RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unfortunate RCU incident...PLEASE READ!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unfortunate RCU incident...PLEASE READ!!

Over the last few days I have been made aware of some unfortunate circumstances that have occurred here on RC Universe over the past few years. It was brought to my attention that a certain individual has created multiple logins that include AAM1024 and Fast Freddie. Under these logins this person has personally attacked myself, Dave Lockhart, Mike Hester, CA Models, Dean Funk, and many others. In these posts he would login shortly thereafter as himself and try to defend the individual he had just attacked. He attacked on many occasions individuals with which he had nothing to do with. Either to make his own sponsors look better or to simply attack their products. This information has now been confirmed by RC Universe. Moderators have been working with Mike Hester and others and they have definitively identified this as Troy Newman. Mike also identified Fast Freddie when he logged into his Custom Airframes site. Troy has been contacted and has even confessed to doing so. He has also called and apologized to Dave Lockhart, however I believe that he did this only to try to save face with a major sponsor in which they both fly for. Horizon Hobby, Central Hobbies, YS Parts and Service, Piedmont Models (specifically Dave Guerin) as well as others are now aware of these events. Unfortunately many of the posts in questions have been removed, but a few are viewable below. In the Focus Sport thread he goes as far as to ask questions and then proceed to answer the questions himself and would then log in again under the alias and thank himself for the help. This is NOT normal behavior. This activity has also been going on for several years. A couple of years ago Steve Maxwell called him out as Fast Freddie who said he was from Indianapolis. He asked him if he was so active in pattern, why no one in D4 of D5 had ever heard of this individual.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57...tm.htm#5828481 - He trashes myself

This Genesis with the stab problem was a favor from myself to a friend and once the elevator was discovered as having a problem; a complete stab was over-nighted to allow the airplane to be finished.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45...tm.htm#4615012 - He trashes Dave Lockhart

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3908855 - He trashes Piedmont Models

I know for a fact that his actions in my previous forum, ones involving CA Models, Mike Hester’s Custom Airframes, as well as many others have been very damaging. I’m sure many companies have lost money due to some of these posts. In addition to damaging the reputations of all involved, he is very open to legal action from at least several businesses that he slandered and did so with malicious intent (creating anonymous screen names shows clear intent to mislead). I have at one time been associated with almost every one of his sponsors. I know the people who run these companies and I know they would not condone this behavior. Central Hobbies has probably helped more people in the pattern community than any other vendor and I have had many conversations with Al about just this sort of thing. He is absolutely 100% the most generous helper we all have, and he has been so for 30 plus years without ever publically bad mouthing any company’s products or personnel. JR, Futaba, OS, YS, and many others have hundreds of sponsored pilots who do not behave this way. JR and YS have been around for many years and have a great reputation with their customers for service and support. Many of these companies he attacked are very small companies that cater to the VERY small pattern community. It does not take many questionable posts or statements to make a dent into their profits and force them out of business. No company has a perfect record of service. At some point someone will always have a problem, but we certainly don’t need people fabricating problems with the intent to harm these businesses.

I believe it is time for Troy, who seems to enjoy writing long winded posts to come out and at the very least make a public admission and apology all he has offended and attacked. These statements are 100% fact and can be proven. I’m also certain other individuals whom he has attacked will jump in with their facts as well. I can’t imagine the damage he will have caused his sponsor’s reputations once this is made public, as well as the personal images of several of the people involved.

This is sad that someone regarded as highly as Troy has been in the R/C community would stoop to this level. I would hope Troy would take this opportunity to admit what he has done and try to repair what little reputation he will have left.

Chip Hyde/Passport1