Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 07:18 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
I wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the dues paying members qualified for the senior discount.
We'll never know but we do know that 50,000 are free youth memberships. I'd like to know just how many "droners" have joined since we have a hefty investment in that area..

Mike
Old 02-16-2016, 07:21 AM
siletstuget

Taxation without representation! We get nothing in return for our money! But can be punished for not giving it to him. Good old uncle sam has the rc world in his grips. More mindless spending by a mindless government. They see an expensive hobby and us spending so much on it they figure hell let's get some of that. The us gov and us economy is a sinking ship for reasons like this!
Old 02-16-2016, 07:32 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by siletstuget
Taxation without representation! We get nothing in return for our money! But can be punished for not giving it to him. Good old uncle sam has the rc world in his grips. More mindless spending by a mindless government. They see an expensive hobby and us spending so much on it they figure hell let's get some of that. The us gov and us economy is a sinking ship for reasons like this!
Billions and billions!
Old 02-16-2016, 07:35 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
We'll never know but we do know that 50,000 are free youth memberships. I'd like to know just how many "droners" have joined since we have a hefty investment in that area..

Mike
I love wonder day.

I wonder in Bacon would go good with that? Hell yes!
Old 02-16-2016, 08:19 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on Doggie, get the with picture and read the posts here. The AMA is a monopoly, probably larger than any Wall Street bank and they need to be broken up. We can't have only one game in town. Another competitor needs to jump and grab hold of this very lucrative and rewarding line of business. Modelers need a choice!
Bacon baby U couldn't be more Serious. If U were a dem-o-cat and worked for the FAA,I might see why U might think that way The AMA is a monopolyand they need to be broken up. , Ever hear of divide an conquer or how about there is strength in numbers .. I believe that FAA registration should be FREE and it stays mandatory to be registered with the Government. Also have Proof of Liability Insurance Thru the only CBO in the nation the AMA or if Modelers need a choice! let them go forPrivate liability insurance for 2 million thru Lloyds of London. If 750,000 Drone fliers signed with Lloyds it probably would be less expensive and Primary Like in Australia and their $20 million coverage, than AMA Secondary insurance.
Again the AMA should be Mandatory .... strength in Numbers and all. Also R/C Toys should be only allowed to fly on Federal State Local registered flight areas if not flown in an AMA registered field. These Drones, according to any Number of people, are more dangerous than guns. U need a permit and must be at a recognized gun range or way away from the populated area to use them.

For CPB BPC ereht ay ref tsuJ
Old 02-16-2016, 08:30 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by rgburrill
How utterly disingenuous. No one ever suggested that "all incidents would stop". Only fools use this argument. Penalties are certainly used to punish but they can also be a deterrent to many people who might not understand the hazards of being stupid. The key word is "many" not "all".
be a deterrent to many people
IF the threat of a $300,000 fine and 3 years in the Pokey, was the influence that got U to register with the feds ... well then U are 110% correct in your analysis of the
disingenuous . But Laws just likes LOCKS keep honest people Honest. Now a criminal is a criminal because they really don't believe they will be caught. Sorta stupid People don't ya Think there blugil?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:37 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Bacon baby U couldn't be more Serious. If U were a dem-o-cat and worked for the FAA,I might see why U might think that way The AMA is a monopolyand they need to be broken up. , Ever hear of divide an conquer or how about there is strength in numbers .. I believe that FAA registration should be FREE and it stays mandatory to be registered with the Government. Also have Proof of Liability Insurance Thru the only CBO in the nation the AMA or if Modelers need a choice! let them go forPrivate liability insurance for 2 million thru Lloyds of London. If 750,000 Drone fliers signed with Lloyds it probably would be less expensive and Primary Like in Australia and their $20 million coverage, than AMA Secondary insurance.
Again the AMA should be Mandatory .... strength in Numbers and all. Also R/C Toys should be only allowed to fly on Federal State Local registered flight areas if not flown in an AMA registered field. These Drones, according to any Number of people, are more dangerous than guns. U need a permit and must be at a recognized gun range or way away from the populated area to use them.

For CPB BPC ereht ay ref tsuJ
Doggie, When was the last time you had your Sarcasm-O-Meter calibrated? Apparently, it's not working at all.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:46 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by siletstuget
Billions and billions!
Ain't seen Nothing Yet wait to see what ATC privatization costs the US tax payer and the Little it gets for it money. More or Less Government status quo. The devastating thing will be the demise of Model Aviation as (R/C TOYs in the NAS) are systematically relegated into Oblivion.

Heard some time in the year 2035 at AMA's Dilapidated Muncie Museum ... "Daddy U really flew these DANGEROUS toys when U were my age"? Teacher says "It's a good thing the Feds stopped U before you got hurt or Killed a bunch of people in a real airplane"?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Sport_Pilot

Privatization costs the taxpayer less. Well usually. Less tax's but more user fee's.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:02 PM
franklin_m

Dues are $75 a year now.

Mike
Yep...it could then be up to $$11.6 million dollars (if all become adult open / non-senior discount). AMA has plenty of incentive to try and use the law to compel membership...
Old 02-16-2016, 12:52 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Mike
Ask your new District VP, didn't you say you have already been in touch with him? So far it doesn't look like he is doing anything different than the last guy that was voted out. Progress?
Old 02-16-2016, 12:53 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Yep...it could then be up to $$11.6 million dollars (if all become adult open / non-senior discount). AMA has plenty of incentive to try and use the law to compel membership...
LoL...yet another "nefarious" thing the AMA might do. It's really limitless eh?
Old 02-16-2016, 01:07 PM
porcia83
Banned

This should not surprise you, I've been a consistent advocate for quantitative data. Credibility in the aviation safety arena is all about being able to prove you're as good as you say you are. It's a world of metrics that include mishap free flight hours, number and type of mishaps, breaches of flight discipline, pilot error, near misses, etc. I do not believe that quoting the number of secondary insurance claims paid is going to cut it against the growing pile of FAA data.

I have advocated a set of metrics to help AMA build their own quantitative data to help counter the FAA data. I'm not saying a lot of people will want to keep data, but I submit that if they want to help prove the hobby is safe, and thus preserve flying rights (and also perhaps PROVE it's not our members), then I think it's necessary.
You are hyper focused on numbers because that is your focus. Nobody else seems to have this absolute burning desire to know, but also capture and memorialize this information. Why do you think that is? You rationalize this by saying in effect to counter the FAA data....exactly what data is that? Did the FAA put up some kind of data that showed AMA fliers are not safe? Did the registration take place because of errors at the field, including injuries and crashes? Of course not. It was done in part because of ALL of the issues surrounding the use of the NAS, but AMA members certainly weren't held up as some example of what not to do.. Showing the FAA some data on accidents and near misses of RC aircraft would help/solve absolutely nothing. We don't have to have some new data to counter anything....we have 80 years of a proven track record.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I do not believe that quoting the number of secondary insurance claims paid is going to cut it against the growing pile of FAA data.

I have advocated a set of metrics to help AMA build their own quantitative data to help counter the FAA data.
You refer to FAA data twice in your post above. What FAA data specifically identifies problems or issues caused by AMA members?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:42 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Privatization costs the taxpayer less. Well usually. Less tax's but more user fee's.
B.S.
Privatization of the Flight Service Stations has been a disaster and the Airlines don't even Use it Never Did Never will. Privatization Gona cost U Upwards of $25 dollars for every plane U own, Not just $5 every 3 years. Privatization ends up giving less service for more cost. And Yes there are User fees ...What U figure the User Fees will be for R/C TOY (Drones) Airplanes. Now what does the AMA charge U for a mag, ins,and a dozen other services that U need to participate in this Hobby/Sport.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:07 PM
HoundDog

Dues are $75 a year now.

Mike

Yep...it could then be up to $$11.6 million dollars (if all become adult open / non-senior discount). AMA has plenty of incentive to try and use the law to compel membership..
Your thinking is totally wrong first 99% of the freebies would never spend the $75 bucks, Apparently U aren't a senior YET. I'll bet that many family memberships would also disappear. Raise Prices and Loose Money (Members)

Example our club officers and board realized when they spent $53 grand 4 years ago to top the runway with an inch and half of asphalt and another $9 Grand to reseal and stripe it this year. OK now they realize for several factors they realized that in the coming years they would need a lot Over $90 to $100 grand to replace a 30 year old runway. So like any conscientious board the voted to raise Yearly dues from $75 to $100. At the time we had about 312 members give of take. Along comes January 1 and only a little over 200 rejoin the club. A year later a number of Electric flyers we gave a brake to when they lost their flying field, decided it was time to leave and start another Electric flyers only club of their own,
So in the wisdom of the board they had created a runway fund that the $25 from each member must be put in. Well if U loose 100 members at $75 each that's $7500 U are Out. Now take the 200 resigned members and the extra $25 that is a net gain of
$5000 . so take the $7500 from loss of members and subtract $5000 and U are OUT $2500. But the Runway fund had to be funded to the tune of $5000 so the treasury was actually lost $2500from the loss of the 100+ members. So much for raising the Price to cover what would be covered anyway by the old dues structure.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM
HoundDog

What the AMA does with Dues money and the decisions the Board makes Is no ones business. This is not a democracy or even a corporation ... It's members have NO SAY other than to refuse to belong. If U are NOT SATISFIED with what the AMA board does or how they spend THEIR MONEY then get on a ballot and get more votes that some other guy that thinks he can make the Rest of the board think his way.

4 CPB sdnasresnU eH BPC ereht thgiR
sdnasresnU eH

s
imple as that PUT UP or SHUTUP.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
What the AMA does with Dues money and the decisions the Board makes Is no ones business. This is not a democracy or even a corporation ... It's members have NO SAY other than to refuse to belong. If U are NOT SATISFIED with what the AMA board does or how they spend THEIR MONEY then get on a ballot and get more votes that some other guy that thinks he can make the Rest of the board think his way.

4 CPB sdnasresnU eH BPC ereht thgiR
sdnasresnU eH

s
imple as that PUT UP or SHUTUP.

The AMA is a corporation.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:22 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

and the beat goes on and on-so what is new to this discussion? Same people and the same insults-Why don't ya'll meet and have a UFC match? We could sell tickets.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
and the beat goes on and on-so what is new to this discussion? Same people and the same insults-Why don't ya'll meet and have a UFC match? We could sell tickets.
Because eating Bacon is whole lot more fun than a UFC match.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:43 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
So give us something new to chat about...aren't you one of the elite special invite only members to some new club...how's that going?
Old 02-16-2016, 04:54 PM
HoundDog

[/QUOTE]
Nobody is twisting your arm. Just go away ...

Last edited by HoundDog; 02-16-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:42 PM
porcia83
Banned

More news from the AMA...a reminder about the 19th!

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe5e1...03787c1779&r=0
Old 02-16-2016, 08:00 PM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

I have looked at the AMA web site to register my aircraft, however there is no where to register my fixed wing aircraft, only drones. Once again the educated people who write the instructions have failed to explain to my wee brain where on the site I should click to register my fixed wing aircraft. I don't own a drone and never will. Can anyone tell me how to go through this stupid process? I guess I don't understand!.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Skinny Bob
I have looked at the AMA web site to register my aircraft, however there is no where to register my fixed wing aircraft, only drones. Once again the educated people who write the instructions have failed to explain to my wee brain where on the site I should click to register my fixed wing aircraft. I don't own a drone and never will. Can anyone tell me how to go through this stupid process? I guess I don't understand!.
Sure, its easy, you register on the FAA site not the AMA site and the correct link to register has been posted on RCU many times.

Don't get hung up on the semantics because RC fixed wing aircraft are drones to the FAA and also by the definition in most dictionaries.

You are actually registering yourself to fly your Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) in the National Air Space. UAS covers fixed wing aircraft, helicopters and multicopters.

The process is very simple, clearly explained and just takes a few minutes.

You register here.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

There you can see the word "aircraft" appears several times.

Last edited by Rob2160; 02-17-2016 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Original post was not entirely accurate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.