Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Razzle 3D

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Razzle 3D

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 03:16 PM
deletemenow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Razzle 3D

Anything new on the Razzle yet!....mine is still waiting to be put together.....just curious....later Ken
Old 01-20-2003, 03:18 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default Razzle 3D

Originally posted by khutson
Anything new on the Razzle yet!....mine is still waiting to be put together.....just curious....later Ken
Nope, still waiting for the new fuse. Not available yet ! I am also very curious about how it will perform.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:05 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default KIT

I have built one and I think it's a piece of JUNK. The hardware is crap the wing hold down is at the wrong angle for the bolts coming through the wing had to break and refix the glue joints, what glue? very little. The hinges are pinned but not glued in the slots for the hinge is 1/8 by1/2 too big and sloppy the pins have no points so most do not go through the hinge. The balsa is the cheap white kind very soft, Tee nuts for the bolts are plastic and the bolts are too small in dia. Looks good finished but I would not by another kit. The GP UCD is ten times better for $30 more
Old 01-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Glock

Default Pic's???

Does anyone who's bought one of these have any pics of it assembled/disassembled that they could share?
Thanks!
Old 01-23-2003, 04:09 AM
EdMan-RCU

Default Razzle 3D

I have the Razzle. Still in the process of putting it together. Waiting on servo's to come in. So far no real problems. I am replacing alot of hardware as I do with many ARF's. Replacing the 2mm rods with 4-40, and Dubro Ball links and control horns on the linkage. Covering is........well, very colorful :rainfro: , but good! My razzle has already been nick-named "Fruit-Loops"!! So far it's looking like it will be very light. No problems with the pinned hinges, or wood. Everything is lining up well so far. Hope to fly "Fruit Loops" soon.

EdMan
Old 01-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Texas 3D

Default Razzle 3D

Originally posted by EdMan
I have the Razzle. Still in the process of putting it together. Waiting on servo's to come in. So far no real problems. I am replacing alot of hardware as I do with many ARF's. Replacing the 2mm rods with 4-40, and Dubro Ball links and control horns on the linkage. Covering is........well, very colorful :rainfro: , but good! My razzle has already been nick-named "Fruit-Loops"!! So far it's looking like it will be very light. No problems with the pinned hinges, or wood. Everything is lining up well so far. Hope to fly "Fruit Loops" soon.

EdMan
Let us know once you performed the maiden flight !
Old 01-23-2003, 01:38 PM
EdMan-RCU

Default Razzle 3D

I'm still waiting for servo's, but it shouldn't be long. Maybe this weekend if they come in today or tomorrow. I will let ya know what I think after the maiden flight. The Saito still needs broken in, and a few other little nick nacks to be done on the airframe.

EdMan
Old 01-23-2003, 04:06 PM
Texas 3D

Default Razzle 3D

What Saito and prop combo will you be running in it ?
Old 01-23-2003, 05:42 PM
EdMan-RCU

Default Razzle 3D

Saito 100 with a APC 15x6. I may try an 15x4W. I don't think I can put a 16" prop on it as ground clearance will be an issue. The 15x6 just does clear. I also replaced the wheels with 3" wheels.

EdMan
Old 01-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Pinhead159
My Feedback: (33)

Default razzle

my friend (funflyer52) brought his new razzle over tongiht and i took some pics of it staright out of the box( below) very light and good constructino, looks like it could be weak just behind the canopy but overall very nice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	49698_1856.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	21762  
Old 01-24-2003, 12:17 AM
Pinhead159

Default raZZLE

here is the razzle just pieced together( no glue yet) i lile they way the vert. fin goes on instead of just sliding down it has a plate that slides wiht it. for the value i might just buy me one. the pilot, inst. panel, motor mount were already installed.
i didn't think to much of it in the pictures but once u get it out of the box it is very nice, do not judge by teh poor pics by manufacturer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	49699_1856.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	21763  
Old 01-24-2003, 05:52 AM
EdMan-RCU

Default Razzle 3D

Well, I got my servo's today, so I'll be getting busy with finishing up the Razzle. Ordered servo's Tuesday from Servo City, today, Thursday they were in the mailbox, WOW, talk about fast service. I have always had good service from those guys. I'd like to here how other Razzles are coming along.

EdMan
Old 01-24-2003, 11:13 PM
AnthonyH

Default Razzle 3D

I will be giving my Razzle its maiden flight this weekend. I have construction pics from the opening of the box to ready to fly on my club website. I did end up building a plate to better hold the battery. I also added tri-stock to the wing bolt plate on the top, I did not like the looks of just 1/8 ply holding the plate. You can see it in the pics. I also used 4-40 pushrods instead of what came with it. I put a GMS .76 on it with a ProZinger 14x4 prop.

Here are the construction pics.
http://www.mprcf.com/features/razzle/index.htm

Here is the finished plane ready to fly.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:17 PM
Texas 3D

Default Razzle 3D

Originally posted by AnthonyH
I will be giving my Razzle its maiden flight this weekend. I have construction pics from the opening of the box to ready to fly on my club website. I did end up building a plate to better hold the battery. I also added tri-stock to the wing bolt plate on the top, I did not like the looks of just 1/8 ply holding the plate. You can see it in the pics. I also used 4-40 pushrods instead of what came with it. I put a GMS .76 on it with a ProZinger 14x4 prop.

Here are the construction pics.
http://www.mprcf.com/galleries/razzle/index.htm

Here is the finished plane ready to fly.
Nice Razzle ! Keep us updated on the maiden flight.
When I joined the wings (only thing I have done to it), I glassed the center part. Did you do that to ?
Old 01-24-2003, 11:32 PM
AnthonyH

Default no glass...might come back to bite my *****

I did not use any glass when joining the wing. I just used 30 min epoxy. I used Titebond on the tailfeathers after removing the covering where the wood met.

I figure being a 3D plane and the light build it would not be pulling that much Gs.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:45 PM
Pinhead159

Default Razzle 3D

please let us know ow it hovers, 3d's etc
Old 01-27-2003, 03:18 PM
AnthonyH

Default Flight report

I flew the Razzle this weekend and it was great
I did not get a chance to put it through the paces because I ran out of fuel first flight was uneventful. I flew it around and trimmed it out. Checked the stall and it really does not want to stall. It just mushes over straight ahead with a slight dip of the nose. Second flight ended with a dead-stick shortly after takeoff. I was really surprised at the glide rate, it floats like a dream. I will get to fly it more next weekend and see what it can do.

I am going to put some contrast color on the bottom of the wings to help orientation. Other than that, I am very pleased with the plane so far.

Old 01-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Texas 3D

Default Razzle 3D

Cool ! Looks lik we might have another winner. Now I can't wait to finish mine (hope the fuse will be available soon), and put it in the air.
What muffler is that on there ?
Old 01-27-2003, 03:37 PM
AnthonyH

Default Razzle 3D

It is the stock muffler that comes with a GMS .76. Their mufflers are similar to the Ultrathrust mufflers. It is big and ugly, but I did not have $$$ for a Pitts.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:19 AM
floridaflyer35

Default how does it fly?

I'm wondering i see al this talk about hovering? Can it fly around slow and easy also? I fly sticks, and caps, but just learning after 2 years of flying how to do some tricks, but i want somthing that can also fly like a stick, but do 3D as i progress So any suggestions? Can i just fly it slowww and easy when i want?
Old 02-22-2003, 04:29 AM
EdMan-RCU

Default Re: how does it fly?

Originally posted by floridaflyer35
I'm wondering i see al this talk about hovering? Can it fly around slow and easy also? I fly sticks, and caps, but just learning after 2 years of flying how to do some tricks, but i want somthing that can also fly like a stick, but do 3D as i progress So any suggestions? Can i just fly it slowww and easy when i want?
The Razzle will fly as slow and easy as you want! It has a low wing loading, thick airfoil on the main wing, lots of wing area, not to mention a pretty light plane.

EdMan
Old 02-22-2003, 05:13 AM
floridaflyer35

Default thanks

Thanks, so does he have any of these left for $150.00 shipped to FL? LOL I'm still waiting for his offer
Old 02-22-2003, 01:32 PM
EdMan-RCU

Default Razzle 3D

Who's that? I bought mine at LHS.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:57 PM
hovermaster
My Feedback: (2)

Default Razzle

We have a Razzle as well and we test flew it in about 25mph winds in a park. It flew nice even though it was realy windy that day. We put a OS 91fx in her and it seems to pull it around pretty good so far. We hovered it breifly but it seemed to be very stable. It handled the wind very good and I could land it very slow. We put pull-pull on rudder using cevelar string. we havn't got to fly in since because of the weather. We can post a pic soon.

Chris & Rod
Old 02-22-2003, 05:45 PM
DHammer
My Feedback: (11)

Default RAZZLE

Well looks as though there are a few Razzle owners out there now. I just received mine and going through the process of deciding what power plant to use and servos.

Hey EDMAN,
what servos did you get from servocity for your Razzle, and did you ever get it up in the air yet?

What other servos are you guys using?

Hopefully will see a few more posts here when the weather gets a little better and those who have finished their's can maiden and give us the reports on likes/dislikes.

DHAMMER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.