RCU Forums - View Single Post - new boat-31" Victory off shore cat updated 31/12
Old 11-29-2006, 06:15 PM
cyclesoul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new boat

ORIGINAL: unclecrash

I just finished a mono with the os.18cvr belt start boat 24in. 2-1/2 pound. Im impressed with the engine got it running strong. all I had for fuel was 30% heli cool power. heres a link to a couple pics of it running.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5041733/tm.htm

Is the wood inside the hull sealed cant tell in the pics you might want to seal it if it isnt. Looks Like a nice boat good price too. Dave
Thanks dave, yeah i saw your thread the other day, your boat looks fast! Unfortuneatly I missed out on the OS, so i guess i will keep my eye out for a good priced .21 down the track. Im not sure if the inside is sealed either, what would you recommemd sealing it with> I was going to hit the inside with some white automotive paint to make it look neater and the radio box is ply so that will definatly need to be sealed with some thing, would polyurethane do the trick?

One newb question I have is how do i fill the tank!!! It is laying down, and has 3 hoses coming out, one for exhaust pressure, one for the carb and another that must be to fill it as the tank cannot be removed with the engine in the boat, do i need some kind of pump and should the end of the hose have a plug or cap on it????? hmmmmm......