the setup you used is the best i have found . I tried the 400 outrunner it was fine but the 370 with some 730and 480 3cells was the best it is very light in the air still working on my vpp byp-yak hope to report soon .. I must have close to 100 flights on mine and not hit the dirt yet I think you would have to try to make it fall out of a houver or knife edge .. it will do a wild desending torque roll very fast roll as it comes down man i love this thing .and the rest of my foamies hate it they stay in the shop more ..
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
nitro wing

I may pick one up on friday with a 370.I really wish I could see a vid of it,any vid..are there any?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
HuckinChikn

i havent seen any vids yet....wait wait.....yes! Go to http://www.gpe-fest.com/
and click photos/videos on the right side of the screen... Click on the Quique Somenzini video!
thats one hell of a demo to introduce a new product! Oh, and aparently the 370 is the much better choice than the 400....[:@] guess i have to go spend MORE money now! aargg!
Old 06-08-2006, 12:23 AM
nitro wing

Thanks Dude,thats all I needed to see.So the BYP and 370 it is then.Is an 18 amp esc enough?
Edit: The site says a 10 amp is recomended for the 370? is this correct?Ok never mind goto all the stats figured out.
Does this build OK or are there some major hickups?( I have build lots before)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.