Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

oop quick question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:18 AM
rob6894
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oop quick question

I have a powerflite redundant battery li-ion pack. I dripped a little ca on one of the wires on accident while working on my plane well when I was moving one of the wires the sheeting cracked in 3 spots Right next to each other where the ca dripped it does not look like the sheeting cracked all the way to the metal wire but close. I just wrapped it up good with electrical tape I tested and everything powers fine. I assume this will be ok since the wire itself never got severed but I want to be sure using the electrical tape is the right idea.

Thanks
Rob
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Ross Kean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: oop quick question

Electrical tape does a good job of hiding the problem but does a poor job of properly repairing exposed wires/damaged insulation. I would either replace the connecting wire or use some heat-shrink. I assume the battery covering was not damaged.

Ross