Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

RID Postponement: FAA's Unenforceable Threat

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

RID Postponement: FAA's Unenforceable Threat

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2023, 01:34 AM
R_Strowe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<Deleted>

Last edited by R_Strowe; 10-07-2023 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2023, 04:04 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Only months after Crazy Eddie's IPO, Antar's [Crazy Eddie] marriage to his wife, Debbie, became unstable as a result of frequent arguments. He then commenced an affair with another, younger woman, also named Debbie. [---removed---] The trysting pair were caught by Eddie's wife and sister on New Year's Eve 1984. [All on ---removed---] Crazy Eddie's troubles began almost immediately afterward; [More and more ---removed---] the scam had relied extensively on family members helping keep the appearance that it was an immensely successful company.

By 1987, Sammy Antar's goal was no longer to show greater profitability, but rather to disguise previous frauds. [---removed--- and more ---removed---] During fiscal year 1987, they falsified inventories between $22.5 and $28 million. In addition, Crazy Eddie booked $20 million in phony debit memos or charge backs to vendors that reduced accounts payable. [---removed--- x3]

As the company's fraud became more difficult to disguise, [and lots more ---removed---] Eddie Antar died at the age of 68.
Originally Posted by R_Strowe
I was barely out of high school at the time, but even then knew I wanted an aviation career. And knew what ANY sort of illegal drugs/drug use would do to that career. Never touched the stuff. Any of it. Ever. Period. End of story. And I don't appreciate potential accusations like that on a public forum, even in jest. Lesser unfounded claims have destroyed more than one career.
Echo, you need to knock off this crap. I'm totally with Bob on this. Just stop it.

Last edited by franklin_m; 10-07-2023 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Removed select words referencing item
Old 10-07-2023, 04:17 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Echo, you need to knock off this crap. I'm totally with Bob on this. Just stop it.
Agree 100%

The rambling posts about crazy eddie's cocaine use 50 years ago really add nothing to a discussion of the present day FAA's RID postponement.....
Old 10-07-2023, 05:48 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Franklin, What's up with you quoting it if you are so concerned? R_Srowe answered it let it drop. You are only drawing more attention to it and keeping it current with your faux indignation. If any of you actually thought it threatened his job you would have reported it and had it removed. You didn't. Barracuda brought it up and thought Crazy Eddie was "honest". Cleared that up. I didn't do cocaine either but was everywhere back then.

I do have a (very!) funny cocaine story involving me personally. It was a district attorney election. The guy who won I knew casualty. He was very honest and very nice person, he and his wife both. He won by just a few votes and I had a small hand in it, the details of which are pretty funny. We received a Christmas card every year from them until we moved away and lost touch. The guy who lost I didn't know him or what he looked like, but a coke snorting district attorney sorry.

I went back and looked for the sUAS article with Gary Mortimer threatening AMA over drones to see if maybe I had misread it. It is all that and more: "Laurence Tougas for AMA president, just say no" (Rich Hanson just say yes) a play on the Just Say No anti-drug campaign. In keeping with the theme Mortimer included a video "Just Say No" (to heroin).

The article stands out as the only one I saw mentioning AMA going back through 7 years. He also does not mention Rich Hanson by name, just vote no for Tougas. It did not age well is an understatement. The drone/FPV thing didn't work out so well for AMA.

"A president that turns his back on the technology and users does so at his own peril." (Nice CBO you've got there)

"He has perhaps not read enough memos, all model aircraft are now RPA." (RPAs, sUAS, UAS, and now just "Drone" pilots)

"If you are an AMA member vote wisely." (OK there Chief, a 41% decline in members in 3 years wise)

Patrick Egan wrote back but still went on about how "we" the both of them were big advocates of the hobby.

https://www.suasnews.com/2016/08/law...t-just-say-no/

Old 10-07-2023, 06:29 AM
ECHO24

Hey Franklin. I removed those so edit out the quote in yours.

Last edited by ECHO24; 10-07-2023 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:49 AM
ECHO24

Hey Barracuda. I'm not sure how far we need to go back but it was your off-topic post and video of fast talking Crazy Eddie that is the OP. Could be a lesson in there.

You have my permission to ask that the entire thread taken down, or if our moderator sees this. It's been too long stuck on this anyway.

Franklin leaving that up isn't too worried about R_Strowe losing his job is he. Maybe report him.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:59 AM
franklin_m

Franklin leaving that up isn't too worried about R_Strowe losing his job is he. Maybe report him.
If you took the time to notice, every mention has been replaced with "---removed---"

The remainder of your rambling doesn't contain anything that might even cause of whiff of interest in Bob. That's the last thing I'd want, hence the "---removed'---" everywhere YOU mentioned illicit drugs.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:05 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How about?

Hey Franklin. I removed those so edit out the quote in yours.
Perhaps a look within and considering if avoiding such unnecessary situations in the future, is a take away for you as you are not presenting yourself very well here, it has not looked good for a long time now.
Just a friendly suggestion.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:21 AM
ECHO24

Not a "friendly" suggestion Edge, you have an axe to grind. But you bring up a good point. Not much useful is gained in continuing off-topic taunting.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:27 AM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by franklin_m
If you took the time to notice, every mention has been replaced with "---removed---"

The remainder of your rambling doesn't contain anything that might even cause of whiff of interest in Bob. That's the last thing I'd want, hence the "---removed'---" everywhere YOU mentioned illicit drugs.
I added the Gary Mortimer's sUAS article and the veiled threat to AMA. Lots to unpack there. And by coincidence a tie-in to the drug thing with "Just Say No".

So there you go, I've done my part to get us back on track.
Old 10-07-2023, 11:01 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Default I would suspect.

Not a "friendly" suggestion Edge, you have an axe to grind. But you bring up a good point. Not much useful is gained in continuing off-topic taunting.
oh really, now although I have no axe to grind, your reply does not come as a surprise.
Never mind.

What ya drinking tonight then?
Old 10-07-2023, 11:02 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

I didn't mean to derail anything, I was merely comparing Bruce's ranting videos to the old Crazy Eddie commercials. For the sarcasm impaired it was a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor.
Old 10-07-2023, 11:35 AM
ECHO24

Hi Bob. If you could please delete the thread. Not one person here has made a comment related to the topic. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2023, 11:52 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why does the thread need deleted? Is it beyond your control to just stop posting and move along? It would certainly appear so….
Old 10-07-2023, 12:26 PM
ECHO24

LMAO, Doesn't grasp the irony of THAT comment ...

Thread topics in general are just a placeholder. This one has turned into a mosh pit.

Looks like the only way to kill it is drive it into obscurity with more threads.

Old 10-07-2023, 12:32 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Default And so

Originally Posted by astrohog
Why does the thread need deleted? Is it beyond your control to just stop posting and move along? It would certainly appear so….

Obviously.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
R_Strowe

I've deleted my response and the offending quote. I'm over it.

It is unfortunate that many people do not understand that even the appearance of impropriety can have far reaching consequences. If anyone wants an example PM me, I've got a doozy.

R_Strowe
Old 10-07-2023, 03:25 PM
ECHO24

Originally Posted by R_Strowe
I've deleted my response and the offending quote. I'm over it.

It is unfortunate that many people do not understand that even the appearance of impropriety can have far reaching consequences. If anyone wants an example PM me, I've got a doozy.

R_Strowe
You responded to more than one. If you're worried about it you would have asked "Bob" to remove them at whatever point you started sweating it. Or me. I don't do PMs but I would have taken yours. Instead like Franklin you drew more attention to them. And now you want to keep going with PM's and gossip, because after thinking about it you explained yourself well enough it's not an issue.

Someone in your position should think twice about being on social media at all. That's policy at some companies. Now after the fact you want to share some story privately? Change the names and post it here.
Old 10-07-2023, 03:38 PM
ECHO24

Hey Franklin. How many PMs did you exchange with "Bob" before he said, The guy deleted the posts, what do you want me to do? There's big canvas right here. PMs are for teenage girls.