Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

First plane -need to mod before maiden

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

First plane -need to mod before maiden

Old 04-18-2016, 07:54 AM
standard issue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First plane -need to mod before maiden

I bought a Harbor Freight Yellow Bee for $30 today. I haven't flown it yet but I'm hearing a lot about this plan not turning so well. It runs on two pusher props with differential thrust. The motors are so close together it's no wonder it won't turn. What I'd like to do is somehow have ailerons on each wing that actuate slightly upon turning. Ideally I'd line to wire them into the factory control board. I don't even need proportional operation. Just have one side tip up and the other tip down when I turn. Any way to do this? Be clever people. You can figure it out.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:59 AM
buzzard bait

Sorry, I'm not clever enough. But if it were my plane I would cut off the wing tips and glue them back on with some dihedral. That way the modest yaw you get from the motor differential will cause more bank, and banking is what turns the plane.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 AM
standard issue

Thanks, thats a cood Idea! I think I'll make a new wing out of foam board with some dihedral.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:05 PM
buzzard bait

Just don't substitute a flat wing for a cambered one.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:41 AM
jester_s1

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You're trying to polish a turd, Standard Issue. The yellow bee isn't designed to fly. It's designed to be cheap and that's the only thing it will ever do well. Save your time and effort and get a hobby grade plane like a Hobbyzone Super Cub. You'll have a lot more fun that way.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:53 AM
jetmech05

I have to agree with jester on this one....If your serious about getting into RC then get away from the cheap don't fly toys. This is a great hobby full of outstanding folks. This hobby can be very very frustrating if not entered into correctly.
We were all where you are now. Go to a club get help