Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Brushless Motor Upgrade Problems

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Brushless Motor Upgrade Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:43 PM
BlavkskylineR34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Motor Upgrade Problems

Ok well I have a HZ supercub LP. I decided i wanted a brushless motor. So i put all the elecronics in and had a brushless motor laying around from a crashed plane. Well I put it on and then i noticed that it was spinning backwards. So then I looked up what to do and was told (I read) that i can change any 2 wires. Soo I splice the red and yellow. Nothing does not run. I try the red and black and the black and yellow.. Nothing. Origanlly when i got it , It had yellow and black hooked together. And so i tryed RtR BtB and YtY and nothing all i can get is the motor turning right then lef tthen right again and it beeps in the process. I tryed to take it back to how it was and now it wont work. I am very anxious to get this fixed judging by they way I fly tommrow! So thanks for all you help! And You guys rock! (in advance)
Old 08-30-2009, 08:42 AM
BlavkskylineR34

Default RE: Brushless Motor Upgrade Problems

BUMP : Noone??
Old 08-30-2009, 08:55 AM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

You should be changing the wires between the ESC and the Motor. There should be three wires and by changing any two, you will change the direction of rotation.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 AM
BlavkskylineR34

That is what i was told but When i do that ^^ is what happens! This is why its so confusing would you like some pics?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 AM
el_xero
My Feedback: (2)

I hope you don't take the words change to mean remove and replace.. it just means to switch the connections coming from the speed controller to the motor. Example if your wires were red blue and white with red matching up to red blue to blue and white matching up to white all you would need to do is simply switch any two of them and leave one un changed so say you left the white to white then you would have red going to blue from the speed controller and blue to red again from the speed controller...

if you switched polarity from the battery to the speed controller you will burn the speed controller so if you did something like that then that could be the reason it no longer works. I hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 AM
LSF2298

Pics would help.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unplug two wires.
Take one of those and plug it where the other was plugged.
Now plug the one that's left where the first was plugged.

Time to draw a picture............. brb
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81268.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1265845  
Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 PM
BlavkskylineR34

Now I tryed that and My colors are Red Black And Yellow. I tryed all combonations
Will have pics up shortly
Old 08-30-2009, 03:57 PM
BlavkskylineR34

Ok I have this ESC http://www.xaic.cn/english/zzcp/BrushlessESC.htm Its the BLE 18 if that helps at all
Here is a pic of what I have . RtR BtY and YtB That does not work Then I tryed all other combos and none work after i changed the initial set up it broke so i tried to go back the the initial set up and it no longer works

Also I have them lust wire to wire cause i was testing... That is not how i will leave them! Thanks Guys! Also If you want I ca make a audio file that has the exact BEEP that it does..

Here are the pics

And a link to the pic DIRECTLY http://yfrog.com/5aphotodosj
Old 08-30-2009, 04:12 PM
LSF2298

Well, if you can get it working again, reversing the yellow and black wires would cause the motor to reverse. Be sure you are using the correct arming sequece when you turn the transmitter, then receiver on. ie.. you may need to advance the throttle control to full throttle and then back to minimum before the ESC is armed. You may also need to reverse the throttle servo control. also, the ESC my have failed Good luck.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:13 PM
BlavkskylineR34

Well now I hear it arm. It just wont go anymore but hearing it arm was a pluse. Its like the battry is dead. Could that be cause Im using a 3cell lipo that came stock with the plane? I mean i ran it for 22min strait and then charged it and I have another battrey that works fine in it and it odes not work with this motor either! Can anyone give me an idea what to try next? Cause it will arm then it will try to go both ways! Ugh...