Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

DHC-2 Beaver by E-flite

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

DHC-2 Beaver by E-flite

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 01:03 AM
340cudaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DHC-2 Beaver by E-flite

I need help. I purchased this aircraft, motor, esc, bhc. I have never had to connect a bec before. I'm hearing that the red wire from the esc is suppose to be disconnected and to plug the bec into the batt side of the receiver. I have a spectrum DX6i radio, I don't see a spot for the battery, only for bind/data. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:47 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

The layout of the ESC is usually three wires on one end, these go to the motor, two wires on the other end usually terminating into a plug, and a wired connector like a servo wire. Connect this into the throttle position of the receiver. The red wire in this connector provides the power to the receiver.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 AM
340cudaman

I think I left something out. I have an ESC and a SEPARATE BEC. That is my problem. I have 2 connectors, 1 for the ESC and the other for the BEC that both go to the receiver. Some say to disconnect the RED wire from the ESC plug to the receiver and plug the BEC into the Battery port. The only other port on my receiver is the bind/data port, nothing marked battery. Others don't say anything about disconnecting the red wire from the esc.
Sorry about not having all the information in my post.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:27 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

I'll give you a tip. Get a small servo extension and remove the red wire. This way you won't have to remove the red wire from the ESC in case you want to use the BEC from the ESC. I used a separate BEC with a Castle ESC a couple of years ago. The separate BEC was also a Castle. I followed their instructions and had no problems. They wanted the red wire out and that's when I used the 3 inch extension.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:54 PM
340cudaman

Thank you. I still have a problem with the receiver. I don't have a separate battery port, I have a bind/data port. Is this where I plug the BEC into?
Old 08-23-2014, 06:45 PM
340cudaman

I researched and found out the receiver bind/data port is for the battery, so that is where the BEC will connect.
As far as removing the red wire from the ESC, I was able to remove the connector in the plug which there is a small
plastic clip above the wire that lifts up so you can pull the connector out without any damage and will be able to push
it back in. I taped the wire back along itself covering the connector.

I want to thank EVERYONE for their help.