Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Inverted prop hanging/

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Inverted prop hanging/

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Size 14

To the Doctor
Very good show :thumbup: , but the crashes were seriously harmful to some pilot's wallet's.
I thought you had to be good to fly at a public display, some of the pilot's and planes just weren't ready for this type of event.
At least my wings did'nt fall off, that's not a design error though, just some forgot to pack out the mounting plate DOH!!!
Lucky no one was killed. :boxing:
Till tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:38 PM
doctor jason

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mr PRO

It's so good to talk to some one so knowledeable I totally agree and support your views, sorry I have not been in touch but the Irish man is making me work very hard I used to like my old life where I got paid less and did a lot lesswork.

How ever I have been able to design a new aeroplane.

I aim to dominate the world with my new multi engine gas turbine funfly,aerobatic, 3D trainer,glider which will fit into any large car with the wings already attatched. This is because I don't trust people when it comes to folllowing my instructions.you never know if the instructions are not followed it is a possabillity that the wings may come off in flight and due to litigation I do not want any design faults in this aerplane, as otherwise some inept model magazine could end up suing me. Anyway back to the issue in hand I will be promoting this fantastic model very soon!

The plane will come as a doodle and balsa pack only and if requested i can arrange a stanley knife and ruler for you. the cowl will be an Aramid fiber. It is available in two halfs one half is available from Mat's hobbys in Ireland and the second Half is made by munchin's lunch bar in Scotland. Unfortunately it is not possable to buy both halfs from one shop, this is in my belief total quality control,as if one half is moulded incorrectly the other half might be ok,but this is not guaranteed. The under cart is not available at present but the the wire will be available from ABC Barbecue near North Wierd some time after my doodle is released on the Stock exchange.
I am presently updating the doodle in to a managble A4 photo copy with some out dated weather on the back.
The model is heavily designed on an Italian full size aircraft the Extra 560 and after much thought in to the name of this model with names like Extrees. excess, Ex-iss.Excellant egdjturand many other wonderful fantastic exciting names I chose the name which does relate to any other model on this forum

EXCRESH [son]
Old 05-12-2003, 04:49 PM
doctor jason

Default Inverted prop hanging/

Sorry,But some one has just said I spelt the name wrong and that you should replace the "E" with an "I" but I said they were talking crap!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Mystic Meg

I think you guys have been smokin the funny stuff !

Wheres Green Island any way !?

I wonder, can you still get variable pitch props that you can change in flight ? Would be cool if you could get one that runs from positive thru to negative like a heli.

See how close you could get to pushing the plane back up a vertical descent !

I presume all this stuff about the new design is a joke.... sounds like a wind up anyway...
Old 05-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro3D

Default To The DOCTOR and FOLLOWERS

World domination is a serious business not to be taken lightly. (you will need at least four e-mail addresses to be successful).
I hope your new 3daeroscalefreecontrollinevintageturbineheliseapla ne will come in a big box so the postman has somewhere to rest his cup of tea on while the customers decide who is paying the VAT !!.
Check out www.rcworld.co.uk a superb new plane called 3styla endorsed by a Paul Skinner, did he not endorse another very similar design recently !!
Mystic Meg, I feel you are close We do not smoke the funny stuff, WE ARE THE FUNNY STUFF £££ :sunsmiley

I am up, therefore I am ??
Old 05-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Mystic Meg

Errrr you lost me now....... completely. I think I better leave you to it....

I tried that link and it doesnt work... but I did post to a thread about a the 3styla when i first registered and i cant find it anywhere now. What plane is it similar to - Lazer 3D or Madness I presume. I was saving for a Madness but now I hear the Flip 3D is on the way. is the 3styla artf do you know ? They all look the same to me, but the Flip looks very different and the yanks seem to rave about it.

Dont know why Im asking you guys actually if you are the funny stuff but the other thread has disappeared.

Old 05-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Pro3D

Default Your Ball

Mystic the link does work consult your ball if it does not?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:46 PM
David Cutler

Originally posted by greenboot
I heard about a dude that carves his own props and he's been doin this for years! Ya have to adjust the CG a bit, hehe. If you decide to try it, just remember to reverse your throttle servo!
Could you ask your friend if he could carve a prop for me with one blade that pushes and one blade that pulls?

Then you could take off forwards and prop hang upside down.

-David C.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Pro3D

Default PROP

You mean a PUSH-ME PULL-YOU. that is not a prop but an animal YOU have the WRONG DOCTOR :spinnyeye
Old 05-14-2003, 08:01 AM
doctor jason

Mystic Meg

I am appaled that you think this thread is a joke! I do not have any sense of humour and find your remarks very offensive and will now go and practise my inverted prop hanging twice as long as I normally do.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:12 PM
OnTheEdge

Originally posted by bentgear
Who cares about the flying, I just gotta be there for the takeoff ;-)

Ed M.
LFO..........
Old 05-14-2003, 03:39 PM
David Cutler

Instead of all this prop hanging stuff, why not mount the engine pointing upwards, maybe with a rotor on the tail to stop it revolving due to the torque.

Hey! maybe you should also put a huge prop on it, and then run it much slower through, maybe, a gearbox.

.. Then you could, maybe, arrange it so that you can alter the pitch of the blades independently, so you could change the upthrust and also make the whole plane move forwards.

That's never been done before, so maybe I should rush off to the patent office?

-David C.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:20 PM
JB Rekit
My Feedback: (3)

Hehe

I enjoyed reading these posts, pretty funny.

Sounds like someone needs to switch to helicopters
Old 05-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro3D

Default To JB Rekit

A Helicopter?. How can you hover a helicopter nose down, or come to think of it nose up.
THE DOCTOR I feel we have MORE work to do !!
Peoples livelihood's depend on us followers to succeed.
Join up or down, NOW.

I was up, now I am not !!

WE'VE MADE PAGE 3
Old 05-16-2003, 09:57 AM
doctor jason

Default Pro 3D

Mr Pro 3D I am getting the feeling that people are not taking this thread very seriously and only the same people are replying time after time.
It must be time for me to influence the world with my thoughts and feelings and to also start another few threads about the same subject.This could generate some interest, may be I could call it inverted prop hanging 2 and inverted prop hanging 3.

Oh and by the way, Why are women and computers different?
You only have to hit the information in once on a computer.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Pro3D

Default Upside out

How's you all doing in hovering down land ?

Anybody tried those pitch adjustable props yet ? I want to know if they's is wurth the doollars.

DOCTOR I hear there was a PANIC here recently and they had to fill thee oldie runway with filler.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Ian.W

Hi

This forum's funny.

DR. I have a problem. were can i get one of these props. also, What club do you fly at? cos i know someone called jason who lives in essex and goes to stansted MFC. by any chance you? if so, have you got your flip yet. all i can say is there amazing............ o well, back to the subject. will a cougar 2000 do this inverted prophanging thingy well. and also arnt all the controlls reversed anart from the ailerons.

Ian
Old 07-16-2003, 06:33 PM
doctor jason

Default PRO 3D Forum moderator.

Sorry I is not been in touch with you lately it's just that I crashed my number 1 model, the Flair cub. I will need your help soon to extinguish people from this site who thinks that this site is funny!

If I have not been in touch it is because I am a Squiral and I have been hibernating my thoughts.
Also I have been reading the second Testament,it's quite a good book really.not as good as the first version though.

Who is this Jason I don't know anybody called Jason, that really is freaky that their is some one in Essex called jason ,Is he a Doctor too?????????? .
If their is I will destroy him !

I will come and see you in August and demonstrate my new phase of inverted prop hanging and this is sustained prop hanging while being dead stick .It sounds hard to do but if you can fly a what 4 you will have loads of problems.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Ian.W

Default Re: PRO 3D Forum moderator.

Originally posted by doctor jason

Who is this Jason I don't know anybody called Jason, that really is freaky that their is some one in Essex called jason
it cant be that freeky that theres somone in essex called jason. cos you are, that means your freaked out about yourself :stupid: :stupid: .

and no this jason guy isnt a docter, so your relived of the prossess of killing anouther model flyer. he's a pilot. who are you going to demonstrate the invertid prophanging to. id like to see it. so were can i get the prop?

Ian
Old 07-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro3D

Default WHERE WERE YOU ??

Doctor, where were you ? did you not get an invite to the display of the year by Ireland Hobbits !!
Chris was there !!

The ex HYPEd up display failed to attract others from afar who were promoted, but some yocals also failed to show !!!! Lucky for the team from Loiters and Pointers.

I am but I did'nt therefore I am not.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:30 AM
David Cutler

Default Re: tail tippin

Originally posted by tavis newman
My famouse trick is to do a tail touch and go off my my head with a AW 33% edge 540.i hover right up to me and touch the rudder on my head.Its a freekin rush man!!!! I call it tail tippen!!
I can do that while my Extra is stationary on the ground with the engine stopped.

I just walk up to it, bend double and touch my nose on the rudder - easy!

I do get strange looks though. Any ideas why?

Oh well.

-David C.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:03 PM
doctor jason

Default Mr newman

Well mr Newman I think your a freak

I certainly can not condone the sort of behaviour that you are showing the readers of this forum and promise not to report you to the relevant authorities.Do you think [of topic, because this is an inverted prop hanging forum.] that It would work with a Helicopter if i could balance the skids on my head if i were to wear a landing platform on my head.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:33 PM
doctor jason

Default RE: To The DOCTOR and FOLLOWERS

Ediable engine I belieive your beginning to get into this very exciting part of the hobby and believe that the new carbon glass fuz is now almost ready for the new YS 110.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Ian.W

Default RE: Inverted prop hanging/

[size=2.5]Doctor Jason; good good, my simple wooden flying object is now in completion in the fuz area, the wing is not nearing completion, however it is not far from the start as i have only done a little.

The carbon/glass/YS110 fuz sounds very nice, i shall be looking forward to see the wing in 2008.

Yes, this excting part of this exciting hobby is very nice.

Have you seen my photos with me wearing a silly 3 year olds hat. Its keeps my ears warm in the chilly breeze. I took them in one flight, the ones im not in is were i hover, drop my tranny, take the photo, pick up the tranny and fly.

Toodle-oo
Ian[/size]

[sm=bananahead.gif]BTW, you need to highlight this text to read this post, it therefore enhanses the fun in reading[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-29-2004, 01:02 PM
doctor jason

Default RE: Inverted prop hanging/

Not quite how to high light this. but It should be really simple. hows the nose down prop hanging going? I found that rolling harriers are for beginners so i'm trying some level flight for a time thats on budddy box of course.

Do you recommend using buddy box even if you are on the simulator as my only mate is gettingtired off sitting next to me on the computer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.