Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
1THEPALMER
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

645's are fine, they actually centre better than the 5625. I asume you both are planning on metal gears?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 AM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

The Hitec 5625s are metal gear digitals.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:16 PM
1THEPALMER

Hi Maineflyer: I know them well fly them on the tail of all my profiles, really fast on 6 volts, have broken a rudder on a tail touch without harming the servo!
Have fun with your Velox, go over the landing gear and firewall area with more CA. After the first day flying mine the entire front end was only held together by the slots and tabs. Fifth time out I landed hot (dead stick) and the gear tore right out taking the plate with it, there was a min. amount of glue on the contact areas. In fact one side appeared to have no glue between the gear plate and the triangle stock on the fuse sides. My gear cover was destroyed and the bottom of the cowl was crushed.
Jason does not have SPARES!!
He only had wheel pants and offered to send them @ no charge but they never showed up.
Do not bother much shrinking out the wrinkles as the first time you take it out on a hot sunny day the covering will sag and end up looking like a old plastic bag.
Other than that it fly's great and the supplied hardware holds up fine
Fly it like you stole it!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
maineflyer

1THEPALMER ,
Thanks, I was working on the plane tonight and am trying to get the motor mounted. THe Saito 1.50 is gonna be some work to get in the front but should be fine. Can't wait to fly it.
Jeff
Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM
maineflyer

I messed with the 1.50 last night and there is no way to get it back to 8.2" from the fire wall. The closest I am gonna be able to get is maybe 8.5. The carb is behind the engine and is touching the mounts as it is. Anyone else had an issue getting the proper distance?
Jeff
Old 08-29-2007, 11:46 AM
1THEPALMER

Jeff; You can cut off the front end and install a new firewall. It sounds like you need to loose .5" min. I might go as far as 1.00"
If you decide to go ahead do it this way. Leave the existing firewall in place, measure back the distance you need, mark the new location and measure the width and height needed for the new firewall. cut a new one, glue into place with tri stock front and back, You can add small dia dowels through the sides into the new firewall. When everthing is done and the glue (epoxy) has set cut off the original firewall and mount the monster.
I helped a flying buddy do with with a Wild Hare Extra and it was easy.
Eric
Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 AM
maineflyer

Eric,
Thanks, I was hoping not to put a new one on but I think I will back it up and inch or so then I can put the motor out on the mount some. I think I have gonna put the 1.50 on inverted. Thanks again for the info.
Jeff
Old 08-30-2007, 09:14 PM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

Has anyone else tried a Cline unit on this bird with OS 1.20AX? I've had problems with leaning/sagging,replaced all tubing,tank,one-way valve & new Cline too-getting same thing. Wonder if this engine just doesn't tolerate the Cline well? Love my Velox though!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Berwyn Bill
My Feedback: (16)

MM,

I've followed your posts about your 1.20AX with interest. I don't really don't know what to tell you as my 1.20 ax has never had a problem with sagging or lacked for power. I run mine on 15% Omega with an apc 17x6 prop on a 7.75 pound profile (Fusion 90) and the engne is far over-powering for this plane (just the way I like it). I personally know of a 1.20 ax that hauls a 9 pound 1.20 sized edge with authority (and no pump or reg) so I'm starting to think you may have an engine with a carb flaw of some sort. I'm probably not giving you anything new, but have you tried dismantling the carb and re-assembling it? I've had stranger things fix odd problems before...
Old 08-31-2007, 07:59 PM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

No, I just sprayed out the carb & inlet with pressure. The engine realy runs OK w/o the Cline since I replaced the tank & stuff. I only put it on mainly for long hovers and the engine was showing signs of overheating(sagging) in the summer, again, I thought the Cline would help.
I will probably just take it off for the fall/winter, by then I will have my Fusion/OS 1.20AX(new one) ready, then we'll see whats up.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Berwyn Bill
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: MIXMASTER

No, I just sprayed out the carb & inlet with pressure. The engine realy runs OK w/o the Cline since I replaced the tank & stuff. I only put it on mainly for long hovers and the engine was showing signs of overheating(sagging) in the summer, again, I thought the Cline would help.
I will probably just take it off for the fall/winter, by then I will have my Fusion/OS 1.20AX(new one) ready, then we'll see whats up.

I cannot tell you how much I love my Fusion/120AX combo!!! [sm=teeth_smile.gif]

It's a shame the Velox never caught on. Everyone (Wild Hare, Aeroworks, etc...) seems to be hitting the streets with 1.20 sized aerobats and I take bets the Velox would be right there with any of them in ability.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:19 AM
1THEPALMER

Hi Bill: It is too bad, there are two Velox owners in my club we both seldom fly ours as you cannot get replacement parts from Jason.
A great plane but no after purchase support does not generate return sales. Oh and we both have ripped out our gear on landings that a Wild Hare would have rolled through without damage.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Gungadin

I got a replacement cowling from Jason. I got it about six months after I first started asking him for a new one. Some companies are better at replacement parts than others.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:19 AM
maineflyer

Well got the plane almost ready to go but I am concerned a little about the right thrust. I had to cut the firewall back to allow room for the Saito 1.50. I was carefull to keep the same ratio between the sides and I pinned the walls with metal pins and it seems to be strong. I measured on the front frame and I have about a 1/4 inch off-set from the left to center where my engine is at the rear of the motor to the prop backplate which is centered on the frame exactly. I hope I have it on ok. I usually can tweak the cowl so that it matches the backplate so there is an even gap but I can't figure out a way to do it on this cowl due to the mounting system. I already removed teh plywood former once to get the shaft centered in the cowl and will probably live with the difference in the gap between the cowl and the spinner backplate. Did anyone else encounter similar issues? Is this the norm with this kit?
Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-16-2007, 10:37 AM
choopi

Saito 150, Look like overkill!

I maiden my Velox #2 yesterday, 4x 20 flights on the 120AX, I just decided to put back my 2 stroke OS in it, what a good match. What a plane it flew perfect right away! I will have to make a clip to show how good is that plane. I didnot put my cowl yet hopefuly it wont crack like my previous one. By the way this time a CA all the joint to keep the front end in one piece it still looking good after 80min of airtime. Also I took the time redrill the landing gear to have it more ahead of the CG work good very easy to taxi.

By the way That plane genarated lots of questions at the field, everybody where impressed by that plane!

Eric
Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
atmycabin
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: aubej

Hey all,

We're going on vacation until Monday August 6th. All orders put in will be processed when we return on Tuesday.

To make up for being away, take advantage of the sale on the Velox RII!

MAXAIR is offering the Velox RII for $159.99 until Monday.
Gets yours today...if you already have one, get a spare!

http://www.maxairrc.com/estore/index...ls&prevstart=0

You may want to keep in mind that this does not include shipping. I got charged an additional $70 for shipping to New Mexico.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
ABORH

Have you flown this plan with the Saito 150 ?? I am interested to know how it performs. I am seriously considering an OS 120III instead, thinking that the 150 is much more engine than required.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 AM
maineflyer

I have a 1.50 in mine but haven't flown it yet. I will report once I get it in the air.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:49 PM
maineflyer

Guys,
I finished mine up and it came in heavy I am not happy (Looks like 9lbs 12oz unless the scale is off) without the pants. I don't know why it is so heavy, I have a Saito 1.50 and hitec 5625s and a mighty mini for the throttle. I have a JR extra 1,400 ma nicad and spectrum receiver. The only thing that isn't stock is I put rubber wheels on axels which is about 2oz difference. I was light on the glue also. I tried to post some pics but they won't load
Man I am bummed about the weight.. I can't see any way to take but maybe 4 oz off it by switching the battery and putting difference wheels on.
Jeff
Old 09-23-2007, 03:00 PM
maineflyer

Here are some pictures
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89560.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	768406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26459.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	768407  
Old 09-23-2007, 03:02 PM
maineflyer

Some more...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80845.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	768408  
Old 09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
rcflyer96

I wouldn't be worried about the weight. Personally I would of flown the thing first, if it flies great who cares what it weighs. I've never weighed mine and probably won't because I just enjoy flying it.

Have fun with it.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
choopi

Mine is 8.8 Lbs with a os120ax. I kept everything stock. I don't know why your that heavy but like rcflyer said that plane fly so good that it should be fine. Maybe your scale is off???

Eric
Old 09-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Gungadin

Mine weighs 9 lbs 9oz with a 120 two stroke and flys well.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:06 AM
choopi

I was looking on Maxair website, the Velox is at $159 I could get an other one and get an YS110. What a plane!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.