Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Typhoon troubles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:27 PM
woodymaxx
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typhoon troubles!

My motor cuts out in flight. then once I get it to the ground. it resets. its really anoying. I am figureing its a short in the motor wiring because the servos and radio still work all the time. Anyways so I tested the wires on the esc. and there fine. but the wires on the motor are what it has to be because the yello one got the sheilding cut a little during the last crash. I thought it would be find and kinda sealed it. but I guess not. how do you take the motor apart to re wire it? or what else would make the motor cut out. what it does it will be going for a random amount of time for the most part and then make a grinding noise for a split second and stop.... weird. It used to just do that when I would give it throttle when the prop was stopped or I had tottally let off. It would make I grinding noise for a split second and then go... does everyone elses do that?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 PM
gt_jumper

Default RE: Typhoon troubles!

As long as you just nicked the wire and havent cut all the way through it I'm pretty sure that wouldn't effect it as long as it is not shorting on something. I have never had a brushless make a grinding sound before but i have had one buzz (a busted bearing on an outrunner made the outter case magnets hit the armiture).
but you do say you have had a crash? this could lead to all soughts of problems. Have you range tested the reciever with the throttle on?
Have you checked the connection in the switch (or the jumper thing that some cheap speedies have to swap between 2/3 cell li-pos). Is the speedy fairly hot when it resets? Do you have it on the right cell count for the BEC to work properly. check everything making sure its not different looking and i hope you find what the problem is.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:06 PM
woodymaxx

I don't know what a speedy is and how to check any of that. ya it was a crash. the esc looks fine I don't know.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:17 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

I had a similar problem with my Typhoon. The motor would run fine at low to mid throttle. At full throttle, it would run, high pitch sound and then quit. If I flew the plane at no more than 1/2 throttle, then I had no problems with it. This was my second motor -- no need to talk about what happened to the first motor....! There was something wrong with the motor and everything went back to normal once I replaced it. The third motor has been running without any problems for over six months.

You may want to call Parkzone customer service with your comments for their ideas/suggestions. They are very good at trying to keep customers happy. However, having crashed the Typhoon, they could just assume the problem is due to the crash.

Hope above was of some help.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:20 PM
woodymaxx

I'll try that too I guess. will they help me anyways since its been crashed do you think?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:42 AM
gt_jumper

the grinding sound wouldnt be the gears by any chance?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:05 AM
woodymaxx

nah there all brand new. I thought thats what it was a long time ago and its not ha
Old 09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
woodymaxx

I figured it out. the green wire was stretched in the crash. so it was shorting in and out. I could tell by the discoloration of the wire. so I just cliped it and spliced it and it works just fine now. thanks for the help anyways!