Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 04:24 AM
Mustang137

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some more pics. I'll put a couple of tanks through her this weekend as well as completing the heavy certification.

Last edited by Mustang137; 06-04-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 AM
bladebender
My Feedback: (5)

Wish mine looked so nice
Old 06-04-2015, 01:24 PM
bikerbc

Jeepindog how are those skis comming along ? I still would like a set of the wheel skis .. Also did yo convert your ASP over to the OS carb or are you still running it with the stock carb ? I just can't seem to get mine to run well at all . I am thinking about removing it and replacing it with a gasser . I have it in a Rascal 110 .
Old 06-05-2015, 11:09 AM
flymustang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the shockers from prbushwheels.com as well. I have been waiting for them for more than 3 weeks now. German post lost them and are not able to tell me where they are.
The guys from prbushwheels.com are really very nice and offered me to send a second set of the shockers to me hoping they will not be lost this time.

Thanks a lot Steve!!

Claus
The following users liked this post:
Tony Flores (12-25-2023)
Old 06-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Fulcrum2111

Hello can anyone tell me the total heigth of the rudder when fully stock assembled from the ground (tailwheel lowest part) to the top of the rudder? Thank you.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Fulcrum2111

And the same with the PR tailwheel installed
Old 06-07-2015, 12:39 PM
bikerbc

I would like to try and answer your question but I am unsure what it is that you are asking . I don't have the PR tailwheel but I do have the stock tailwheel assembly but I think I put a bigger wheel on . At any rate my wheel is 1 1/2" . From the ground to the top of the rudder is 18" .. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I gave it a try ..
Old 06-07-2015, 03:58 PM
cbrummett

Well I just ordered the Super cub with a DLE 40 twin. and a set of floats. Can not wait till it all shows up so I can start the fun task of assembly
Old 06-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Jeepindog

Originally Posted by bikerbc
Jeepindog how are those skis comming along ? I still would like a set of the wheel skis .. Also did yo convert your ASP over to the OS carb or are you still running it with the stock carb ? I just can't seem to get mine to run well at all . I am thinking about removing it and replacing it with a gasser . I have it in a Rascal 110 .
Haven't worked on them much lately. Will get something done eventually. I'm tired of my ASP 1.60 twin. I'm going to replace it with a VVRC 40 twin and be done with glow fuel. Too much screwing around with tuning on that engine. I couldn't get the O.S. carb to fit well, even with an O.S. manifold. You get what you pay for...

If you want a brand new O.S. Carb and manifold I'll sell it to you for a good price. You'll need to fabricate some longer intake tubes, but it would make that engine run better.

Last edited by Jeepindog; 06-08-2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:51 AM
bikerbc

Thanks for the reply Jeepindog . Thats what I needed to hear , mines comming out too . I will replace it with a G26
Old 06-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Mustang137

Few more pics....ready to maiden!

Regards,

Phill
Old 06-08-2015, 06:09 PM
cbrummett

looks nice.
Post a flight video of the maiden
Old 06-08-2015, 10:12 PM
DUCATIKID

Looking good, you will love the way this plane flys
Old 06-08-2015, 11:12 PM
sckevan

Originally Posted by marksp
Yep...I'm starting to think the felt like material inside the Wingtote bags is the culprit. Broke 2 ends on my Beaver and luckily, HH sent me one off their demo plane as they were back ordered for 8 months! Maybe I should ditch the bags and go commando!

Cheers
Mark, that is such bad luck with the wing bags.... it seems that much of the hobby is about making it as cheap as possible so it will fall apart and you can buy new stuff! It is truly frustrating! I am so glad the shock struts are still going strong and working well for you!

Steve - PR Bushwheels - "It's how you Roll!"
Old 06-13-2015, 12:12 AM
bladebender

Ordered from prbush wheels heard nothing are they behind
Old 06-13-2015, 12:14 AM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When did you order from them? And what did you order?
Old 06-13-2015, 12:29 AM
sckevan

Originally Posted by bladebender
Ordered from prbush wheels heard nothing are they behind
Bladebender,

Can you tell me what you ordered? I have had two emails that i have not been able to send because of a conflict. If you can provide me with a little info, I will check on this right away. We did get slammed with a bunch of orders over the last week, so we are filling them in the order they come in. If you ordered a set of shock struts we do get them out fairly quickly... Sorry for any delay. When we get amount of tire orders, there is a curing time that it takes to make sure they can be thoroughly tested before getting shipped out!

In fact, I just checked on your order going to Waterford, MI and it will be dropped off at the post office on my way home from the shop tomorrow evening. It is finished and we are sending out several sets at the same time. You should be emailed a tracking number as soon as the postage is attached.

Best Regards,

[email protected]
Old 06-13-2015, 12:33 AM
sckevan

Originally Posted by DUCATIKID
P.S. It's "a-looo-minnum" not "aloo-minny-um."

I disagree! aloo-minny-um is the correct pronunciation, just as colour is the correct way to spell colour
NOT TRUE - see how it is spelled here in the US is Aluminum!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE DOING IT WRONG>>!! LMAO Happy landings fellas!
Old 06-13-2015, 12:54 AM
sckevan

Originally Posted by Jeepindog
Careful with those PRBushwheels. The pair I had exploded on a very gentle landing on the very first flight I had. They're toy tires, not meant for bigger airplanes. I held one up to a light and the rubber was so thin I could see through it!!!!! The hubs are terrible. Get Airtops or stick with the DuBro 6" Big Wheels, or suffer a blowout with PRJunkwheels. I politely emailed the owner after my tire failure and he would not respond. Weasel.
Hello Jeepindog,

I will say that there were some manufacturing problems in the beginning when the tires were being developed. Now I can not speak for you not getting a return email as I was not here then, but I guarantee that the issues you have had are resolved with the new manufacturing process. We have worked diligently with all of our customers and have replaced all the version 1 tires. If you are the original purchaser of the tires and send them back, I will send you a brand new set of balanced tires. The valve stems on our tires are designed for specific purpose, and that is so they can be easily serviced. They can be adhered to the rubber should the purchaser choose to do so with the supplied repair kits, but it is not necessary. I personally have been flying version 1 tires on my 1/4 scale super cub with great success. I only just recently balanced them, which I will say made all the difference in the world. As for minor inconsistencies in the rubber, there are still some as these are hand made tires and not massed produces. I challenge anyone to create and build the tires we are at their quality to give you a scale representation of a true bush wheel. We have had no failures of our tires after testing and re-release of the product. As with any new developing product and growing company, there are bumps in the road, and that is unavoidable. We have not only gone back to the drawing board for manufacturing the tires, but the hubs have all been re-designed for better performance. The are still plastic but have a far better holding capability on the tire. In fact, proof is in the pudding! For instance, check out the footage of the Joe Nall with Dave Sullivan... now even though we sponsor Dave, he was doing some one wheel high speed touch and goes on the asphalt which we don't recommend. However, he has been punishing the tires and they are still going! These are our 1/3 scale versions. Should you feel the desire, I would encourage you to send me your information as if you have had a failure with our product, we will correct that with a new set. If you do not have that set to send back, as long as we can show you purchased them, I will get you a new set. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I will add that you must keep in mind that these are in fact a softer rubber tire, and as with full-scale bush wheels, you have to be mindful of the outside temperature and air pressure within the tire, because it will fluctuate.

And lastly, correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you flying a set of 6.5" bush wheels on a 1/4 scale plane. I may be mistaken as there has been only a single report of a tire splitting open and that was the information that I had. Our 6.5" tires are rated only for air frames up to 8 lbs. I would also like to add that when the website was shut down from the original release last year, so too was the email address attached to it. The domain would not allow the email to remain at that time, hence the new email address.

Best regards,
[email protected]
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Jeepindog

Steve, thanks for the response. First off, I was indeed flying the 6.5" tires on a bigger airplane; however, I explicitly requested a set of tires that would work with the Hangar 9 30cc Beaver. It is a roughly 19.X% scale plane; call it 1/5 scale. A 7" tire = a 35" bushwheel on a full size Beaver. That's what I was sent, and it failed on the first flight, third landing of touch-n-gos. Chipped a pricey CF prop, but no airframe damage. I never heard that these tires were only rated to 8 lbs until you wrote it above. If anyone had told me that before I mounted them we would all be talking about something else. I never got the courtesy of a "too bad, so sad" email from anyone at PR after sending a couple polite inquiries for warranty. I gave up. I was told by another RC flyer from your neck of the woods that PR stopped making the 6.5" size right after I bought mine, because they were blowing out. Hearsay, sure, but he said the owner of PR was his buddy. I still have the 6.5" set.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you took the time to read this forum than you would find numerous complaints about the tires blowing the side wall out. They were never designed to take loads exceeding 10lb.
Originally Posted by Jeepindog
Steve, thanks for the response. First off, I was indeed flying the 6.5" tires on a bigger airplane; however, I explicitly requested a set of tires that would work with the Hangar 9 30cc Beaver. It is a roughly 19.X% scale plane; call it 1/5 scale. A 7" tire = a 35" bushwheel on a full size Beaver. That's what I was sent, and it failed on the first flight, third landing of touch-n-gos. Chipped a pricey CF prop, but no airframe damage. I never heard that these tires were only rated to 8 lbs until you wrote it above. If anyone had told me that before I mounted them we would all be talking about something else. I never got the courtesy of a "too bad, so sad" email from anyone at PR after sending a couple polite inquiries for warranty. I gave up. I was told by another RC flyer from your neck of the woods that PR stopped making the 6.5" size right after I bought mine, because they were blowing out. Hearsay, sure, but he said the owner of PR was his buddy. I still have the 6.5" set.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:52 PM
bladebender

Steve PR bushwheels thanks, everything sould be on track
Old 06-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Jeepindog

Originally Posted by flycatch
If you took the time to read this forum than you would find numerous complaints about the tires blowing the side wall out. They were never designed to take loads exceeding 10lb.
Was that directed at me, or Steve? Since Steve said there's only been ONE reported blowout then either you're calling him a liar, or you're telling me that you're too cool for school, like your previous post #1776 in this thread. You seem like a really great guy from what I've read here. Too bad I can't take more time to read this forum like you suggested. Since you have so much time perhaps you'd be so kind as to show us these numerous complaints of sidewalls blowing out, and the 10lb rating. I can show you the original email to PRBushweels asking specifically about running them on the H9 30cc Beaver.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:17 PM
bikerbc

I for one have steered away from PRBushwheels because of the treatment that Jeepindog recieved or rather did not recieve . I am very happy to see that this matter looks like its going to be resolved finally. I am interested in the little shockers but customer suport is very important to me and I will not deal with a company that treats my friends unfairly .
Old 06-13-2015, 04:40 PM
bikerbc

Just a side note to my previous post .Even if PRBushwheels replaces the tires and hubs that still leaves Jeepindog to replace his Cf prop . However I realize a company can only be expected to do so much . It has been a long wait and any customer support at this time is a welcome surprize .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.