Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

Thanks,

I remember when first learning harriers, I used some spoileron to help but I would just put it on my flap switch and pop them up a little. I was afraid of what you mentioned about getting in trouble with them in a mix and figured I would[8D]. I had it where they only came up about 1/4" which on that particular plane is all it took to help the wing rock. I eventually learned without spoilerons but for whatever reason can't get this one to settle down. I might try the spoileron to see if I can calm it down.

Z
Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

Spoileron alone didnt do it , it needed the wing tips, they extend to trailing edge of ailerons.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
FLYMIKE

Have you guys checked your incidence on stabs....?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
MIXMASTER

Pretty sure I did, it was over a year ago, I do have a nice meter,Robart I think. Its glued in now, no way to change.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
FLYMIKE

Yah..when i glued mine in they where dead on...no mods to be made...
Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 AM
rino
My Feedback: (121)

So, where do you order this bird in the US. I want one.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Here... www.maxairrc.com
Thanks
Barry
Old 12-18-2007, 10:03 AM
MIXMASTER

Get one, you wont regret it. I have 2, I'm going for lightness with #2, CF/Titanium rods,Futaba servos,CF gear, Macs Header & mini-pipe . I'll be happy if its 8.5 or under.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 PM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

If I really like mine I am gonna get a second one and try to get it as light as possible. Mine came in at just under 10 lbs
Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
rino
My Feedback: (121)

I emailed them and they didn't get back to me. I will try again.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
rcflyer96

Give him some time, it's a one man show....
Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 PM
choopi
My Feedback: (1)

That is the end of it, The velox is on final sale 2 for $200. Wow! I already have two. Anabody that want one is the time!

http://www.maxairrc.com/index.php

Eric
Old 02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
MIXMASTER

Maxair going out of business or just the end of the Velox? I still have one flying & one N.I.B, only complaints is the weight(which doesnt affect flight performance much) & brittle wood , other than that, its a good plane to have around. Its a little squirrly to TR, its always trying to get out of it but its good practice, keeps your skills sharp. If it wasnt for better flying 50cc planes, I'd always have one, in fact, I did find a 50cc Velox on the web somewhere,mmmmmmmmm, no, I've spent the farm already!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:46 PM
timrpilot

covering
Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Desert Toad

Other than the crazy cost of shipping, anyone have a good reason I should buy their 2 for 200 special? I have a YS 110 that would be a perfect fit.

DT
Old 03-05-2008, 11:10 PM
choopi

You don't need two but at that price? Why not. As for shipping it's coming from Canada and it's a big box. If you get two you get a spare one, it's ok if you like it. Me I love that plane, so it's good to have a spare one. Between my GP Yak 54 with a 50cc and this Velos, I prefer the Velox, but it's all up to you at the end of the day!

Eric
Old 03-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Desert Toad,
I have this plane with a YS110. Outstanding combination. I know this to be about the best flying plane in this size. And I've owned most of the big names in this class. This one by far out flys them all. Almost perfect KE and does everything else nice also. Will do great 3D. Mine weighed 8lbs 12ozs with the mighty 110. The engine had plenty of power for it.

This plane isn't the best quality in covering and some spots in the balsa but it well built and tough just a little "soft" in areas. You will want to glue most of the joints you can see with a bottle of CA and use some epoxy on the firewall and then you'll have a great flying plane with excellent "toughness".

I really liked mine...until a friend I gave it to flew it into the ground. Bye Bye.

I can promise you, you won't be disappointed in the way this baby flys. And, at this price...how can you go wrong.

thanks
Barry
Old 03-08-2008, 12:32 PM
MIXMASTER

If your rolling harriers & KE need a little working on, the Velox will get you there. It does nice walls & harriers too. If it wasnt for bigger 3-D planes I would be flying mine a lot more. I have a quick vid of a Velox in a TR & a harrier-wall at the end of a U Can Do vid, here in RCU, search for Mixmaster to find it. Check out the OMP 80" Edge profile w/OS 1.60 , search for "BoBo".
Old 03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
blackbeer

My Velox should be here at the end of the week as well as a new YS110 to hang on the nose. I would really like to try and keep the weight down to about 8 and a half pounds if I can. I am thinking of using a bellcrank for the elevators and use one servo. Right now besides my profiles, which I really love, I am trying to get a handle on my Cap Maniac with a Saito 100 on it. It is coming around but was a handful at first. Very sensitive to elevator. I ordered the Velox after reading this intire thread and can't wait to try it out. Any suggestions for weight saving on this plane. I am quite spoiled by my profiles as far as 3D goes but it sure would be nice to have a fatty that isn't a gasser but flies like one. Might be asking too much but from what I've read here the Velox might be the closest I will get. Plus I would like to start learning IMAC and I thought maybe this plane would be a good one for that as well. After flying RC for about 45 years 3D has rekindled a spark I thought I had lost. I haven't had this much fun flying in a looooooooooong time.

Tom
Old 03-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Gungadin

ORIGINAL: blackbeer

My Velox should be here at the end of the week as well as a new YS110 to hang on the nose. I would really like to try and keep the weight down to about 8 and a half pounds if I can. I am thinking of using a bellcrank for the elevators and use one servo. Right now besides my profiles, which I really love, I am trying to get a handle on my Cap Maniac with a Saito 100 on it. It is coming around but was a handful at first. Very sensitive to elevator. I ordered the Velox after reading this intire thread and can't wait to try it out. Any suggestions for weight saving on this plane. I am quite spoiled by my profiles as far as 3D goes but it sure would be nice to have a fatty that isn't a gasser but flies like one. Might be asking too much but from what I've read here the Velox might be the closest I will get. Plus I would like to start learning IMAC and I thought maybe this plane would be a good one for that as well. After flying RC for about 45 years 3D has rekindled a spark I thought I had lost. I haven't had this much fun flying in a looooooooooong time.

Tom
Tom--I flew this airplane in my first IMAC season. It took me thru 4 contests. You could do a lot worse.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:54 PM
RoyR

Did anyone get two while they were on sale and need to get rid of one?
I wanted to buy them at that price, but I just don't have the space for two big boxes lying around. I do enjoy flying the Velox I have, but thought it may be nice to have an extra one, just in case.

If anyone wants to sell a new one try me with a price

Roy
Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 AM
rclement

Sounds like these planes are becoming extinct. I saw one fly yesterday while visiting another flying field and want to get one but it looks like they are no more. Anyone have any suggestion for a plane this size and style that does good knife edge and flies good like the Velox?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 AM
MIXMASTER

If I was still into glow, I would try a Flinton model. I got to fly one, wasnt set-up for 3-D but it was the lightest, nicest tracking model of that size(.60-.90) I've seen, Inspire if I remember right. I sold my "spare " Velox to a friend, he put Evo 1.00 in it, came out 8.5 lbs but lacks hover & pull out power, he's doing slow HA KE all over the place, testimony to how nice the Velox was. Mine was a bit disappointing weight wise=9.5 lbs, but it still flys 3-D well with OS 1.20AX.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:37 AM
rclement

Thanks Mixmaster. I do have an Inspire but I haven't flown it recently because I had to take the Perry pump off of it to use on another plane. But you're right, they are very nice flying planes. I'll have to get another pump and get it back into the air. [X(]
Old 05-19-2008, 11:20 AM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

Got one lap on mine for the maiden before it deadsticked. The new Saito 1.50 needs some work on the low end. Glided very well. What I did notice when I got the cowl of back at the home is the nylon mount is flexing some on the rails. Not sure if I should replace it or fly with it. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.