Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Another Drone Pilot does it Again

Old 07-06-2016, 06:44 AM
  #3426  
rcmiket
 
rcmiket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,188
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HoundDog View Post
Texas has every thing ... But they are most certainly Illegal Moose.
That's why we need a wall......................................

Mike
Old 07-06-2016, 06:48 AM
  #3427  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rcmiket View Post
That's why we need a wall......................................

Mike
LoL...good one. The moose will build it, and pay for it too.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:58 AM
  #3428  
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,762
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
LoL...good one. The moose will build it, and pay for it too.
That's going to require a lot of Moose.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:05 AM
  #3429  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
That's going to require a lot of Moose.
It's going to be a big wall, a great wall, the bestest of walls ever. It's going to be huuuuuuuuuuge.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:09 AM
  #3430  
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,762
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
it's going to be a big wall, a great wall, the bestest of walls ever. It's going to be huuuuuuuuuuge.
roflmao!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 AM
  #3431  
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)
 
HoundDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Apache Junction AZ. WI 0WI8
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
roflmao!
What????
Are U sure U spelled that correctly. Could U Use that in a Sentens?
Are there any other uses/meanings for "roflmao!"?
Old 07-06-2016, 08:00 AM
  #3432  
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)
 
HoundDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Apache Junction AZ. WI 0WI8
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

[h=2]AirVenture Master Schedule of Events See ya-all there.
This will be my 45th stright year of attendance @ OSH.[/h]Even came home from our honeymoon in 75 to make the last day. Heard about that for years.
https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-schedule-of-events

Want to know every thing about DRONES attend these seminares at
AirVenture 2016 @ OSH July 25 thru 31.
[h=2]AirVenture Schedule of Events[/h]Submit


Clear all filters
DronesX

Sort by: Date/Time
Location (A to Z)


Drone Basics with Drone Girl
Monday, July 25 · 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






FAA Drone Policy
Monday, July 25 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Aerial Mapping With UAV's
Monday, July 25 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Drone Flying
Monday, July 25 · 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Pioneer Airport
Add to My Itinerary






Precision AG With UAS
Tuesday, July 26 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Drones In Todays World
Tuesday, July 26 · 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Commercial Aerial Video
Tuesday, July 26 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Search & Rescue Drone Technology
Wednesday, July 27 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Drones: Sharing the Airspace
Wednesday, July 27 · 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Industrial Inspections With UAS
Wednesday, July 27 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Commercial Aerial Video
Thursday, July 28 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






UAV/Airspace Controller Perspective
Friday, July 29 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Forum Stage 9
Add to My Itinerary






FAA Drone Policy
Friday, July 29 · 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Industrial Inspections With UAS
Saturday, July 30 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






UAV/Airspace Controller Perspective
Saturday, July 30 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Workshop Classroom C
Add to My Itinerary






Commercial Aerial Video
Saturday, July 30 · 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Precision AG With UAS
Sunday, July 31 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






FAA Drone Policy
Sunday, July 31 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Old 07-06-2016, 09:10 AM
  #3433  
rcmiket
 
rcmiket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,188
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Damm I'm about "droned" out after that........................................

Mike
Old 07-06-2016, 09:31 AM
  #3434  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Have fun Doggy...behave, and get all kinds of good info to share with the folks here. We'll expect a full debrief!
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 AM
  #3435  
Sport_Pilot
 
Sport_Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 16,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
It's going to be a big wall, a great wall, the bestest of walls ever. It's going to be huuuuuuuuuuge.
Will they use moose pooh?
Old 07-06-2016, 09:39 AM
  #3436  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot View Post
Will they use moose pooh?
Of course...and let me tell you something else, it will be exceptional pooh. Premium quality stuff, second to none. The best. People are already talking about it by the way. Pure cornfed organic stuff. Nobody does better pooh!

Last edited by porcia83; 07-06-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:57 AM
  #3437  
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)
 
HoundDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Apache Junction AZ. WI 0WI8
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Dam up the Rio Grand. Load it with Crock-A-Gators and Piranha(FISH w/ BIG TEETH) Besides they could use DRONES with HD cameras and rockets too.
There that keeps it with in the context of this thread. So There.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:03 AM
  #3438  
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)
 
HoundDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Apache Junction AZ. WI 0WI8
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Of course...and let me tell you something else, it will be exceptional pooh. Premium quality stuff, second to none. The best. People are already talking about it by the way. Pure cornfed organic stuff. Nobody does better pooh!
Do they have them great big Pooh Poop'n Moose's there in Conn.?
Do U suppose it would be cheaper to ship the Moose's to Texas than shipping all that Mooseie Pooh? Gators $ Crocks ... I vote for Gators & Crocks.
U know them Crock-A-Gators.

Now this is getting stupid. Think I'll go buy some Model Airplane parts. Maybe Drone Parts.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:11 AM
  #3439  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HoundDog View Post
Do they have them great big Pooh Poop'n Moose's there in Conn.?
Do U suppose it would be cheaper to ship the Moose's to Texas than shipping all that Mooseie Pooh? Gators $ Crocks ... I vote for Gators & Crocks.
U know them Crock-A-Gators.

Now this is getting stupid. Think I'll go buy some Model Airplane parts. Maybe Drone Parts.
We didn't have them in the state per se, until the late 70's when the started drifting in from NY. I guess they found the accomdations acceptable, even the tax rate, cuz they are here to stay now. Most are seen in the NW corner of the state. Deer, fox, coyotes and even wolves are more plentiful. Before long, we'll probably see someone start hunting with a drone!
Old 07-06-2016, 10:56 AM
  #3440  
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,762
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HoundDog View Post
AirVenture Master Schedule of Events See ya-all there.
This will be my 45th stright year of attendance @ OSH.


Even came home from our honeymoon in 75 to make the last day. Heard about that for years.
https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-schedule-of-events

Want to know every thing about DRONES attend these seminares at
AirVenture 2016 @ OSH July 25 thru 31.
AirVenture Schedule of Events

Submit


Clear all filters
DronesX

Sort by: Date/Time
Location (A to Z)


Drone Basics with Drone Girl
Monday, July 25 · 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






FAA Drone Policy
Monday, July 25 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Aerial Mapping With UAV's
Monday, July 25 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Drone Flying
Monday, July 25 · 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Pioneer Airport
Add to My Itinerary






Precision AG With UAS
Tuesday, July 26 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Drones In Todays World
Tuesday, July 26 · 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Commercial Aerial Video
Tuesday, July 26 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Search & Rescue Drone Technology
Wednesday, July 27 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Drones: Sharing the Airspace
Wednesday, July 27 · 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Industrial Inspections With UAS
Wednesday, July 27 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Commercial Aerial Video
Thursday, July 28 · 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






UAV/Airspace Controller Perspective
Friday, July 29 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Forum Stage 9
Add to My Itinerary






FAA Drone Policy
Friday, July 29 · 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Industrial Inspections With UAS
Saturday, July 30 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






UAV/Airspace Controller Perspective
Saturday, July 30 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Workshop Classroom C
Add to My Itinerary






Commercial Aerial Video
Saturday, July 30 · 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






Precision AG With UAS
Sunday, July 31 · 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Add to My Itinerary






FAA Drone Policy
Sunday, July 31 · 10:00 AM - 11:15 AM

Aviation Gateway Park
Nothing on traditional model aircraft?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:54 AM
  #3441  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot View Post
I disagree. There is no evidence he flew over the girl, at least in that article. The police would not charge him so I assume he did not or not a crime at the time. The college expelled him specifically because of this drone. I do not believe there was any law against this at the time. And it is easy to push porn into someone's cell phone without their permission. This sounds like the state overstepping their powers to me.
Much like calling Rob's flight illegal, you might want to do a little research on this kid and his escapades, then weigh in. That article doesn't even cover everything he's been involved with, nor his history of legal fights. This kid is all about shock value and attention. Watch the video that lead to the altercation with the lady. It took two to tango, and he could have avoided the whole thing by not flying where he wasn't supposed to be. He of course felt (and still does I'm sure) that he could fly wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted, however he wanted. As usual, the video only told part of the story. He was more than happy to call attention to himself by posting the video and trying to show how little ol innocent him was assaulted. Never said the police charged him for that altercation either, in fact the woman was charged and took a plea. How you arrive at the conclusion the college expelled him "because of the drone" is a mystery, the article certainly didn't say that, and it had absolutely nothing to do with that incident. It was yet another of his self promoting escapades that brought yet more attention to him (the gun drone, soon to be followed by the flamethrower drone). His behavior on campus was the issue, not the drone. His other charges for assualt on a police officer were well documented...on film no less. More charges, more blame on others.

LoL....easy to put porn on someones cell phone you say? That's a new one, i've had one for 20 years...never had that kind of issue. I suppose his filthy texts trying to lure a 14 year old girl (that he was too humiliated to have read back into the record at his hearing) was put there too? As always, there will be two sides of the story, and a judge or jury will ultimately weigh the evidence and he'll get his day in court. At this point, he has the attention he appears to desperately want, I just doubt it's the kind he wanted. He's got state charges pending, and probably federal ones coming down the pike as well. He is a poster child for something, but it sure isn't the betterment of drones/quads.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:05 PM
  #3442  
Sport_Pilot
 
Sport_Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 16,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Of course...and let me tell you something else, it will be exceptional pooh. Premium quality stuff, second to none. The best. People are already talking about it by the way. Pure cornfed organic stuff. Nobody does better pooh!
Would it be better pooh if it were concrete fed?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 PM
  #3443  
Sport_Pilot
 
Sport_Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 16,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Much like calling Rob's flight illegal, you might want to do a little research on this kid and his escapades, then weigh in. That article doesn't even cover everything he's been involved with, nor his history of legal fights. This kid is all about shock value and attention. Watch the video that lead to the altercation with the lady. It took two to tango, and he could have avoided the whole thing by not flying where he wasn't supposed to be. He of course felt (and still does I'm sure) that he could fly wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted, however he wanted. As usual, the video only told part of the story. He was more than happy to call attention to himself by posting the video and trying to show how little ol innocent him was assaulted. Never said the police charged him for that altercation either, in fact the woman was charged and took a plea. How you arrive at the conclusion the college expelled him "because of the drone" is a mystery, the article certainly didn't say that, and it had absolutely nothing to do with that incident. It was yet another of his self promoting escapades that brought yet more attention to him (the gun drone, soon to be followed by the flamethrower drone). His behavior on campus was the issue, not the drone. His other charges for assualt on a police officer were well documented...on film no less. More charges, more blame on others.

LoL....easy to put porn on someones cell phone you say? That's a new one, i've had one for 20 years...never had that kind of issue. I suppose his filthy texts trying to lure a 14 year old girl (that he was too humiliated to have read back into the record at his hearing) was put there too? As always, there will be two sides of the story, and a judge or jury will ultimately weigh the evidence and he'll get his day in court. At this point, he has the attention he appears to desperately want, I just doubt it's the kind he wanted. He's got state charges pending, and probably federal ones coming down the pike as well. He is a poster child for something, but it sure isn't the betterment of drones/quads.
I didn't call Rob's flight illegal, I asked a question if perhaps it was. As to this case I think the information is too distorted. Not sure what is going on. But yeah if he overflew that is a violation, but not much of one and I don't see why the young lady was in such a dither. As to the guns on a drone, that was legal at the time.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:17 PM
  #3444  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot View Post
Would it be better pooh if it were concrete fed?
Stop me if you've herd this one....yes, that was a horrible pun.

If it was to be concrete...it would be the best concrete....blah blah blah.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:54 AM
  #3445  
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)
 
wahoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 597
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bornat.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	2171709  
Old 07-08-2016, 04:31 AM
  #3446  
rcmiket
 
rcmiket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,188
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...-226502-1.html


"A California man has become the first to have his private pilot certificate revoked for allegedly operating a drone illegally. Ralph Rebaya is appealing the emergency revocation of his ticket, which happened June 1, more than six months after he allegedly violated about 20 conditions of his FAA exemption for drone operation. Among the requirements for commercial drone operations under those FAA exemptions is that operators hold at least a private certificate. The allegations stem from a filming contract Rebaya’s company, Heli Watch LLC, was working on at Studio City. Among the allegations are that Rebaya flew his DJI-S-900 in “close proximity” to people and that the site of the filming was within five nautical miles of Bob Hope Airport and within Class C Airspace.
In an emergency revocation, which is the most extreme enforcement action available to the FAA, the agency has to make the case that there is immediate danger that can only be mitigated by withdrawing flight privileges. In this case, there was a six-month gap between the alleged transgressions and the revocation and the FAA explains the emergency this way. “This determination is based on your lack of qualification to hold your [certificate] because of the nature and seriousness of the violations set forth in this order.” Ironically, the order states that Rebaya knows the regs inside and out and his real crime was defying an FAA inspector’s refusal to permit the filming flights. The revocation order says the inspector caught him flying the drone and told him to stop but he didn’t. “You have demonstrated that you lack the required care, judgment and responsibility to hold a pilot certificate,” the order says. If his appeal fails, Rebaya can’t apply for a new certificate for at least a year.
Rebaya is appealing the revocation on the grounds that the FAA official who issued the order isn’t authorized to issue such orders. He also claims the punishment doesn’t fit the crime because, at the time, the FAA was inconsistently enforcing rules that Rebaya described as “unfinalized, incomplete, ambiguous.” He alleges the revocation is being used to “send a message” to drone operators about the perils of crossing the FAA. The appeal will be heard by an NTSB administrative law judge."


Mike
Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 AM
  #3447  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

He is right about a message being sent.... too bad he isn't getting it. Let's see if he think's it's all worth it after paying his legal fees.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:25 AM
  #3448  
Sport_Pilot
 
Sport_Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 16,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
He is right about a message being sent.... too bad he isn't getting it. Let's see if he think's it's all worth it after paying his legal fees.
i think he had a good point. However, I don't think that entirely excuses his behavior.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:32 AM
  #3449  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot View Post
i think he had a good point. However, I don't think that entirely excuses his behavior.
Absolutely agree. He might have a point or even a legitimate gripe, but his method of resolution is proving to be poorly executed.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:25 AM
  #3450  
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,269
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a1_1468582685

This guy. Horrible footage, horrible flights, and dangerous to boot. He's the kind that needs to get arrested and pay some serious fines.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.