Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tail Problem?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tail Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 08:55 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Problem?

Last night I epoxied the vertical stab to the horizontal stab of my Thunder Tiger Lazy Tiger 51. The angle of the vertical stab to the horizontal stab is a perfect 90 degrees...BUT, If I put the square flat against the back of the horizontal stab, the vertical stab is not centered quite right on the horizontal stab. There is a tab on the leading edge of the horizontal stab where the vertical stab fits into, but I forgot to check to make sure the trailing edge of the vertical stab was centered on the horizontal stab. The vertical stab is a little over 1/16 of an inch off when measured from front to back. Do you think this will be a problem?
Old 02-16-2002, 04:14 AM
Jazzy

Default Tail Problem?

You are saying that when you look from tail to front the vertical fin is angled off to one side or the other? I.E. 'aiming' at the side of the engine head instead of the glow plug post.
Being that the Lazy-51 is a floater and dancer, I don't see this as too much a problem. A little rudder trim should take care of it for the speed range of this model.
Cutting off the vertical fin for re-alignment is something nobody wants to do!

Best of Luck
Jeff
Old 02-16-2002, 08:14 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Default Tail Problem?

Jeff,
Yes, that's exactly right....(it was a little hard to describe!!) I thought it wouldn't be a problem, like you said, it's a floater and it's such a short plane.
Thanks for the info!
Mike