Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Flipper430

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

Yup,i was just reading post 125 and it looks like you can trim the mount a little to make it work.I have tomorrow off and i plan on doing the maiden this weekend if all goes as planned.Our club is having a fun-fly this long weekend and i can't think of a better time for a maiden.

Thank's Flipper
Old 05-18-2007, 08:35 AM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My OS 120 AX went in without a hitch(side mount). I remember widening the mount holes a bit to get the rails to fit, I also opened up the cowl ring a bit too,to allow for any future adjustments. The prop shaft is pretty much centered, not perfect, but good enough-for me.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:48 AM
MIXMASTER

Got out yesterday, what a day,just perfect in the morning. I tried out the "new" (rebuilt) Cline on the Velox along with a little more Nitro. Unfortunately, the Cline was leaking fuel as soon as I flipped the prop a few times. So I did a bypass operation and flew with out it. The Velox has to be one of the best windy day planes in this class,it picked up later in the day, but no problem for the Velox. It tracks perfectly despite its non-pattern appearance. The best is the rollers & KE. The Rollers are just freakin crazy, I was able to stop in KE and then continue with the roller, a lot of fun "trying" to fly like Kyle W. ( I wish) I'm still not happy with the pullout the OS 1.20 AX is giving me, thats why I tried the Cline unit & Nitro boost. I have to order a new one and try some different props. This plane could be the best one for 68" class, I just need a little more stick time and to get the engine issues solved.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
MIXMASTER

Anyone have the OS 1.20AX in the Velox & hovers a lot? I'm not getting the prop hanging thrust I want with Zinger 17X5(unmodified). I wonder if a 17X6 or some other size will work better-chime in please.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Gungadin

Mix---You probably know that Zinger props are not known for being terribly efficient compared to APC and some other brands. You probably just forgot. You might like the APC 16.5 x 5. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 PM
rcflyer96

As I have suggested, you may want to try an APC 17X6 or 16X6. Really get that Zinger off of there... mix some paint with it, or something.

Nobody take this post the wrong way, just my opinion.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

What do you mean?!??!?!??! I think the Zinger makes a fine paint mixer.

Thanks
Barry
Old 05-25-2007, 04:00 PM
rcflyer96

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

What do you mean?!??!?!??! I think the Zinger makes a fine paint mixer.

Thanks
Barry
True true.... nice smooth finish, works perfect!!

LOL nice reply, I enjoyed it.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Gungadin

I don't know who started the saying about Zinger props being only good for mixing paint. I first heard a guy from New Hampshire say it 6 or 7 yrs. ago, and judging by some of the latest posts others have heard the same saying. The phrase seems to have got around though.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
MIXMASTER

It started out with "Master-paint-stick", now its Zinger behind the 8-ball. It might be true, I relented and tried a APC 17X6, which I already had in my flight box for the Saito 1.50 I had. It did give me a little extra "grunt" for pull out, the R's dropped from 9,500&17X5 to 9,200 & 17X6. I then ran 15% Nitro & installed a Cline, then the Shi*** hit the fan,nothing but trouble since, I have to figure out whats bad, the high end needle does nothing now, almost all the way out & only 200 RPM change, same thing going in??? Then it quit mid-air after 1 minute of flying,I know I shouldnt have launched it, but it was holding a steady 9200 RPM. The dead stick landing was good, it did bend the gear slightly,nothing else. Then it quit again after a minute or so, wasnt so lucky this time, the landing was even smoother than the first but gear must have weakened and broke out. Its no big repair job, in fact it will be stronger than before as there was hardly any glue at the joints. There was one peice of tri-stock still on the plate, I pushed on it with my finger & it fell off! Again, no glue under it. Its a shame, the Velox is a real nice flyer, a little more care in manufacturing would go a long way. I was having a blast with the rolling harriers,stopping mid-roll in KE then continue the RH, not many planes have that much aileron control in HA. I'm keeping it, problems & all.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Gungadin

Mix--Boy ! The people building this airplane sure are consistent. The tri stock on my gear mounting plate fell off when I was working on it on the work bench. Sounds like the same guy built yours as mine. No glue is the problem.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:32 AM
MIXMASTER

Its all repaired with hardwood tri-stock & epoxy & Pro-Bond, aint coming off now! Lucky it was a clean separation, at least with little to no glue, it comes apart without much damage. I'm really starting to like the Velox, I got it to harrier right DOD, did a landing the other day, didnt plan on it,didnt want to, but I did it because the fence was too close. With only 1.25" prop clearance,the engine still running, it had to be perfect. I wont do that again though, not for a while at least, figure I was lucky that time! Now I just have to figure out what went wrong with the Cline, first time I've ever had a problem.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Gungadin

Mix--I'd be interested to find out if there is a problem with your Cline regulator, cause I have one also. Let us know if you find what the problem is with the regulator.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:48 AM
MIXMASTER

I'm on it, did the bypass operation last night, its ready to go. Will give an update as soon as I know what's up. I always flip the prop a few times & check for tank pressure, then flip again & wait for 5 or 10 minutes, there should still be pressure in the tank. It passed this test before I flew it, the other thing is to check there is no fuel leaking out to carb after priming the tank(full tank) & engine is not running. The Cline should not let any fuel pass even with pressurized tank(engine not running). If all that works, usually everything is good to go.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:30 AM
shonsimpson

Anyone have a Velox with the right elevator servo cutout not in the position described in the manual? Mine came with one shorter push rod and the instructions describe the right elevator servo cutout as being closer to the elevator than the left. The elevator servo cutouts are positioned the same distance from the elevator. Anyone else?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Gungadin

Yea, I made up my own pushrods and hardware cause I did not care for what was supplied, but have two different length pushrods which is not good when you are trying to keep the geometry the same for both elevator halves. I had to mix out the difference with my radio. One of the kits short comings.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 PM
volksman
My Feedback: (3)

i picked up a velox last summer and sorted out an rcs 140 on it.my ignition died so a freind of mine wanted to try a ryobi 28 on it. surprisingly its not bad we are no 3d fellas but it will hover sorta got some pull out and we are turning a 16-8 3 blade master airscrew 7700. it even hand starts from cold. it will go from a hover to a dot in the sky but just not rocket like . this is a very delicate airplane to handle with your hands but takes anything ya can throw at it. also my gas engines havent shook it apart. the gear has been taken out twice. my guess prolly about 250 landings on this thing many were dead stick from about 40 ft in the air with the cursed rcs. That thing finally got sorted out a strong little engine just no where near worth the money they charge for them. the ryobi if it was only a bit lighter electonic ignition will only save about 4 ounces. the velox is a fantastic airplane. only ya in the range where the engines like 20-30 percent nitro .
Old 06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
MIXMASTER

The OS 120 AX may not take the Cline unit, it tunes properly without it, when its on, the high end needle does NOTHING AT ALL. I've used many Clines, this is the first engine it didnt like. I also have this wierd problem where the engine cuts off after 3 minutes of flight, only in the air??? I have a NIB 120AX, maybe I'll mount it & see whats up with the Cline again. I will probably quit flying for the summer, its brutal on the glow engines,specially hovers.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:05 AM
MIXMASTER

My Velox is back in service, new tank,tubing & tightened every screw on the engine, its fine now. I noticd a cut in the backplate pressure fitting tube, that may have been the problem,anyhoo, its back. I had 3 planes with engine troubles all in one week, sucks!!!
I gave it a few test flights last eve, I'm trying to do rolling harrier circles with right aileron, I actually stopped the rolls & went the otherway once. Man ,its like throwing a ball with your left arm, it felt retarded!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
MIXMASTER

Been flying the Velox every weekend now, just love the rollers & KE, its making me a better 3-d'er because of that. The Do will not do rolling harriers like the Velox, not even close. I can actually fly the Velox sideways with the canopy facing me(extreme HA KE), its a stunt I saw a full scale Extra do in an air show years ago, I tried to duplicate it with many a model, came close to it with a Goldberg Ultimate but the Velox has it pegged, once I get it on its side I use full rate rudder until its almost vertical, then cut the throttle to keep from going fully vertical, then manage the throttle & rudder to keep the plane moving sideways at very HA angle. Its sort of like slow HA KE but a little more HA while the plane is moving in the original direction started. The only thing I'm missing out on right now is hovering, even with the 1.20 AX , it can barely hold a hover in the heat of summer.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
MIXMASTER

I am definately having fuel delivery problems, it shows up in hovers and in HA KE, the engine sags & will not rev up to max RPM , I'll have to try the Cline again or a pump maybe.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Gungadin

Mix--How far away from the engine is your tank ? Just wondering cause I've been flying mine since last July with no pump and no problems with fuel feed unless I miss the needle setting.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:06 AM
MIXMASTER

The stock location I believe, sits on the tray provided, it might be 8-10" from tank to fuel inlet. If the clunk is not hanging up in any attitude, then I'll put the Cline back on since I did have other problems that have since been resolved. The problem is exactly like one other plane I had, it shows up in KE, especially when I turn sharply in KE, you can here the engine sag and there is no full throttle RPM until I roll upright again. I suspect its the same when I hover, I first thought it was overheating , but after removing the cowl its samo. I remember making sure the clunk did not touch the back of tank when vertical.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:52 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

max
You probably have already done this but it happened on my gasser. the fuel tubing got hard. I replaced it with new tubing and re set the clunk depth.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 PM
MIXMASTER

Thats a gasser thing, never has happend to my glows. The blue silicon tubing does stretch some after being immersed in glow fuel, specially higher nitro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.