Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

One of a kind 3D machine

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

One of a kind 3D machine

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 PM
freebird1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of a kind 3D machine

Hi

man, this thing(Dazzler moded kit) will do it all. Crazy fun!!!! This is the second time on the bench. First time out she fulterd on a high speed turn in the 3ed flight with the added tail. Braced the tail and sheeted this time, she is right!!!! She has super power with the 32 O.S. SX with the Mac long tune. Pulls her way to fast if you let it, but the power is there if I need it. Just thought some of you would like to see her. She has a highly moded tail which gives me all the throw I need and then some.

Freebird
Old 05-01-2006, 06:29 PM
freebird1

Default RE: One of a kind 3D machine

Sorry, I do not know what went wrong when I posted the photos the first time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30210.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	453943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46983.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	453944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70334.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	453945  
Old 05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
lomcevek1

That is one AWESOME looking plane you got there !!!!

Howeveer I highly doubt it is a good 3D machine.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:50 PM
richohealey

forced to agree... what prop is on that?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:54 AM
freebird1

Thank you for the comment lomcevek1, very proud of her, but you would be really surprised at how well she will fly. You have to be very careful at high speed not to over control. She has a 10x6 and that little O.S. SX turns it just a little over 15k. The one on her now is a master air. Was all I had handy, so tomorrow I am going to get a APC. She will 3D now, but I am moving the CG back slowly. I had a uproar that I was told would not 3d. Added Rud and EL. to the tail and a turtle deck and she would do most of 3Ding well. As far as this one goes with the added tail control, it is me the pilot that is lacking in the 3Ding control. She flys very slow with lot of control at any speed while power is not an issue.

This is a photo of the uproar I did some mods to.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77108.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	454473  
Old 05-02-2006, 10:43 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lomcevek is totally bias, the only 3D plane that exists for him is the MOJO! Hehehehee ...
Old 05-02-2006, 11:39 AM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

Freebird, very nice job.... Makes me want to clean mine back up and try it. So with your
tail mods it'll make her 3D??
Old 05-02-2006, 06:26 PM
freebird1

well, she is doing most 3d moves pretty good. I am moving the cg and trying to get the pitch right. As far as the tail she has more than enough to 3d now. I thing with the cg and pitch right she will be a real 3D machine to fly. I have around 10 3d birds and she is already in the top 4 of the bunch. One is a Funtana with an 80 saito. Never the less a thought up design in the making. I love this hobby.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:45 PM
richohealey

wait... your 32 will turn a 10 x 6 at 15k? wow! my only engines are quite old but my 46SF yep SF will turn a 10 x 6 at 14.5K, with a nelson piston.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:12 AM
freebird1

Ranges from 14.9 to 15.25 with the mac long tune. 15% fuel same on 2 tacs. My friend said I was crazy to fly that D***N thing, but he flys scale birds. Lots of engines will turn the RPM when moded, it is just a question of how long. The problem is I want to do 3D with this bird but the RPM have to be up on the long pipe. I am thinking of going with some type of 4c. I guess the long tune was handy from my pylon days. Works, but the expo is set way low and still at that it is tricky.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:05 AM
lomcevek1

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Lomcevek is totally bias, the only 3D plane that exists for him is the MOJO! Hehehehee ...

Now Now play nice

I have had 4 dazzlers and built about 8 (Four for some friends). tweaked tails and ailerons, and they would 3D with a fair amount of effort. I could get them to hover for a little while, but with the OMP Edge, the Chinn YAK and of course the MOJO, there is just no way to compare them.

I had an absolute BLAST with all my Dazzlers, but after a while I got bored with them.

I have to say that of all the ones around freebird1 has the coolest one I have ever seen.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 AM
freebird1

thanks for the comment lomcevek1. Still working on the dazzler. Out of all the bird you stated you did not put the Pizazz in there. It is one of the most easyest birds to do most 3d moves I have ever flown besides the min-3D. You just do not read much about the Pizazz. With a 65 up front she does most moves with real ease. O well, thanks again lomcevek1 I love my little dazzler.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Wings-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freebird, Cool airplane, but I think the same thing could be said about you flying a modern Profile. I think you would be shocked how much better these planes 3D compared to a Pizazz, even with tail mods. I did the same thing you did only I had a K&B screaming .48 with a pipe. It was a wild & crazy plane, but not what I would now call good at 3D. What I found out is that large fuse side area and a large diameter, slow turning, low pitch prop is much much better for 3D. The size of the rudder didn't matter much. After struggling to hover down low with this setup I tried a 4 lb. Sledge with a Saito .72. Wow...WOW! Like Lomcevek said, once you have flown a new profile, it's really hard to consider anything else in the "40" size a 3D airplane.

So, don't pay attention to the profilers, they are spoiled by these pure 3D planes. You still have a great 3D set-up when compared to other 40 size wide bodies.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

If we compare anything with the pizazz whatever you put up against it is sure to win. The pizazz sucks. Its like taking a Toyota Echo to race in NASCAR event. I love profiles but if you are looking for a fatty .40 sized then the Fliton 330 is the best IMO.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:22 PM
freebird1

First, I did not start this thread to compare 3D types. I just had a plane I worked hard on and thought some would like to see it. I am not a real fan of profile, but each to his or her own I say. Second, I simply stated the Pizazz was a good flyer for me, so I am a little comfused at the if WE compare. Have you even flown a pizazz. If you have I would say the CG or pitch was off, or you where under power by the it sucks statement. I can make the plane perform well. In fact I have had three. You may ask why three? Every time I build one someone has to have it, trade or buy. The one I have now has an OS 65. I was flying it in the wind and did a smooth harrier landing . A guy came up to me and asked me if I wanted to sell it. If the Pizazz is a bad plane I never wish to have a good one. I do not know what else to say.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:37 PM
southern_touch9

I have flown four of them all set up different.

Saito .80, saito .91, Y.S. 63, and a O.S. 60

Simply put, its a sport plane capable of some 3D.

Your plane looks nice. I would have kept the elevator fatter towards the plane but yours has a distinction about it. I have flown two stock dazzelers. Personally, I wouldnt own one (too much effort and tweaking to make it perform). Profiles arnt all I fly. In this class range there are a few planes I recommend (UCD .40, Lazer3D, Fliton Extra 330, Hype, Powerline Edge, mojo, EF Yak, Katana P. 46) there are a few more. But the pizzaz and dazzeler dont make the list. And yes, I have flown all of these and owned most of them and I do consider myself decent at 3D flight.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:37 PM
freebird1

OK, you have flown, or owned 4 of them you must have liked something about the Pizazz. If they were not your own maybe that is the reason for the performance issue. CG, Power, and pitch is everything. It takes me at least 10 flight to set up my birds. I currently have the 23% powerline edge, CMP katana, funtana Min-3D, dazzler, uproar, 1/4 Scale custom built uproar, twist, . I did own a UCD 90 with a FX, but sold it because I got tired of putting CA where hot glue was. All top of the line 3Ders I am told. Out of the 23 birds I have, still I grab the Pizazz the most. I do not consider myself to be a super pilot, that I why I question your statement on the Pizazz. So, What was it about the Pizazz you had trouble with. Hovers with little stick movement, very controlable at low speed, flat spins, EXE for me.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:45 AM
southern_touch9

It didnt like High alpha, sucked at harrier rolls, very washy 3D (nothing precision at all about it), wouldnt creep along the field in a Knife Edge, water falls were not tight (more like a quick loop). There is a whole lot more to 3D than hovers (which it did ok, but nothing to write home about).
Old 05-05-2006, 07:30 PM
freebird1

OK, did you set the birds up or did someone else. The only move you stated I have not done with the Pizazz is a rolling circle, as i am not good at that move. I keep trying. It may be a case as Frank Noll stated. People take a plane and after 3 flights they either say it is perfect or it is trash. It takes me at least 15 flights to get a plane set up right. I just know the Pizazz is a good bird, and I have had around a 100 or so. O well, one last question and I am dropping the subject. Have you evey built a kit or and ARC. O yes, good luck with your Professional career in modal aviation.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:33 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

ORIGINAL: freebird1

thanks for the comment lomcevek1. Still working on the dazzler. Out of all the bird you stated you did not put the Pizazz in there. It is one of the most easyest birds to do most 3d moves I have ever flown besides the min-3D. You just do not read much about the Pizazz. With a 65 up front she does most moves with real ease. O well, thanks again lomcevek1 I love my little dazzler.
Freebird - I don't think any offense was meant to you but you did state that the Pizazz is easy to 3D and other guys were just saying that although you may have liked the way the Pizazz 3D's and flies, that in their opinion there are much better planes for 3D in a 40 size. Enjoy your plane but why not be open to their suggestions for future 3D planes....
Old 05-06-2006, 07:15 AM
southern_touch9

Thats exactly what I was trying to get arcoss aviti

And to anwser your question. Yes I have built kits before, but no ARC's. As a matter of fact I have designed about 3 airplanes and scratched them from a pile of balsa (no Laser cut or "real" plans). You say you owned an uproar right? I have built 3 of them from kits and 2 from plans with special mods (trying to get it to 3D). Fun plane but just like the pizazz its no 3D machine. Now days I dont have time to build anything, which is sad. SO, I turn to ARFs, the average guy cant build nearly as good as they do. Everything is Laser cut and Jig built and the covering has really improved over the past couple of years.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:26 PM
freebird1

I am always ready to learn. I have only been in 3D for a little over 3 years. I only stated it does MOST 3D move easy for me and I got "If we compare anything with the pizazz whatever you put up against it is sure to win. The pizazz sucks. Its like taking a Toyota Echo to race in NASCAR event." I simply asked after that what was the trouble. I am president at one club and a board member and Vice at another club. We have lots on newcomers to the hobby. I think we have somewhere around 15 in the two clubs that have less than a year in the hobby. I tell them all to check out RCUniverse. What if they post I sure like my alph trainer and they get It is the worst plane ever and it sucks. I feel my replys where just. southern_touch9 , I take no insults from your post and I am sure you are a super pilot and have lots of knowledge about the 3D sport. with that all happy flying.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:27 PM
southern_touch9

No problem man

The alpha is a great trainer. I wish I would have had one to learn on back in the day. I started with some kind of kit built Great planes with a flattened wing (bought it used) gentel wasnt in its vocabulary. It would snap roll with the best of them back in its day (13 years ago). Your only one state away, we should get together and see how far we can push that dazzeler of yours.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
freebird1

Columbus is not that far at all. You can show me the trick behind the rolling circle. That is a move that is really giving me some trouble. thanks again!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:56 AM
southern_touch9

unfortunatly there is not much of a trick too it. I have been trying to get my dad doing it for the past 2 years. Its a "feel" move. Lots of sim time back on the orginal realflight many years ago is what got mine going. REally once you get it you can do it with almost anything (some are better than others) I have done it with just about every trainer, and a couple of warbirds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.