Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ThunderTiger Rare Bear

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ThunderTiger Rare Bear

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
SergioRoadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ThunderTiger Rare Bear

Does anyone as this RTF version of the Rare Bear?

http://www.miniplanes.fr/product_inf...roducts_id=501

Can it be handled by beginners?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
forestroke

sergio - be ready for a plethora of people screaming at you. i certainly hope that you're trolling since there's no way anyone's going to recommend that plane for a beginner. my ONE cent because it jus ain worth two.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem here is the reputation damage and reliabilty of the Rare Bear has been done. I mean it's like the "Spinach" mess a couple months back. It's going to be very difficult to sell that product no matter what anybody says.

I was in Costco the other day and they always have food samples. Anything with Spinach in it is being passed on by. I also recall when Ace was blowing off the issue. Now the tables are turn and we are blowing them off. They would have to make me a killer deal to run the risk of it.

As far as this plane being used as a first trainer, I say go fo it. Set up real nice. Get some cash invested it. Take lots of photos before you take to the field. At least you'll have something to remember it by when you bring it all back in a garbage bag![sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 02-15-2007, 01:52 AM
forestroke

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

Problem here is the reputation damage and reliabilty of the Rare Bear has been done. I mean it's like the "Spinach" mess a couple months back. It's going to be very difficult to sell that product no matter what anybody says.

I was in Costco the other day and they always have food samples. Anything with Spinach in it is being passed on by. I also recall when Ace was blowing off the issue. Now the tables are turn and we are blowing them off. They would have to make me a killer deal to run the risk of it.

As far as this plane being used as a first trainer, I say go fo it. Set up real nice. Get some cash invested it. Take lots of photos before you take to the field. At least you'll have something to remember it by when you bring it all back in a garbage bag![sm=cry_smile.gif]
LOL knowing how those foamies explode, best bring a vacuum cleaner :-)
Old 02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Cyclic Hardover

I would love you be at a big "fly in." Have some guy stuff a plane into thousands of pieces. Then see some guy come onto the field carrying a huge gas powered leaf blower and blow it off the field. Reminds of an old Jetsons cartoon when the football players nailed each other and theywould come onto the field and scrape up the mess real quick and leave.
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2007, 05:26 PM
bignasdy

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man Ive seen that many times before........I wish I liked bein a slave to this pc........Id tell yall some funny funny stuff........
Oh what the heck, just last week, this guy crashes his h9 spit because. #1' Hes an idiot.........#2' Some moron told him to set the timer on his futaba 7c for 8 minutes, and have it throttle down to let him know its time to land.
8 mins? What da.......I fly mine with the stock tank and 61sf for 40 minutes.
It takes that long to loose the adrenilin shakes. no kiddin
So....the guy is havin sooooo much fun, taxi ing around the place, ......."good gosh" LOL
then after 6 or seven minutes, he has to wait on a plane to land...........then he drives it around somemore.............
.......I guess cause he wanted a reason to blame H9 for crappy retrtacts after they fail do to his grass hoppin.....LOL........anyway, see where aim goin?.....anyeway........he takes off with no run up or checks, the spitfire is yanked off the grass, yaws left, slow climb, slow roll left......... the guy dosent know he has a rudder........its now inverted and diving oh so beautifly full throttle from about 14 feet alt......then it plops and detrys itsself prop a blazin! He didnt even chop power.......huh? ......what..........who me............?
Now................his radio neutraled the ailerons after 8minutes of foolishness...........
Now hes says futaba sux and wont help him when........... hes the guy that set it up!
Rule one, if you dont know how long the plane will fly, stay home........no one needs this kind of stuff............
#2 always let "some Guy" tell ya how to set up your radio. duh..............again.....stay home.
#3 Blame the mfg because your a dumb--- once more..stay home.
God Bless yall..sorry for the kinda off .....kinda ...on topic..............rambling.........
d
GAWD! LOLOOLl

d
Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Cyclic Hardover

ORIGINAL: bignasdy

Man Ive seen that many times before........I wish I liked bein a slave to this pc........Id tell yall some funny funny stuff........
Oh what the heck, just last week, this guy crashes his h9 spit because. #1' Hes an idiot.........#2' Some moron told him to set the timer on his futaba 7c for 8 minutes, and have it throttle down to let him know its time to land.
8 mins? What da.......I fly mine with the stock tank and 61sf for 40 minutes.
It takes that long to loose the adrenilin shakes. no kiddin
So....the guy is havin sooooo much fun, taxi ing around the place, ......."good gosh" LOL
then after 6 or seven minutes, he has to wait on a plane to land...........then he drives it around somemore.............
.......I guess cause he wanted a reason to blame H9 for crappy retrtacts after they fail do to his grass hoppin.....LOL........anyway, see where aim goin?.....anyeway........he takes off with no run up or checks, the spitfire is yanked off the grass, yaws left, slow climb, slow roll left......... the guy dosent know he has a rudder........its now inverted and diving oh so beautifly full throttle from about 14 feet alt......then it plops and detrys itsself prop a blazin! He didnt even chop power.......huh? ......what..........who me............?
Now................his radio neutraled the ailerons after 8minutes of foolishness...........
Now hes says futaba sux and wont help him when........... hes the guy that set it up!
Rule one, if you dont know how long the plane will fly, stay home........no one needs this kind of stuff............
#2 always let "some Guy" tell ya how to set up your radio. duh..............again.....stay home.
#3 Blame the mfg because your a dumb--- once more..stay home.
God Bless yall..sorry for the kinda off .....kinda ...on topic..............rambling.........
d
GAWD! LOLOOLl

d
TEXANS![sm=confused.gif] HEY, WAS HE WEARING ONE OF THESE?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13224.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	622449  
Old 02-15-2007, 10:01 PM
bignasdy

ROTFLMAO!
d
Old 02-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Easystern

Gee guys, glad I checked out the forum before I decided on buying a TT Rear Bear (first edition still new in box) that was offered to me yesterday on a club sale..... Wasnt looking for a new plane but wow....it did look awsome.
Took me "a few" hours to work through this topic but time well spend as it turned out!
A big no no for this one (for me that is)
Thanks for all your input!
Cheers, Hans
Hey Mad Monster
How much is the RB ?? i need a second one and i am right now in germany and not far from you to pick it up......
Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I have not been to this RB thread for nearly 2 YEARS since my posting of my RB OS 1.60FX engine install and this thread is still alive !!

My RB with the OS 1.60 FX is my most flown prop airplane and evertime I bring it out, even after 2 seasons of flying, it still impresses.

Hope everyone else is having as much fun with theirs as I have.

Keep em fly'n.

Kerry S.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
bignasdy

vampire........I have a little over 200 flights on mine, and I had to remake the gear doors , and do some more gluing, but thats normal, its now hangin in the livin room. I can always fly it again if I get the urge, but quite frankly, Ive pushed it to the limits and Im bored with it.
d
Old 02-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Ad Clark III
My Feedback: (8)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you where the limit is. It was 135 mph(radar) on my bird, and it took an OS 160 with a 15x11 prop to get there. I agree flying a under powered Rare Bear around at 95 mph would get pretty boring. Ill build another one someday and go for 145. It will propably take some aluminum rods in the stab to do it. It will also take something a little bigger than the OS 160. Too many other projects this year however. See ya
Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 AM
bignasdy

Not bored with the speed, it isnt underpowered, (your overpowered), and ya coulda went faster with a better, smaller engine. Im gettin 122 with a st90 3 blade 13/8 prop, runnin smokin rich, but I could care less about speed records. This is a sport plane, not a speed demon.......I have those too.
Im bored with the plane .....period. I have over 100 planes man..........
No, I dont just do high speed passes..........that is boring ...........
Funny ya callin me underpowered....thats funny funny stufff.........gawd......it never ends on this site.........................
d
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
babenson

ORIGINAL: bignasdy

Not bored with the speed, it isnt underpowered, (your overpowered), and ya coulda went faster with a better, smaller engine. Im gettin 122 with a st90 3 blade 13/8 prop, runnin smokin rich, but I could care less about speed records. This is a sport plane, not a speed demon.......I have those too.
Im bored with the plane .....period. I have over 100 planes man..........
No, I dont just do high speed passes..........that is boring ...........
Funny ya callin me underpowered....thats funny funny stufff.........gawd......it never ends on this site.........................
d
Man you are one angry person. Relax man, its just a forum!

BTW - where do you fly your 100 planes? 114th?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
mrbiga

Hi , these are 4 pic from my R.B.
I am going to treat the hole system with medium Cyano, before fit the landing gear.(any place i can)
Do you think that i have to re-enforce it more (with some fiberglass and epoxy) ? It looks strong enough
but i have read some thinga about it.
I have allready fix the the stab ,using longer and thicker CF 8/6 mm.
Best regards
Argiris

Name:	Pm34659.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	628051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31550.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	628052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74242.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	628053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv62187.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	628054  
Old 02-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Rbeav533

Medium CA isn't enough. You need to review the earlier sections of this thread for recommendations on how to reinforce the langing gear mounts. I did the same mods that Vampire recommended and it still wasn't enough for my field. I peeled the gear mounts out of my RB several times and then grounded the plane until I could fabricated proper mounts. Since installing my new gear mounts I've put about 75 flights on it without a single gear mount failure.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1665626/mpage_18/key_/tm.htm#]Vampire's Gear Plate Mod[/link] Go to Post # 439.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/galleryCat.cfm?memberID=136718]My Gear Plates and Tail Mods[/link]

Rich
Old 02-24-2007, 03:15 AM
mrbiga

Thanks Rbeav533. I will make some mods.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
jfetter

Hmmm, this appears to be beefed up considerably since the first version most of us have, anyone know for certain that even this new (look at the triple layers) design still doesn't work out-of-the-box?

Jack
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 PM
rcdivot

ORIGINAL: Al Magaloff

Has anyone received one yet? Just wondering what it looks like, how well they are done, etc.
I have one on the way.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:06 PM
rare_bear
My Feedback: (1)

two layers are fine PROVIDED that they are SECURELY attached to the joining ribs with, perhaps, interlocking wood.

but if they are not interlocking, then ya had betta reinforce them to the ribs with glass cloth and epoxy or else, even with 4 layers, they'll rip out. include the wing's leading edge and the ribs all the way back to the spar in the structural strungthening because that is where the tortional forces end up transfering to upon landings.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Frag

If you want to see an awesome Rare Bear rc airplane then watch this video. I don't think its a Thunder Tiger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gy2v...elated&search=
Old 04-07-2007, 03:50 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its the 3w Rare Bear:
http://www.3w-modellmotoren.de/model...t/bearcat.html

and the RCS/Moki 250 or 215 radial
http://www.rcshowcase.com/html/RCS/rcs250.html

Here is the 250, and 400cc Moki

Name:	Fc90356.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	658796  
Old 04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
jjeaster222000
My Feedback: (15)

im thinking of getting one from a friend.. what is the new news on this is everyone still happy with it?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: jjeaster222000

im thinking of getting one from a friend.. what is the new news on this is everyone still happy with it?
He may not be your friend anymore once you buy (and fly) it...

Seriously, nice looking, unfortunately, some cheap building shortcuts require a few mods, if those have been done (and I would verify that they have) then you have a decent flying plane as well...

Jack
Old 04-18-2007, 03:29 PM
jjeaster222000
My Feedback: (15)

yeah he is a heck of a builder so im not worried to much about it. she has never been flown do you have any tips for ballancing it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.