Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
FLYMIKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

We will see. I ordered last night and havnt recieved a confirmation yet. The LHS said that it took them 14 days to tell them that there is no more.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:33 PM
highlander52

I ordered mine yesterday and got an automated email confirmation from MAXAIR but it did not include shipping costs which makes me wonder. I hope they still exist as I'm really looking forward to this airplane.

Highlander 52
Old 04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
FLYMIKE

ORIGINAL: highlander52

I ordered mine yesterday and got an automated email confirmation from MAXAIR but it did not include shipping costs which makes me wonder. I hope they still exist as I'm really looking forward to this airplane.

Highlander 52
Maybe youll get the last one. It shows they have one in stock. I still havnt got confirmation.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM
FLYMIKE

Mixmaster, did you work out the wing rock in harriers? Is it just slight?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
highlander52

FLYMIKE-

Hopefully this is much ado about nothing and we'll both get ours next week!

Highlander52
Old 04-26-2007, 02:08 PM
FLYMIKE

FLYMIKE-

Hopefully this is much ado about nothing and we'll both get ours next week!

Highlander52
Yah, If we do get ours, Im going to take my money from the LHS account and give him some choice words.
[>:]
Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 AM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

Not yet, the last I did was bend one elev. half & hit the top with a heat gun to pull the warp/twist out of it. That's what I think is causing the 2 elevator halves to be mis-aligned when I center them using the counter-balance as a reference. I have to fly it a few time again to see whats up. If I could get rid of the rock, this plane would be the best yet.( its still pretty good anyway)
Old 04-27-2007, 11:08 AM
FLYMIKE

Well, 244.99 was taken from my account but I have not recieved any emails from them. Maybe Ill get one yet.
Mixmaster, hope that works. Try one or two clicks of down elevator. Your nose will feel a little heavy but sometimes it takes all the bad habits out. Ive had planes track better and took out the rocking too.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
highlander52

I got another email saying that they charged my account and that the order was pending. FLYMIKE, I wonder if perhaps your email isn't working correctly? Looks like all this worrying was for nothing, at least I hope so.

Highlander52
Old 04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
FLYMIKE

I went to the sight and looked at my order and it said they charged me but it is still pending too. Ive been getting emails from everyone else. I will check my junk-spam email.
I am really pissed off at the hobby shop!! Not sure what there problem is but I should have been flying mine by now. Sorry for the worry.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:16 PM
FLYMIKE

Yep, the emails went to my junk mail. Figures
Old 04-27-2007, 04:35 PM
highlander52

Glad to hear it FLYMIKE.

I'm planning on a HS-6975 on the rudder and HS-635s for everything else...all at 6V. Any comments on whether the 635s will be enough? TIA
Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
FLYMIKE

Glad to hear it FLYMIKE.

I'm planning on a HS-6975 on the rudder and HS-635s for everything else...all at 6V. Any comments on whether the 635s will be enough? TIA
Im using HS-645mg from FX100 all the way around. Throttle HS85mg.
I think the 635 are faster but lower tork. Should be fine depending on the way you fly.
Im going to do slow high alfa 3D and those servos will hold for me. Just make sure there metal gear!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:01 PM
FLYMIKE

Glad to hear it FLYMIKE.

I just looked at the 635's and I take it back. I would not use them on this plane. Even if you plan to fly normal, there will be a risk of flutter in the control surfaces. If one tiny tooth on any of the gears are weak or just happen to strip on landing you will have flutter. I would fly 635's in a 40 size plane but not this one. I say this from lots of experience on this matter.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Flipper430

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't receive any small wood screws for mounting the control horns for the elevator or the ailerons,can someone please tell me what size was used for this?Also for the guy's running the Hitec servos did the blue aluminum servo arms give you the required throws for 3D?

Thank's
Dan
Old 04-30-2007, 12:27 AM
1THEPALMER
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Flipper: The screws for mine were in a seperate bag inside the large envelope that contained the instructions and some vinyl decals right on top when I opened the box.
Used the blue arms for the elevators had to go with DU BRO long arms for the rest.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Flipper430

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i guess i didn't get screws or graphics.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 AM
pliebo

Is it true there are no more velox's? Dang, I love this plane, I guess I'll have to stop reccomending them to people. I have mine set up with the YS 110, and it's one of the best. Knew I should have ordered an extra one.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

They are still advertising them at Maxair? & OMP I think.
My Harrier situation with the Velox: After re-shaping the warped elevator half & flying again, it did not change the situation, but;...
I dialed in more spoilerons, I had to do the same thing I have in the Do, the elev-flap mix was maxed out at 100%, so I added in an open P-mix for another 35% elev-flap(135% total) & it started to lock in better even in gusty winds. When it calmed down a bit I came in low once(about 8 feet,nothing special). Its a bit more work than I expected but I think this will do it. At least on a calm day I'll be able to drag the tail. I still had to use right aileron once in a while but it was gusty so I assume it was that. I still have enough travel on the ailerons even with the 135% mix up to level the wings.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 AM
1THEPALMER

The Maxair website shows in stock, have you actually checked?
If gone go to Peak Models, then work through the sub list (aircraft/gas page 2) $299.00 US with shipping included.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:30 PM
choopi

Hi guys,

Last winter the front of my velox collapsed, I didn't put enough glue! When this happen the engine cowl got destroys, now I decide to give up on that plane, you cannot get any parts for it. I still have the plane, the wings are like new, if somebody need some parts, you can let me know!

Eric
Good plane but when you can't get parts what can you do?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:33 PM
FLYMIKE

ORIGINAL: choopi

Hi guys,

Last winter the front of my velox collapsed, I didn't put enough glue! When this happen the engine cowl got destroys, now I decide to give up on that plane, you cannot get any parts for it. I still have the plane, the wings are like new, if somebody need some parts, you can let me know!

Eric
Good plane but when you can't get parts what can you do?
Buy a new one, Then you have a new plane with spare parts.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:01 PM
FLYMIKE

I got another email saying that they charged my account and that the order was pending. FLYMIKE, I wonder if perhaps your email isn't working correctly? Looks like all this worrying was for nothing, at least I hope so.

Highlander52
Highlander52 , Have you heard anything yet?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
highlander52

Not really, I sent them an email questioning the use of 635s and got a response from them. They seem to think they'll be ok but I sprang for 5 x hs5945s, should be more than enough. They did not mention when the plane would be sent. I was hoping to have it by now as I've crashed everything else that I had flyable, I had a very bad saturday....
Oh well, they all end up that way sooner or later but the sooner ones hurt more. Hope you get yours soon FLYMIKE.

Highlander52
Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
FLYMIKE

Not really, I sent them an email questioning the use of 635s and got a response from them. They seem to think they'll be ok but I sprang for 5 x hs5945s, should be more than enough. They did not mention when the plane would be sent. I was hoping to have it by now as I've crashed everything else that I had flyable, I had a very bad saturday....
Oh well, they all end up that way sooner or later but the sooner ones hurt more. Hope you get yours soon FLYMIKE.

Highlander52
Man that sucks. Its allways nice to have something thats flyable. I have a flyable plane but it hasnt been flown yet and is my first gasser. Would like to fly this one first to get some nurve up. But if this one fly's better I will be stumped because I put alot of money into the other. Anyways I hope you get yours soon too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.