Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Where are all the 25cc planes?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Where are all the 25cc planes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 08:13 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where are all the 25cc planes?

I have a 25cc engine but cannot find anything to put it in. Looking for sport plane, basic aerobatics. No warbirds or biplanes--too much work to assemble at field. Seagull has a nice 30cc Extra but probably too large for a 25. I will consider anything--right now the engine is in a 1/4 scale cub and I am growing tired of it. Please help!

Greg
Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I think that 120 glow sized planes will often carry the weight of a 25 cc, that has been my experience in the past, they may not be floaty on landings When I was converting some weedeaters in the past with my buddy we found that an airplane with 900 square inches would work, you might need to move the battery and servos back to balance..
Old 09-27-2013, 10:50 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Here are a few and they have the larger Stiks that fly well on a 25cc.
http://www.texasrcplanes.com/tlulsp112035.html
Old 09-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingGreg
I have a 25cc engine but cannot find anything to put it in. Looking for sport plane, basic aerobatics. No warbirds or biplanes--too much work to assemble at field. Seagull has a nice 30cc Extra but probably too large for a 25. I will consider anything--right now the engine is in a 1/4 scale cub and I am growing tired of it. Please help!

Greg
I was just ready to post basically the same question. I have a new OS GT 22 that I would like to find a model for. Thought that I had found the perfect one in a Seagull Spacewalker II, but when I placed the order, supplier states that model is no longer available. Also, can not find another one anyplace.

Thus, I to would also appreciate some recommendations for this engine. I also have a DLE-20, but that will be going in to a Great Planes Revolver 70, which has become very popular for the DLE-20's.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:33 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Granpooba,
Have you considered a Funtana, or a Pulse 125? Have you seen this string in the engine section? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-...our-dle20.html

Greg, there's huge weight/power variances in engines that might be described as a 25cc? Can you be more specific?
Old 09-28-2013, 09:19 PM
flartz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hangar 9 Taylorcraft is a high wing aerobatic plane designed for 20-26cc. I have just commissioned one with an OS GT22. It flies really well, very stable, but there is plenty of action if you throw the sticks around. Sean
Old 09-30-2013, 05:50 AM
FlyingGreg

Flarz--that is a good option. I like that style of plane and flying.

Ahicks--my engine is an RCGF 25 (if I have the lettering in the correct order). It pulls arount my quater scale cub ok, but I am tired of the plane. Starting to get a little beat up also. I bought this engine after getting burned in the Brilleli Engine bankruptcy. I had sent him a check for an engine that never arrived, just some legal paperwork if I wanted to join the bankruptcy proceeding. Not many folks probably remember that issue. The RCGF seems to run just fine. not sure what I am tacking on an 18-6, but definetly not lugging down.

Greg
Old 09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe what you have is a 26cc engine Greg. I have one of those as well, and agree it's a pretty good runner. Not far off the performance of a 30cc, and about the same weight? That's the group I'd be picking from anyway. Something over 1000 sq. in. and in the 10-13, maybe 14lb range? APC makes an 18x6W that works really well with that engine.

A lot of guys were using this engine just prior to the DLE30's arrival onto the sport plane scene, on the leading edge of the big move towards using gas for RC. With all the 30cc planes available now, find something on the lighter side, keep it light when building, and you should have a blast with it! -Al
Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 AM
FlyingGreg

Ahicks--you are exactly right. It IS 26cc. thanks for the help.