Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

50CC REVOLVER!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

50CC REVOLVER!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 AM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50CC REVOLVER!!

btw - has anyone flown their Rev 90 on skis yet?? WHO'LL be the FIRST? I'm using Maiden Aluminum skis - not perfect, but workable. Attached are some pics from this past Sunday. I had the entire field to myself, for four hours! My Rev 70 \ OS 120 and Sukhoi \ DLE 30 (the 30 was being a bear to tune - just changed the ring and reed block - WAY too rich...)

I call my location "Base Camp 1". btw - 5 miles behind those trees is LaGuadia Airport, then Manhattan.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99338.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1851210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32948.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1851211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24439.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1851212  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (2)

Yes, I will do something there to give it some clearance for the bellcrank.
This afternoon I temporaily rigged a ingnition regulator to test run the engine.  Very impressed with it.  I only had to lean the idle a little.  But im not happy with the fuel clunks provided.  They are very big and so as they lay now it will not pick up all but the last 1/4 inch of fuel.  I liked the Revolver 70 type where the clunk tapered to a point and could get nearly every last drop.  Not really a problem, it is a very big fuel tank.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

My time is in the afternoon, tues and Thursday are perfect but then weds which is my pm off there is a HurracaineHurracaine
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Well, Tower had this with $50 off, and basic shipping free, and 3 Easy Pays, so now I have one coming.  I've read nearly this whole thread, but seem to have missed some of the suggestions/mods dealing with the springy landing gear and weak mounting structure.  Any redirects appreciated.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
airborne2.4

Yep. that is the best time to fly
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
billberry189
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: tes21966

Who has flown one of these? Did Great Planes improve the landing gear on the 50cc version? I have had both of the smaller versions and the landing gear was very weak on them both.

tes21966,

I have been flying my 50cc Revolver for about a month now as well as having 4 other R/C pilots take a flight or two each. So far I have not experienced any landing gear issues; and believe me when I say that not all the landings were gentle. This is truly a great plane from Great Planes. Everyone who has flown it loves it and everyone else stops whatever they are doing to watch itperform when it is airborne. It is rapidly becomming my go to bird. It flies on a rope and is very stable even in 15 mile per hour cross winds.

And I can't say enough good stuff about the new DLE 55 RA. Easy to start with power to spare. Smooth too!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 PM
billberry189

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

My time is in the afternoon, tues and Thursday are perfect but then weds which is my pm off there is a HurracaineHurracaine

lopflyers,

I am also from Orlando. I was just wondering what field you fly out of? I am currently a member of Orca and RCACF and fly out of one of those two fields almost every weekend.

Bill from Orlando
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM
lopflyers

Hi Bill, my name is Arnie, I fly mostly out of Rocket City RC Club in Christmas, this is off SR50.
Im also a member at RCACF but because it takes me 45 mins to drive there I go once a month on my Friday off.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
tes21966

Thank you billberry.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 PM
tes21966

Has anyone actually tried a DLE60 Twin? Just wondering if it would fit inside the cowl?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Spridal
My Feedback: (17)

Ibeleive it has been done and Iremember that the cowl needed to be cut on the sides to accept the plugs.
ORIGINAL: tes21966

Has anyone actually tried a DLE60 Twin? Just wondering if it would fit inside the cowl?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 AM
wjcalhoun

I considered, but did not install a DLE60. The width of the cowl is too small, and as noted, would require relieving the cowl for plugs, as well as for cooling of the heads.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
[email protected]

My Revolver is ready to test fly. After waiting for a IBE (ignition Battery eliminator) from syssaaircraft.com I decided to go back to my smartfly regulator and a seperate kill switch.
Over a week ago I ordered this IBE from them and got a quick confirmation for my order. But days later I started wondering when it would arrive. So I tried calling the company, no answer. I emailed them, NOANSWER still. I eamaled another company menber and still no answer. I tried calling several different times during the day and evening and NO answer. Their voice mail box was full! Then suddenly I got this emai that told me they did not receive any of my attempts to reach them. They just wanted to confirm that my order shiped TODAY! Now what if I really needed to contact them about their product? I really dont want to deal with this company if I cant reach them. FYI

I also got news from Tower that the Revolver 59 inch landing gear finally came in and so they shiped it out to me. Where I use to live 5 months ago! But I can get them on the phone and since I had updated my address with them months ago, they are sending me another one. It's nice dealing with a company you can talk to.

OK i'm done ranting. Just waiting for good weather this weekend to maiden the Revolver 50cc.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.tech-aero.net/ultra-ibec
Get it from the source. Ships quick.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
wjcalhoun

m gutzmer

I think the issues with contact / customer service with Syssa are pretty well articulated both in this forum and in the F** G** forum.
I wish them well, as they are an American company, but your experience is typical.

Valley View has RCExl kill switches; Troy built models has an IBE that i have used in my R70.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
[email protected]

Cloudy and rainny today, nothing to do, so I got creative. Needing to open the cowl for better airflow I wanted to avoid if possible cutting up the cowl too much. So I decided I would have to figure out how to make a grill for it. From flat stock I cut and drilled, filed and sanded until this is what came out of it.
I only wish I made the border wider to accomadate the nylon strip used for securing the screws.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42811.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	1852140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57703.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1852141  
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

A very nice addition!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM
[email protected]

Today i had a window of good weather to maiden my new Revolver 50cc and took it. No problems, no worries. Only a short test flight so I could trim it and check all connections afterward for problems. It was a little nose heavy and required 5 clicks trim. Roll was minimal to trim. Compared to my R70 with the DLE 20 this bigger one was slower to respond but still a good flyer. I'm sure it will improve when the engine is running at full power and the throw rates are adjusted.
I replaced the main wheels with DuBro low bounce and found that they did help a lot. I know they weigh a lot more, but I like these better for landings on pavement. Talking about weight, this big Revolver can still go straight up forever on a new motor not even tweeked yet.
Found out today that my project was delayed and I will be home another week. So plenty of time to fly it again.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 AM
[email protected]

Almost lost it on a second day of flying. My elevator servo lead at the reciever was acting up and caused the plane to loop on it's own. After landing and checking I found the elevators stuck full down. After replacing the extention everything was normal. Lucky!
This bigger Revolver is much easier to fly than my others, but still fully aerobatic.
The fuel tank is a little big for this engine. I flew for twenty min and didn't even go through half the tank. The only real complaint I have is the tail wheel assy. Has anyone else had problems with this bending? I havent even had a hard landing and it gets bent into the rudder. So I have ordered a carbon fiber gear from aero-works.

Should be another nice day here today.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
lopflyers

WOW you landed her with the elevator stuck.[X(]. You are both a good pilot and a lucky man
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM
[email protected]

No, sorry i caused you to misunderstand. It was intermittent while flying, but only after landing did I see the elevator was stuck in the down position. Sorry I made it sound that way. But yes, I was very lucky to get the chance to correct this. I also like the way Dubro low bounce tires work with this on hard pavement. So I just replaced the wheels on my other revolver.
I consider this size Revlover the more kinder gentler Revolver because of its size and slower tendencies. It is much easier to fly.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

m_gutzmer - very glad to hear you saved your Rev 90. But the last time I had intermittent elevator issues I lost the plane - turns out I knew before I took off there was a problem, but it was minor on the ground. Unfortunately it got worse in the air and I lost all elevator control. A 78" Texas Hurricane down in the water - I had to watch it slowly sink as it drifted away.

I later saw the same symptom on another gasser - intermittent movement of one elevator. Did some more troubleshooting and it turned out to be interference from the EI. After moving everything in front of the firewall the problem went away.

Do not fool with that problem - troubleshoot and find the cause (unless you're SURE you have it). Elevators are the one control surface we can't live without!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
lopflyers

That is so true, loose ailerons and u can use rudder up to a point and viceversa. Loose throttle and u can either wait til u r out of fuel or use a kill switch, loose elevators and u will loose the plane
Old 02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
billberry189

Hey Guys,

Has anyone besides me experienced a problem with the supplied carbon fiber wing tube on their R90? After the fifth flight or so, I discovered that my tube was cracked right at the exit of the fuselage. The crack went completely around the tube. Obviously I had to order a new tube, which I did with rapid response from Tower at an expense of $47.00. Well, to make a short story even shorter, the new tube is cracked in the same place as the first one and in just two uneventful flights. Needless to say , I am very disappointed with this situation. Visual inspections have not turned up a reason for this event. And to think I thought replacing $25.00 props was expensive!

Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Bill from Orlando

Old 02-24-2013, 04:43 PM
wjcalhoun

Hi Bill

I have not seen that, but will inspect my tube. I am not doubting you, but are you sure it is cracked, and not just scratched?

My R90 has not been flown for a few weeks, as I have concentrated on my AWExtra300. I should have some flight performance data soon (from my Eagle Tree system) with velocity and 3-axis g-forces.

This structural failure is pretty worrisome because wing-tube failure during hard manuvering means a dead plane.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.