Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

ALERT to All 3d Flyers!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

ALERT to All 3d Flyers!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:35 AM
ben flyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALERT to All 3d Flyers!!!!!!

Originally posted by rockmon
Maybe your club could do a new fun fly event, take out the hovering plane. Ben Fly'n do they do this as fun or do they really want to take you out?
A new fun fly event? Every Sunday is a fun fly! And YES they really want to take me out! That why I love SPADS so much!

There has been 2 helicopers taken out hovering over the runway. You never get in there way when they're doing touch & gos! Which also means if ones landing one way, and your landing the other way, no one will abort a landing. That's why we do not have many big birds there.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

GREELEY??!!

I used to live there!! Is Don's hobbies still there? That place was/is awesome. I heard that Don sold it a few years ago. He was a really great guy.

Where is your field? I come back almost every year to fish with my pop-in-law, and maybe this year I'll take a couple of hours to come see your setup.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:01 PM
ballistic1
My Feedback: (27)

well, Im getting the impression that comunication is the key to
sucessfull d3 flying with in any group of fliers,I also would have liked the group of people who had the problem talk to me about it rather than try to get a vote outlawing 3d flying alltogether at the monthly meeting !! oh well !!
one thing that was brought up was the fact that a 25 pound sport plane or warbird flying at 90 to 100 mph if far more dangerous that a 4.5 pound 3d-er flying at very low speed .this issue may help other 3d-ers if they run into similar problems
Frank
Old 06-27-2003, 04:24 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever stop and think maybe your flying abnormally interfers with others? I like to practice hovering like everyone else but I do it away from the runway. This way, my airplane does not hinder others from taking off or landing or just a simple high or low speed fly-by. If you want to do it on the runway then get a general concensus from the other flyers for each flight.

Example: Several months ago one of our club members put an electric airplane in the air and spent 10 minutes doing circles over the run way right over the approach. No one could land or do fly bys. After several attempts to give him a hint, i.e., buzzing his airplane on aborted landing approaches, someone finally had to walk up to him to tell him to move the airplane so we could land -- that was just plain rude and didn't take a rocket scientist's education to figure out the common sense problem it posed. The worst thing about the incident is the pilot was one of the elders (not age, but experienced and a member for over 20 years) in the club.

Recognise that your style of flying may be intrusive to others. If that is the case then arrange it with the other flyers to allow you to fly alone. You don't get hindered by their flying and your flying doesn't hinder them.

I don't know the environment within most clubs, but in ours if you take the attitude that since you are a paying member you should be able to fly any time and in any style, you are asking to be treated differently than everyone else.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Frankenthumb

hilleja:

Why don't people just start out by saying "Hey dude, I want to do a (insert manuver here) please clear the runway."

Why do you have to buzz his plane, and fool around with being subtle?

Put it this way. I am dense. I know that about myself. If I am standing next to someone and they are saying "Ouch" "My foot hurts" "That hurts" I won't get it. You have to say "Hey, Frank, stop standing on my foot."

OK, that is just an example, but you get my point.

To me buzzing his plane is an agressive thing to do to a guy, when all you have to do is friggin' SAY SOMETHING TO HIM!!

My club insists that you call out takeoffs and landings, and passes over the runway. If I'm goofing off just off the runway, and someone calls "landing" (or whatever), I get out of the way. No feelings are hurt. Everyone is happy, no one complains, we all get along. There are over 300 members in my club and we make it work.

Why is this so hard?
Old 06-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Kris3D
My Feedback: (1)

Frankenthumb-How long ago did you live in Greeley. I'm fifteen and have been flying for the past 5. Yes Don's hobbies is still here however there is a newer hobby shop called Things which has better prices and more selection if you can believe it.

I fly up at love air (www.fortnet.org/loveairrc) but the place Ben Fly'n is talking about is Eastons' which I might be joining as well.

When do you plan on coming out?
Old 06-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Frankenthumb

I moved away from Greeley in 1990 when I joined the Navy.

I'm not sure when I'll be coming out, sometime before the fish stop biting though.

Is Dons still 3 stories tall??

That place had EVERYTHING!!

I'll look you up before I come out and let you know. You can give me a tour.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:23 PM
ben flyn

Originally posted by Frankenthumb
GREELEY??!!

I used to live there!! Is Don's hobbies still there? That place was/is awesome. I heard that Don sold it a few years ago. He was a really great guy.

Where is your field? I come back almost every year to fish with my pop-in-law, and maybe this year I'll take a couple of hours to come see your setup.
Dons is still there and if you think thats something you need to go to Things with Wings! Jim has 3 times what Don's has. Jim has over 500 arfs and kits (mainly ARFs) not to mention over 200 motors on hand.
Next time you find yourself in Greeley I would be gald to take to our field.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:35 PM
RSands

Back on topic. It's been said already, but this is an opinion thread, so here goes mine. If you're a snot nosed flier, inconsiderate of others, you're not gonna be welcomed, whether you're flying a sport/everyday plane, beautiful scale ship or 3D beast. I know very few people in this hobby that are "my way or the highway" when it comes to the different styles & types of planes flown, and most are out and out helpful and supportive. It is still very much a brotherhood, irregardless of specific interests, backgrounds, careers, etc. Obviously, safety is paramount in everyone's book, and if you want to be a respected 3D flier, you've gotta work on building the other club members confidence in your abilities. If you're crashing a plane every other week or month, or constantly flying over the flight line recovering, it's gonna be oh crap, look who's going up. Heads up guys, the moron's flying! On the other hand, if you only push your abilities at a safe altitude & distance, and do so methodically, slowly improving your skills and not pushing it so hard that you can't get out of a situation safely, they'll gain confidence in you and accept what you're doing. I do not think envy has much to do with it, just some are more concerned and/or traditional about things than others, and my guess is that if a bunch of them are sqawking, some of them are probably doing so rightfully. Having said that, I know I haven't seen and most certainly don't know everything, and if by chance you do accidentally get in some backwards #$% club full of guys that look like they were extras in the movie Diliverance, that won't change and accept a new and very cool style of flying, my suggestion is that you run fast as you can to a new one, or the next thing you know, you may be squealing like a pig behind the outhouse, and flying nothing but laps with underpowered, glorified trainers!
Old 06-28-2003, 02:51 AM
Kris3D
My Feedback: (1)

Ya definitely let us know when your coming out.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:02 AM
OnTheEdge

Default Just ask.......

If I'm not the only one in the sky, I just simply ask the other pilots on the flight line if they "mind me monkeying around on this end of the runway". They always say no problem. Then I just say, "Let me know when I'm in your way and I'll move." When someone calls a landing I IMMEDIATELY get out of the way and practice some higher altitude maneuvers.

Hey....does this communication thing also work with the wives?

............Mark
Old 06-28-2003, 03:41 AM
travis newman
Banned

Default gees o flip!

its like this,
if u can hover an do 3D, and I cant and dont know how and probably never will,I dont want you doing it!
Theis are the guys that just bore me to freekin death,why do they even come out.......,to cry?They shure as hell cant fly.If any thing they are more dangerouse because they only fly 2D they cant even tell there right from there left when there own plane is coming at them!on the other hand the tipical 3D pilot is allways in full controle and knows his limets when testing his skills.If any thing wee should be givin them hell but that wouldent be write would it.just ignore there geliouse coments and watch out for there out of controle behavyer.if they had any controle they would be doin 3D too wouldent they.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:18 AM
travis newman
Banned

Default patern flyers?

Online Now
Discussion Post Total: 76

New Post
patern flyers? (post # 1)

hey guys ,i just went on the patern flyin thred to see what all the hipe is about.Cant seem to figure out why it board me so mutch.Could there be any one out there that will purswade me to go from 3d to patern flyin,gee i hope not .I dont want to be boaring too.they are like a diferent kind or something.they do something called 1D.That is so gay. :boxing:
Old 06-29-2003, 02:01 AM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

I thought flat spin is in, or used to be part of a pattern sequence.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:56 AM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

I usually stay out of things like this but.....

Travis, Have you ever heard the old saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything? I think that rule can apply here. It could also be said if you don't have anything beneficial to add to the conversation maybe you should keep it to yourself. I realize we all make spelling mistakes, and grammar mistakes but you are really showing your lack of skill here. Also one of the most important things in life is to try and have a positive attitude or outlook on the things we encounter daily. The attitude that comes through in your post is very poor, and if that is how you confront you're problems good luck to you.

What I am saying is please proof read your posts and keep it friendly; I for one don't care to read meaningless meanderings.
Old 06-29-2003, 03:12 AM
tylerlcrcc

at ower club we all love to see people try new things and learn new things. there has not been much said about low 3D but a lot of the guys get together at times that there are not a lot of others pliots there like in the morning

Tyler
Old 06-29-2003, 01:17 PM
GW-inactive

Agree with CapThis,

Lets keep this on Topic, No attacks. ( Personal or otherwise).
Old 06-29-2003, 01:47 PM
BasinBum

I just started low hovering and as crowded as our field is hardly anyone else does it. I kept it at the far end of our 600 foot runnway and tried to wait till everyone was down.

We have many overpowered warbird guys who do 120mph+ low passes down the runway. One happened to go up while I was flying and yelled," hey could you fly your plane higher". I thought that was very funny and said no, you fly lower. I think everyone who he was flying past on the flightline would like him to fly higher. I was far away and much safer in my opinion.

When anyone calls out a takeoff or landing I move it out of the way.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:11 PM
cabanestrut2002

this tavis chap seems like a bit of an arrogant *****.
i did a search on his name and read a few of his posts and, as hard as it is to believe he is like this in EVERY post!
he has nothing kind or constructive to say and is very unreliable when itrcomes to trading.
we dont need idiots like this in our hobby, i hope he crawls back in his hole and doesnt come back out
Old 06-30-2003, 01:11 AM
GW-inactive

I am addressing his remarks with Marc. I suspect he will be hearing from one of the head honchos soon.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:34 AM
supertiger

Default get your own feild

In my experience when ever you get with a group of grown adults, there will always be people in that group that feel the need to force others around them to abide by their rules,like you have stand in that box to fly, only fly in a clock wise direction, never fly over there etc. they need to be in control of everything around them and it drives them crazy when someone acts out on their own and flys in their own fashion like when some people fly low to the ground "3-D stuff" . sometimes you and the people who feel the way you feel need to leave and start your own flying club. me and a Friend had to leave our club to get are flying freedom back and now there is no limitation to what we do that is except for the force of gravity keeps us in check every so often.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Luke 3D

You are lucky!
Old 06-30-2003, 10:52 AM
travis newman
Banned

Default Judgein me? HE HE HE.....

Originally posted by cabanestrut2002
this tavis chap seems like a bit of an arrogant *****.
i did a search on his name and read a few of his posts and, as hard as it is to believe he is like this in EVERY post!
he has nothing kind or constructive to say and is very unreliable when itrcomes to trading.
we dont need idiots like this in our hobby, i hope he crawls back in his hole and doesnt come back out
Talk about arrogant.Gee wiz ,see guys this is just the kind person i was talking about....
Old 06-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Luke 3D

tavis, nobody likes you, all your posts are aimed at causing arguments.
I wonder how old this guy is .12?
Old 06-30-2003, 02:11 PM
cabanestrut2002

no-one is judging you, you managed that yourself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.