Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Thanks for moving!

Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Thanks for moving!

Old 02-03-2002, 03:14 AM
BPIII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for moving!

This site actually loads! A lot more fun than RCO.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:06 AM
cowboy22

Default Agreed

I'll second that!
Old 03-01-2002, 05:13 AM
kwmtp

Thanks for the lead on this site! Much better than RCO! Where are you located in KY? I'm at Ft.Campbell TN/KY border. I'd be interested in linking up to fly if it's not too far. Aren't you the guy that is building a Kellett? I sure love my Kellett!
Take care,
-Mike
Old 03-01-2002, 11:55 PM
Steve T.

Glad you guys are pleased with RCUniverse! (Me too.) However, I made an agreement with the "man-in-charge" of this whole deal: if we don't get the "numbers", we have to move to a sub-forum off the main page. We agreed to the month of February and he is not impressed with the number of visits.

So, I asked him to hold off just a little longer...please email this fine gentleman and beg if you have to...pleeeeaaase let us stay on the lead page. (The word "Autogyro" alphabetizes so nicely, doesn't it?)

Here's his name and email address: Marc Vigod
[email protected]
Old 03-02-2002, 04:23 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry...I'm not pulling the forum off the homepage quite yet. If it does come down to it the forum will exist but may be in a subforum but a homepage link would still be here. Similar to the Electric forum here or engine for sale forum...not sure how I would do it if necessary but there is certainly enough interest in these to keep the forum of course. Only question is how it will be found on the homepage...either as a full heading or as a subforum heading of some kind.

It's RC so it all good
Old 03-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Steve T.

Thanks Marc. From whence we came, this RCUniverse is such a blessing...hope we can stay easily visible which will in turn attract more visitors.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:45 AM
kwmtp

Default Sub Forum??

I'm not sure if there is a forum appropriate to contain Autogyro info as a sub-catagory. Autogyros are different from other forms of R/C aircraft. They do not fly like fixed wing, or helicopters. The similarity between Autogyros and Heli's stops with the fact that they both have rotor blades(Which we know aren't the same either). Those of us who fly them realize that it isn't easy to design and build a succesful model, which is probably why there's so few of us. If it were easy to fly and build Autogyros, then everyone would try it! The majority of the Gyronuts I have met have extensive aviation and aerodynamic backgrounds, yet there is still a lot to figure out.
One would think that if something as mundane as a "BATTERY" deserves it's own catagory, the Autogyro belongs on a front page to be experienced by all. I have been to many fields in my area, and with exception of some of the Old Timers, most of the people have never heard of an Autogyro. We owe it to the future generations to let Autogyros live in R/C modeling. I think we should all pitch in and build the Administrator an Autogyro to get him hooked, that is if he's up to the challange of something entirely different than all the other forms of R/C aircraft.

Just my humble opinion,
CW3 Mike Hambrecht
U.S. Army Aiation
Test Pilot
Old 03-04-2002, 12:52 AM
Steve T.

Thanks for your support, Mike. I'm sure the Marc (RCU Site Administrator) wants to work with us on this.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:32 AM
BPIII

Mike,
Yes I am building the Kellet but I have not had much time to do much with it. This is my first kit so I am taking it slow. Seems like my free time lately has gone to maintaining my current fleet. I am not trying to guess when it will be done because that seems to be bad luck. I think I emailed you about the helicopters one time? I had a computer crash and lost all my contacts. Anyway, I'll try to post all our fly-ins soon so you will have the dates. You can come to our field anytime but because we share a gate with the city, the city wants it locked outside business hours (construction landfill). Fly-ins are the exception.

As for the AutoGyro forum, you NEED one if you are a RCUniverse. AutoGyros are certainly in the RC universe if only on a smaller planet.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:30 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as there is a reasonable level of activity here I have no problem with keeping it front and center. I'll give it time to catch a buzz...
Old 03-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Kellett

BP, I am also building the Kellett, been working on the blades, the fuse and tail are all built servos in and Saito 100 ready. I have the blades very nearly perfectly balanced and hoping that covering does not change them much. Thanks Mr. Admin. we need this site.