Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Models clipped Cub

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Models clipped Cub

Old 06-02-2003, 10:02 PM
JEanes
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models clipped Cub

beware......the control horn for the rudder has to be trimmed OR installed "backards" so it will clear the fuse at full left deflection...

it also has te be mounted directly over top a metal hinge which is very hard to drill ,,,,IF you use their predrilled location.

the metal hinge at the very bottom of the rudder projects thru the rudder post so far that you have to cut away some of the fuse tail-post so it will recess into the post...

These are minor but I wanted the everyone to know...!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:17 PM
MikelJay
My Feedback: (2)

Default Thanks for the "heads up"...

You also have to watch out for the strut attachment. The instructions for the plane are kinda a fuzzy in places. Otherwise, it's a joy to build.

The boy (pictured) has a Saito 72 four stroke in his. Unlimited vertical, very aerobatic!

I've got another on like it that I'm putting together, except it's the blue one. Maybe I'll put the same engine on it!

Best regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	83325_3347.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	49024  
Old 06-06-2003, 11:51 PM
JEanes
My Feedback: (11)

Default W-Models clipped wing struts

Are they functional ? Anyone flying without them ?
Old 06-07-2003, 12:07 AM
MikelJay
My Feedback: (2)

Default Wing struts....

Yep, the boy's plane flies very well without them. Flat spins..... no problem!

With the 72 in the nose, we had to move the battery pack behind the CG in order to get the plane to balance.

The plane has a 1450 mha JR battery pack, Saito 72 four stroke, 5 Futaba 3003 servos. The rest is what the plane comes with.......

Best regards,
Mike
Old 08-28-2003, 07:47 PM
spyder0069

Default World Models clipped Cub

They must have fixed this or something. I built mine stock and had no problems. The wing struts are optional but it looks odd without them. I had a hard time locating the strut holes in the wing but otherwise it was a easy assembly. It flys great! I built in flaps on mine and it has a SHORT takeoff run (20 feet or less) and lifts up like a helicopter. It was a easy add on and helps slow it down for easy touch and go's and landings.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:44 PM
RonHill
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Thanks for the "heads up"...

Saito .50 enough for this plane? I have a Saito .50 just sitting around.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:58 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

ron I fly mine with the Saito 56, plenty of power... vertical is not unlimited however it will do LARGE loops, stall turns, hammerheads and so on, if I yank the nose up at full throttle it will climb about 200ft before it slows to the point you have to fight to keep the nose pointed up... at about 230ft it's fully stalled. SLOW scale flight takes about 1/4 throttle...anything over 1/2 throttle is very unrealistic for scale. I'm not a float flier but I think it would have more than enough power. your 50 will have a bit less power... still more than enough for this Cub in my book. BTW I fly at 2500ft ASL

John
Old 05-17-2004, 09:29 AM
spyder0069

Mine got its 3rd powerplant change (I love experimenting). It started with the O.S. 40FP then went to the thunder tiger .46 pro and now it has a older O.S. .61-FS four stroke. For this engine I also had to move the battery behind the CG. To be honest the .61 four stroke with a 12x6 prop has performance inbetween the .40 and the .46. The .46 definately had more power to weight ratio and pulled it verticle better. BUT the .61-FS isn't that far behind and has that beatiful 4-stroke sound. I bet the .70 surpass is the perfect engine for this plane. I think my .61 is about the same weight as the .70 but about 3/4 of the power.