Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Help with flat spins

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:58 PM
trevormatney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with flat spins

Hello! I want to learn how to do flat spins, both upright and inverted, but need help. Can anyone describe how to execute this manuever? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Help with flat spins

Full up (or down) full rudder, and a little opposite aileron. Stall the wing, once the nose starts to drop, slam the sticks.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot depends on rearward CG and enough rudder and elevator movement. I have a 4*60 (slimy glow) that flat spins like crazy. I start by shoving both sticks up and left. Then as spin begins, slowly cross airelons by moving right stick to right top. Keep throttle all the way open and the thing flattens out and spins very fast. Of course starting high and allowing for the wind is important. Also have a Goldberg Ultimate that spins like crazy. Both planes have CG set at rear most point and have lots of throw in tail group.

Now flying a GP Reactor but have not tried spins yet--still working out battery issues.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
wing1

I start in an up line. Get it high for practice. All at once push the elevator all the way up and pull the throttle all the way back. This will flip you inverted. Then move your rudder all the way to the right and gradually add a LITTLE right aileron while still pushing elevator position. Then add throttle to raise the nose. Makes for a perfect inverted flat spin. I find these easier than an upright flat spin. To exit release the sticks. Make sure you have full rudder throw and good neutral or rearward CG. Also, some planes just do them better than others. My Mini Funtana does great flat spins, but my friends mini ultra stick doesn't do them as good.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
itspuddingtime00

Use the aforementioned stick movements, but add throttle and let the inner wing dip a few degrees, and you can get them really tight and fast.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:29 AM
WhtBronco

Above are examples of the traditional means of entering a flat spin. I generally start from a harrier, which is basically a stalled wing, at half throttle kick the rudder over, half elevator and a touch of opposite aileron. Adjust throttle to climb and descend. BTW, this is with 3D throws so you may need to use full elevator. I also generally start out at about 1-2' and climb from there.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:49 PM
trevormatney

Thank you everyone for your replies! I will definitely be trying these suggestions on the sim. I'll let you know if I can get it down. May try it tomorrow with my flatana if it comes together. Thanks again!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:14 PM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

ah perfect the flatana does these well. try a blender it does them well inverted and thats my favorite so try this up high. no throttle at this point downward line left aileron let it really spin up, then do a snap with full right rudder and full down elevator, give it a second or so, then let off the aileron you will be forced into a flat spin heres where you use a little throttle just a little bit to much and you get disaster. but the right amount can make it seem like its not even falling. try it it takes a lotta practice but definately impressive.