Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

I need help BAD

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

I need help BAD

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need help BAD

I got the TH big trainer with the 6EXAP transmitter
I can work the controls but i'm not sure if I have the TX programmed for the receiver.
The rudder only moves 1 way.
The LCD is supposed to let me know the TX is programed for the model i'm flying.
I assume this is # 1?
Is there a way I can set this up and just turn it on like the other trainers?
Thanks
Vegas/
Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need help BAD

Futaba does not have the software that controls only one receiver per memory bank (#1, #2, etc) so what that means is that if you've bound the Rx to the Tx and they are both on, you will be controlling the Rx no matter what model you've selected. So, you want to get all your settings for that plane squared away under one model bank and give it a name.

There should be a model reset feature if you want to clear everything out and start again.

Once you've got that stuff squared away, make sure you have the right servos plugged into the right channels. next, check the direction and reverse as necessary. Then go to your endpoints and adjust as necessary. This should give you a decent place to start from.

Also, make sure your switches are all off or at a neutral position, or wherever they should be.

Make sure your mixes are off too.

Maybe some more info about the rudder would help: does it move one way when you push the stick on way, and move the same way when you push the stick the other way, or does it only move with one input and not move with opposite input?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Whirley Bird

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

Futaba does not have the software that controls only one receiver per memory bank (#1, #2, etc) so what that means is that if you've bound the Rx to the Tx and they are both on, you will be controlling the Rx no matter what model you've selected. So, you want to get all your settings for that plane squared away under one model bank and give it a name.

There should be a model reset feature if you want to clear everything out and start again.

Once you've got that stuff squared away, make sure you have the right servos plugged into the right channels. next, check the direction and reverse as necessary. Then go to your endpoints and adjust as necessary. This should give you a decent place to start from.

Also, make sure your switches are all off or at a neutral position, or wherever they should be.

Maybe some more info about the rudder would help: does it move one way when you push the stick on way, and move the same way when you push the stick the other way, or does it only move with one input and not move with opposite input?
Hollo gaRCfield
I have all the above figured out.
Now I have another problem.
Everything was fine except the rudder was to much to the left with the setting at zero (OFF)
I adjust that and now all the servos are chattering and all but the rudder are showing a mild flutter.
The RX came wired so I assume the RX is OK since all semed good until I made the rudder adjustment
For some reason i'm not receiving the post in mail even though I have it selected to be notified so i'll check the site in appx 15 minutes.
Thanks for responding
Vegas/
Old 11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Whirley Bird

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

gaRCfield
Thanks pal,
You know your stuff with these transmitters.
OK I set the mix to off and the rudder problem was corrected by turning off another transmitter on the same frequency.
Now with the new TX I hold the small switches and it beeps away and I can see the control surfaces move real slow
Tomorrow I hope to break it in and after a few flights, the tail wheel gets put on.
Very pleased with the bird,
Covering had one small wrinkle and the heat gun took that out
Thanks for the help
Vegas/
Old 11-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Ok, glad to help. Make sure you do a good range check at the field before you fly. There are things that can interfere when you are at home and cause some servo chatter (also you will definitely get some noise if the charger is plugged in).
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
outdoorhunting

Needless to say. ALWAYS double-check the voltage in your RX battery !!!!! I know I've had a situation where all servos were "fluttering" & come to find out my RX batt was low. Good luck
Old 11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Whirley Bird

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Needless to say. ALWAYS double-check the voltage in your RX battery !!!!! I know I've had a situation where all servos were "fluttering" & come to find out my RX batt was low. Good luck
Thanks GUYS,
All is well and I ran the engine today.
The servo chatter was from the other TX from another trainer was left on
It's all trimmed and ready for a nice calm day.
Now anyone know why this system isn't sending me mail[]
Vegas/